First grow box - plz help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are they all wet?

I would remove the foil from the container that you are using (for a drip tray?) Foil is a very poor reflector of light, it is worse when it is wrinkled. Use some regular drip trays under the plants. Foil belongs in the kitchen.

Your plant looks good, however I detect a bit of nute burn on the tips of the leaves and tacoing of the leaves could be the beginning of a problem. What are you feeding them and how much? Are you Phing your nute solution?

They're wet because i sometimes spray a little water on the leaves to make them feel fresh (i know im paranoid) lol ..

The foil that you're seeing here is nothing at all , i used this box to put the plants in only because i didnt have drip trays .. And this box was actually my base , i wanted to grow my plants in it but then i changed my mind and expanded by building the wooden box :D however i do have relfective parts still covered with foil but atleast they're smooth and not wrinkled , i just place them around the plants but you can't see them here in the pic . Im just gona keep going with the foil atm , dont think ill change the whole interior anymore until after the harvest .

The plants look good yes , and the yellow thingy on the tip of some leaves got me questioning myself ... I finally discovered that when watering the mix of nutrients (nitrogen , phosphorus , potassium) into my plants , some of the liquid was touching the leaves and thats why they turned yellow .. After i discovered that , i always made sure to pour the water+nutrients straight into the soil . Problem got solved

About the doses , it said on the instructions to mix 2 doses with 3 liters of water . So i started with just one dose and going up progressively .

Spraying the foliage is not necessarily a good thing. I think you could quit that practice. Both plants are showing signs of nute burn. so, I would ease up on the nutes on both.

Again, please, please get rid of the foil. It is a poor reflector of light. The plants do not want or like light reflected to the underside of the leaves. It can also create hot spots that will create burn spots. It is detrimental to your grow. Foil belongs in the kitchen, not in the grow room.

Overall, they look quite nice. They are bushy and full. What kind of nutes do you use and how much do you feed them?

ya learn something everyday,, i'll remeber what ya said HG

Sorry guys i havent been able to update since a long time , hope everyone spent some good time with their families on the holidays .

Unofrtunately , i am here to say that my grow was unsuccessful ...

I have absolutely no idea why my plants have been reacting like that (Will post pictures) , but im gona try and write down the things that i might have done incorrectly and harmed the plants .

Those were the plants , 3 weeks and 2 weeks ago on the final days of vegging .

View attachment IMG_1706.jpg

View attachment IMG_1877.jpg

Ok so here are the shocking images now ... The last 2 pictures are the most recent ones , and the first one was taken about a 5 days ago when the symptoms started to appear .

The things i think may have damaged the plants are :

I switched the flowering 1 week ago
I added 2 more 135W cfl's (Caused alot of heat)
Added a carbon filter with extraction fan
Reversed my "Pc extracting fans" so they would be blowing air inside the box (Intake fans)

So : 1 carbon filter + extraction fan + 2 intake fans + 2 passive intake holes

A couple days ago i noticed the temp going up to 38°C which 100°F .
I then removed the 2 big CFL's that ive added and the temp went back down.

About 4 days ago aswell , i think i over watered the plants (water mixed with nutriens) , and mix came back out of the holes down below and stayed in the plastic container for about a day . 4 days later (Today) , the soil is still wet (which is usually not normal) , so i guess by overwatering the plants i caused some kind of draining problem ?

I dont know if i can do anything to revive the plants , or if i should put them back on vegging so they can get more light , ive lost hope now .

I ordered a 300W led growlight which ill be receiving next week , ive had it with the hot temp rising and killing the plants .

Anyways , i hope someone can tell me what went wrong precisely and guide me to the best way possible to try and revive the plants . (One of them looks better than the other though) .

Thank you

View attachment IMG_1959.jpg

View attachment IMG_1972.jpg

View attachment IMG_1974.jpg

Sweet Jesus
I'm a noob that looks like it got way to Hot temp wise and dryied out and was corrected before totally plant melt down. 80F MAX or bad things happen.

I did a bit of research and figured it was over fed with nutrients which killed it , i did some flushing with pure water and i think its becoming better now

You never said what you are feeding them and what soil you are using? Did you PH the water?

I believe that it is a combination of high heat in the space and nutes that are too hot. Why did you switch to flowering nutes? Are the plants sexed?

I also wonder why you added the filter this early and what fan do you have connected to it? PC fans are not nearly strong enough for much more than a PC--they do a poor job in a grow space. Remove the filter. If you do not have a centrifuge type fan, you are going to need one. One decent exhaust fan will do the job. You do not need intake fans for a space so small. I would remove the CPU fans altogether once you get a decent fan.

Now on to food. What exactly did you feed them and how much? I am quite sure that they have bad nute burn, too. However, you said you flushed and now I am wondering.....

If you flushed your plants properly (this takes about 4 times the volume of the container you are flushing) it might not dry out in 4 days. So, did you actually give them a good flush and let the runoff go somewhere else (this is the stuff you are trying to get rid of)? Did you use enough water? Flushing is far far different than a heavy watering, which is not necessarily good.

An LED is still going to require decent ventilation. Air exchange is for more than heat control--the plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on. I personally like to exchange the air in my space several times a minute. And you WILL need a centrifuge type fan to pull air through a carbon filter and the fan needs to be sized to the filter you have.

They may or may not recover. I would take them out of flowering though and let them try to recover or if these are bagseed, I would start over. This is the kind of stress that makes the hermy come out in bagseed.

THG , i was waiting for your answer lol always detailed and specific .

First of all the nutes are still the same ones i have been using since the start .

The filter fan i got isn't a Pc fan , its actually a filter compatible fan that has the requirements to do the job for my space . I got the 100mm one , here's a link :

http://www.alchimiaweb.com/en/alchimia-in-line-extractor-product-4837.php

Filter :

http://www.alchimiaweb.com/en/alchimia-can-lite-100150-carbon-filter-product-5300.php

The 2 Pc fans i still have are just intake fans now , i will remove them if you say so .

As for the food , i gave them half the dose suggested on the bottle , they didnt say how often , but the label says : mix 2 doses with 3L of water . I mixed 1 dose in 3L and gave each plant the same amount . I think i over did it though like every 2 days , but i really dont know how often i should feed them .

As for the flushing , i didnt mesure the amount of poured water , but i kept watering and waiting , till the water came out "almost clear" . Did it like 6-7 times in the kitchen sink .

The plants seem to be growing new leaves now , do you think i should put it back on veg ?

As for ventilation , i think i have a pretty good ventilation process going in the box with the extraction fan i have for the filter and 2 seperate portable fans ventilating the inside of my box . At night the temp drops to 22°C (71°F) and during the day when the lights are on it goes up to 30°C (86°F) . So i concluded that the only thing that may be getting heat is the lights , thats why i ordered a 300W Led light from "Mars Hydro" with 3 built in fans (Sucks that i payed the same amount on all my CFLs -.-) .

oh and btw , the new fan that i got which i posted a link previously , is a 100CFM fan , and my grow space is equal to 8 cubic feet . So 100/8 = 12.5 times air renewed per minute . Am i right ?

Multi is correct. I am getting so angry by the lying money grubbing SOBs that are selling unsuitable things to new growers just to make a buck. There is no way thast fan is going to pull through that carbon filter. Sorry...

Latest posts

Back