topping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats kinda the point....to promote vigorous side branching w/o much more height. There is a "too early" time in my book. 10 nodes high and then cut back to 7th node take the bottom 2 nodes off and you have 10 "shoots" to effectively work with...I like 6 mains so it gives me 4 I can remove if some don't make it into the sweet spot. I would not top OD let them do what nature intended and support the heck outta them. Just my .02

i get excited outdoors and get started early. in the past i put 12-16 inch high plants in early April. i have had to take off 2 feet or more in mid to late June and still wound up with 7 to 9 footers. hard to stake(for me), I LOVE ROTOTILLING the area. it's good black loam which i added a dump truck of.. also added a lot of perlite and compost and rototilled the whole area. there's 2 feet of loam in a 20 by 16 foot area.. get 3 inch+ trunks and just below surface roots going 12 feet away. i usually don't feed O.D..but water during dry, hot periods.. there's just so much of everything they need in soils. all day sun is so fine also.... thanks for the topping support krave. i will do that on the taller ones, at least. :)

Please don't take my comments the wrong way GH, I'm just relating my preferences and opinions. I want you to be the best you can be and there are plenty more opinions out there that are as good or better than mine. Peace

Please don't take my comments the wrong way GH, I'm just relating my preferences and opinions. I want you to be the best you can be and there are plenty more opinions out there that are as good or better than mine. Peace

too kind kraven. not at all. i have learned so much here and have been very pleased with my results. you and hammy r killing it!! giving me something to very much wanna improve on. thank u both very much for sharing!! never have seen a pile of knocked off trics like that. soo very impressed!! am tempted to try an led setup..altering soil is a must as well..sometimes i get a little defensive, that's my bad.. THANKS!!

Your very welcome man. I always enjoy your threads, keep up the good work. :aok:

Very good info from all sides. Great thread!

It seems like the learning never stops with growing MJ :) every time I think I have learned about all there is, I discover that there is much more to know..... But that is what makes growing so enjoyable (and sometimes frustrating) :)

thanks snook! and all who offer advice and help..

soo right pup!!

Latest posts

Back