1st Grow Bagseed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buju

Got Herb?
Reaction score
I have some blueberry on the way so this is just to help give me some experience.

I have 2 40w Full Spec Florecents for the veg period. I have yet to buy a flowering light. I should have it before it's time.

Hope to get some tips along the way.

Thanks =)

S4020734.jpg

Are these lights sufficient?

They are 2 Philips 40w Full Spectrum Florecents 2200 luments each.

Thanks =)

She's (I hope) about twice the size. I talk to her every day.

DSC01044.jpg

looking good so far, looks like you just got done watering? just dont water to much,let the seedling and pot dry out for id say atleast 3-4 days before watering again. goodluck and dont be shy on asking more questions!

Thanks Dankerz and Purp =)

That was going to be my next question. About watering. So I should be watering every 3-4 days?

I will take another pic tomorrow. She's growing really fast. I have the light on 24 hours. I just bought a timer and was thinking about doing 20/4. My wife isn't crazy about using the hps bulb so I am thinking of doubling up on the fluorescents. Would this be ok for flowering?

Thanks again.

Well, it's not just so "every 3-4 days"...in some cases it can be different. The size of the roots in the pot is what's going to matter how much you water it. If you have a plant too big for it's pot, you'll have to water it a lot. If you have a pot sufficient enough for your plant you dont have to water it too much.

I'd use the finger way, stick your finger in and as long as it's moist a qaurter inch under the top of the soil then it's fine. =)

Thanks, Dewayne.

The pot it's in now is about a gallon.

Here are a couple more pics.

DSC01058x.jpg

DSC01064x.jpg

just make sure u don't over water, roots need air.my main problem is watering in these dam pots lol.and the less water but not no water would give you great root growth.once every 4 days would be fine.unless u got a hot grow space.then u may need more water.

I am going to pick up some more lights. Most likely CFLs. I think I saw a 150w at home depot.

Still waiting for blueberry seeds.

Copy of DSC01078.JPG

Get the 6500k for veg. They are in the blue spectrum and promote thicker stalks and stems.

After 8 days looks like she is doing well. Haven't got the new cfl yet. Had some other stuff going on. Hopefully this weekend. I moved the light closer down (about an inch or so away) and it really improved growth. I hope it's not too tall for being so young. Seems a little flimsy. Still standing up tall.

I put her outside today. Hope nobody takes notice. :D

DSC01081x.jpg

Just remember to keep the lights close as possible to keep from stretching the plant. This makes for a weak stalk. Also watch for mold and dampness for the pot being so big and the plant so small. Give a small amount of water at a time. Looking good so far and by the way try to grow more than one because you would hate to put in all that time and get a male.

newgreenthumb said:
Just remember to keep the lights close as possible to keep from stretching the plant. This makes for a weak stalk. Also watch for mold and dampness for the pot being so big and the plant so small. Give a small amount of water at a time. Looking good so far and by the way try to grow more than one because you would hate to put in all that time and get a male.

I had other seeds germing that never came out. This was the only one. The seeds are pretty old. At least 5-10 years I think. I put some more bagseed in for germination (wet papertowel method). Been about 2 days so far and nothing. Have some blueberry on order. Hope to have it soon.

Yea it looks like I did stretch it a bit. I hope it doesn't hurt the plant later on.

Thanks for the info!

Nah, i think it looks fine, maybe a tad bit stretchy but it's not something that's not fixable right? Ooo and i can't wait to see how your blueberry come in! anyways it's starting off well, keep us updated! =) good luck!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Thanks, Dewayne.

A freind of mine is suppose to be getting me the bb. I have been buying it though her for a while. I am surprised her source will give them up. Haven't got them yet though :p

Here is another pic.

DSC01084.jpg

Well i can't wait to see them babies growing! i'll be following your grow :D

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Thanks, man :)

I put the plant out in the sun today. It got pretty hot and she wilted a bit. No more outside ventures for Preperation A.

On the bright side, I picked up two kick *** 26w CFLs

2 GE 26w=100w 1600 lumens 6500k in addition to my 4' tube fluorescents with an metal hood. Sits right on top. Kind of stoned right now so I will edit later.

Peace!

DSC01085.jpg

Latest posts

Back