super soil for autos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intellenoob

Reaction score
Hello all! I want to mix up some super soil for an auto grow, and from everything I've read, autos need a lot less N than photoperiod plants. So, I was thinking about using subcools recipe and leaving out the blood meal and getting a guano w/ a little bit of n. Btw that and th e bone meal and th e worm castings, would th at be enough N for autos?

I'm not an organic grower so take what I say with a grain of salt. If I recall correctly you don't want to transplant autos. Starting a seedling in super soil will probably stunt its growth because it is too potent for such a small plant. You will be better off starting the auto in its final container with a low-nute soil such as LightWarrior, or a no-nute soil like ProMix or SunShine Mix#4. Hope this helps...A.M.

Well I was gonna put tge super soil in the bottom third or so of the pot so the plant would have a lil time to grow before it can find the hot stuff

I wanted to go w/ 5 gal pots, but i feel like that might leave too much unamended soil for the roots to get to the gd stuff....so im thinkin 3 gal pots/bags

I wanted to go w/ 5 gal pots, but i feel like that might leave too much unamended soil for the roots to get to the gd stuff....so im thinkin 3 gal pots/bags

I don't see why that shouldn't work. Maybe go half and half in the 3 gallon pot. Then hit it with a tea a couple times late in to flower if needed.

I would always rather under feed then over feed. Over fed plants will end up with damage that can not be corrected. Under fed plants can just be given more food.

I am thinking that taller narrower pots work best for autos--seems to me that was what JAAM used and had good luck with. I think they are called tree pots.

Organics is quite a science unto itself. I personally would be worried about making too many changes to the super soil recipe without really knowing what the result would be, especially if I was hoping to have the soil feed them their entire life. As a side note, I cannot remember reading anywhere that autos need less N than photoperiod plants.

Def the taller the pot the better... I had my best results in $3 3gallon Rubbermaid plastic garbage cans... Ive never used those tree pots but we did talk about them in the past... Havent run an auto in years at this point and have no clue about SS with autos... I fed with Fox Farms nutes... :48:

When you used ff nutes, did you skip the grow big or did you use all 3?

I fed my autos grow big until around day 40-45.... but I grow in promix and it has no nutes in it... I also only used the 3 powders for flower nutes... neither of the liquids are needed IMO/E...

Latest posts

Back