First Grow Random Seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mist the sides of the pellets not the seedling. And im trying out a new line from mg called natures care it doesnt contain any slow release nutes or chemicals like the organics choice or standard mg potting soil. And perlite since the soil does not have any. Theres an article somewhere about mg trying to make the soil more suitable for mmj growers since its becoming a huge market they also re did their fertilizer line and pest control but im only using the soil and perlite

So that's catnip in the cup?
I don't grow with CFL but they look far away from the cup to me.
View attachment 221885
Lots of cfl guys use these splitters to get more light into there area.

Positive vibes bro.
Wanna see how this cat nip does

Catnip update haha i think my cat is starting to notice what it is :laugh:

Attachments

• received_787279908008442.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 136
Lookin good man! You don't really need to do what I'm about to suggest, but for me I love to have maximum lumens per Sq. Ft. At least try to lol. But anyways, I would suggest adding some more lights. They are CFL's so they barley put out any heat, or cost much to run at all, and the glory is you can damn near have them touching the tops of your plants without burning. With that said, add another 1 or 2 more double bulbed fixtures Like the one you already have in there. It will dramatically speed up the overall growth. Also, Lower your light, to maybe... 4 inches or so from the top of your plant. Keep up the good work, look forward to seeing the out come. Good luck!

I would agree, though my progression is usually to add one or two more bulbs every time the plant gets big enough that even a single leaf is more than a couple inches from a bulb. So seedlings start with one bulb (26 or 32w) until their second or third node, when I add a second bulb. Around fourth or fifth node (assuming no major stretching, if so move them closer and add more sooner), I add two more. Those four (usually 42w each by this point) can get you most of the way through veg, at least if you flip as early as I do. Since I flower under CFLs too, I usually flip around the 8-10th node (or sooner if I FIM after 3rd node), even if they aren't alternating. Otherwise it will get too large for the CFLs to effectively penetrate.

Thanks EsC420PoT and Yeah ive added bulbs since that first pic. Now theres 3 26w 65k and 1 42w 27k will post pics of progress tomorrow they seem to be liking it!

Good Luck with your grow DC. I used bag seed on my first just to see if I could do this, and my first and biggest lesson was never again waste so much time and effort on something you do not at least know something about. I could have gotten lucky and admit that it was probably just as well because I did also make mistakes that may have contributed more in the end than I will ever know. Most of those mistakes were patience related.

Thanks samarta ive found that just keeping myself busy makes the patience part a lot easier. And yeah i was almost just gonna use bagseed but i just decided to get some seeds. I like that theyre random i got one plant thats a darker green and fatter and the others not as fat and more of a standard green

Your plants are looking good, however, if the lighting is correct, they are a bit light in color, which usually denotes the need for more N. I do not know if you are feeding them the MG Natures Care or not, but the ones I saw I felt were not high enough in N for a high energy plant like cannabis.

The MG Natures Care soil has apparently added yucca and coco to make it hold water better. This is not necessarily good for cannabis which needs to go through wet and dry periods. I do not know if you are using both the soil and the nutes, but I recommend using nutrients formulated for cannabis. And, sorry to get on a soap box here, but anyone using MG products should be aware of what Monsanto is doing to our earth. I will drive 120 miles over a mountain pass in winter or pay big bucks for shipping rather than buy MG or Scott products.

No i take pics using a 5mp phone camera (junk) so color is off and the nutrients im using is alaska fish fert 5-1-1 & Alaska morbloom 0-10-10. Ive also added more perlite then i ususally would bc i saw how the soil retains water. It drains good with the added perlite and its able to dry. This grow is mainly for hands on learning so thanks for the input THG

Perlite does not retain water, it does just the opposite. Vermiculite does hold water and that is why we do not use it. We want the plants to go through wet and dry cycles.

Why are you using a Bloom formula on little tiny babies? The Bloom is for when the plants go into 12/12.

Yeah thats why i added perlite for better drainage bc the soil retains water and it doesnt come with any perlite. And im not its just the two i have 5-1-1 for veg and a ratio of the two 5-11-11 for bloom
Veg 1/2 strength then to 3/4. Bloom 5-1-1 at 3/4 plus the bloom at 1/4. Directions from another grower who uses the same nutrients

Latest posts

Back