interrupted outdoor light cycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perthist

Reaction score
hi,

this is the first ever plants i have grown, and i am growing them outdoors.

i live in australia so it is hot, my buds are coming along nicely, and are about 6/7 weeks into the budding cycle.

i had to move house last week so i have transported my plants to a friends house, however they are now getting the morning light from 6am-1pm instead of the afternoon light from 1pm-6pm which they were getting at my previous house

will this effect the growth? and also i have read on a lot of threads that the cycle is normally 8 weeks, but mine don't look like they are close to ready yet, is it common for the cycle to last longer than 8 weeks?

I'm very new to this, sorry if these are obvious questions

thanks

Outdoors will be quite different than indoors. Indoors we have complete control over the environment and flowering plants receive 12 hours of light a day. Outdoors it is more dependent on the time of year. The plants will generally be in a vegetative state until after the solstice and then with the shortening of the days, the plant is signaled to start budding. It can 3 months or more after the solstice for the plants to be ready. When growing outdoors, breeder information tells you approx. when the plant will be ready. AZ whole lot of them do not finish until the end of Sept or into October in the northern hemisphere. This would translate to around the end of March into April in the southern hemisphere. How did you determine the start of flowering? Do you know the strain?

Latest posts

Back