White Widow reboot vol. 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farseer

Reaction score
Hi guys,

so my first grown journal was an utter catastrophie (my fault really).

So I'm starting a new grow and this time, the majority of the vegetative stage will be done indoors under CFL lamps (thanks next for the help).

The soil is the same, 6,5-7,5 pH and this time I'm adding perlite.

I germinated the seeds two days ago using the paper towel method in a temperature of 21 C (which is around 70 F for all of you not using the metric system), and it was ready to be put into the soil yesterday night.

I bought some peat pots for the very first time and drilled holes in them (but I'm pretty sure the roots can just grow right through the bottem). I bought them mainly because I wanted to experiment. Oh, they are about 400ml (14 oz) and I added 30% of perlite to the soil.

So about the lamp... I bought one CFL, 6500k temperature, 25W, I'm sure that will be enough.

I don't have a grow room per say, I'm using a small boiler room where the temperature is stable at around 19 C (66 F). The only thing I'm worried about is the fact that I don't have any proper ventilation system. So I just thought that if I keep the door wide open, that would suffice. I hope that there will be some kind of draft going on. I'm going to leave the lamp on 24/7 (or maybe 20/4 as I heard that plants appreciate a little "rest" period) for maybe about 3 weeks or so.

So that's really it, I hope this is going to go much better than my last grow, I'll keep you posted. :D

Peace guys, and happy late 4/20.

My question is, ,,what equipment are you going to use once it starts growing? A CFL is not going to work all the way thru Vegging,,and Dang sure wont work for flowering Decent buds.
And what rest period does Weed need except during Flower.
YOU REALLY NEED TO DO SOME READING.
Look the Forum over,,you will find lots to read to get you going in the RIGHT direction.

We want you to grow really dank pot.. The reason it costs so much to buy is it is not cheap to grow.
First off, a door open isn't enough air. You will need fans and fresh air.

Your plant doesn't need a rest. I used to think that too, but it is false. 24 hour a day light is what we use to veg.

WH had a very good point, what is your plan?

Hi guys,

so my first grown journal was an utter catastrophie (my fault really).

So I'm starting a new grow and this time, the majority of the vegetative stage will be done indoors under CFL lamps (thanks next for the help).

The soil is the same, 6,5-7,5 pH and this time I'm adding perlite.

I germinated the seeds two days ago using the paper towel method in a temperature of 21 C (which is around 70 F for all of you not using the metric system), and it was ready to be put into the soil yesterday night.

I bought some peat pots for the very first time and drilled holes in them (but I'm pretty sure the roots can just grow right through the bottem). I bought them mainly because I wanted to experiment. Oh, they are about 400ml (14 oz) and I added 30% of perlite to the soil.

So about the lamp... I bought one CFL, 6500k temperature, 25W, I'm sure that will be enough.

I don't have a grow room per say, I'm using a small boiler room where the temperature is stable at around 19 C (66 F). The only thing I'm worried about is the fact that I don't have any proper ventilation system. So I just thought that if I keep the door wide open, that would suffice. I hope that there will be some kind of draft going on. I'm going to leave the lamp on 24/7 (or maybe 20/4 as I heard that plants appreciate a little "rest" period) for maybe about 3 weeks or so.

So that's really it, I hope this is going to go much better than my last grow, I'll keep you posted. :D

Peace guys, and happy late 4/20.

I hope that you take this in the way that I mean it, which is to be helpful...first I am going to suggest that you do some more reading. Growing cannabis can be very difficult and the more you know the better. First you do need a dedicated space that you can set up. You need to learn the requirements for a space. I am not sure where you got the idea that a single bulb would be enough, but it will fall way way short. You will probably need 12-20 of those lights (CFLs really are the worst for growing). Also, plants do not need a rest period. Cannabis is in a class of plants that will grow all the time the light is on. Plants actually have a very hard time growing through the bottoms of those kinds of pots, regardless of what the advertising says....and they do not "dissolve" and go back to nature. You will need a proper ventilation system.

We would all love it if we really could grow a plant with a single CFLs and air that came through the door, but you cannot. There is a reason that it is expensive--it is hard to grow, a grow space takes money to set up, and it takes a long time. I encourage you to do some seriopus reading on what you need for a space as to not be disappointed this go around. How much money do you have to spend on this project?

Well, I just wanted to start the growth under this one CFL lamp, because the sun isn't strong in Europe at the moment. In a few weeks the weather is going to significantly get much better.

I know that when cannabis starts flowering, you need a warm light 9Around lets say 2500K), but since this grow is going to be done later outdoors, I didn't buy any extra lamps.

Plan: for starters keep the light on 24/7, once I notice the roots poking out at the bottem I'll move the plant into its final destination (11l),
I read that I can keep it indoors for about a few weeks (the plant will start flowering by then, until the sun gets stronger and the days longer,
in the last week I'll harden the plant by putting it outside for a few hours everyday when the sun is at its strongest (increasing the time as the days go by),
I'll start adding nutes fit for the vegetative stage (more N than P, K) after about 12 days,
I'll start at half the recommendation and gradually add more nutes to the water to not give the plant too much of a shock,

And that's really about it, I might of missed something. I haven't included the post flowering and harvest plans, but I know what to do then as well.

I really appreciate the help guys, I know that I can be a bit of a nuisance, but I'm taking in account of all the things you tell me.

I don't know really, I don't have a set limit, but I don't want to spend too much. That does not mean I won't spend anything, I would really like for this to work, and I'll do my best to make ends meet.

Ok guys, I'll get serious and go do some studying on the subject. I didn't mean to say that growing weed is cheap and easy, I know that it's the exact opposite of that.
I just thought that if this is going to be a one timer, temporary grow under-the-lights, that I would not need to build a grow room like you guys use for strict indoor grows.

Dont worry,,we all had to learn the right way to grow Weed. You came to the right place .

Oh good, i like your plan, could you just change one thing and veg under 24 hour light.

Greenest of mojo to you. Warning, you are entering a world of addiction, not of the pot but of the grow. This hobby is way too fun. Enjoy it.

It will take more than a few weeks for it to start flowering--plants generally take 6-8 weeks before they show preflowers. You will need more light though even to take it that far. With a single small wattage CFL, we can insure you that you will end up with a small spindly plant with very few bud sites.

Really Rosebud? Well that is a relief, I'm very glad that the plan is ok. :D Of course it will expand and undergo some changes (starting from making sure the lamps are on 24/7).

Well I must say that I've become quite addicted.. I spend every day on the internet looking up info about cannabis. I might have found a new hobby. :D

Thanks a lot, good luck with your plants as well. :D

The Hemp Goddess I will definately get some more lamps. I'll buy some kind of a two or four way splitter (I really don't know the proper term) and install more lamps, this time with much higher Watts. Cheers.

I was thinking about building a small grow box, or at least just covering the sides of the whole area with white painted wood to reflect the light, of course beforehand I'll sit down and do some research.

I also got a medium sized fan inside the room, so that will get the air circulating. I also found out that I can open the door in the boiler room to the garden, so fresh air and CO2 won't be a problem.

Thanks guys for showing me what I did wrong, I'll do my best to provide a good enviroment.

I'll put up some pictures tomorrow.

Peace guys.

Latest posts

Back