sick satori

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I was and am. I still measure ppms with organic nutes. If you are using a super soil or something like that, it is impossible to try and figure out. But with added nutes (whether they are synthenic or organic), I do believe that the ppms matter.

THG I would like to learn more about this, could you please expand on your thoughts some please.

"you also need to be adding some extra microbe additives"

Is that the molasses? Or something else? I'm thinking maybe a good EWC tea?

**I added 2 heaping tbl spoons of EWC and an extra tsp of molasses.**

Humboldt Myco-Madness

Guaranteed Analysis

Bacteria:
Bacillus licheniformis………………….……….…372 million cfu/lb
Bacillus azotoformans……………..…….………372 million cfu/lb
Bacillus megaterium.…………..…..……..….….372 million cfu/lb
Bacillus coagulans,…….…………………………372 million cfu/lb
Bacillus pumilis…………..…….………………….372 million cfu/lb
Bacillus thuringiensis…………..………………….372 million cfu/lb
Bacillus stearothermiphillis…….………………….372 million cfu/lb
Paenibacillus polymyxa….…………..…………….372 million cfu/lb
Paenibacillus durum…………………..…………….372 million cfu/lb
Paenibacillus florescence..………….………..….372 million cfu/lb
Paenibacillus gordonae…..………….…………….372 million cfu/lb
Azotobacter polymxa………………….………..….372 million cfu/lb
Azotobacter chroococcum……………………..….372 million cfu/lb
Sacchromyces cervisiae………………………..….372 million cfu/lb
Pseudomonas aureofaceans…………………..….372 million cfu/lb

Mycorrhiza:
Endomycorrhizal/cc
Glomus intraradices……………….……..…1,135 propagules per lb
Glomas mosseae……………………………1,135 propagules per lb
Glomas aggregatum………………………..1,135 propagules per lb
Glomus entunicatum……………..…………1,135 propagules per lb
Glomus clarum………………….………..….1,135 propagules per lb
Glomus deserticola….………………………1,135 propagules per lb
Gigaspora margarita………..………………1,135 propagules per lb
Gigaspora brasilianum………..….…………1,135 propagules per lb
Gigaspora monosporum………….…………1,135 propagules per lb

Trichoderma:
Trichoderma harzianum……….….150 million propagules per lb
Trichoderma konigii………..……….150 million propagules per lb

CONTAINS NON PLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS:
9.5% Humic acids (derived from Leonardite)
5% Alaskan humus, 5% worm castings
3% glucose

I've heard xatalyst be refrenced to as molasses "more or less", but it doesn't smell like molasses..

Derived From Oat Bran, Kelp and other organic ingredients. Listed by OMRI for organic production. Stimulates growth and production. CATALYST offers an array of natural occurring enzymes, hormones, vitamins, amino acids, nutrients, sugars, plant acids and surfactants (wetting aids) that will aid in stimulating plant growth and production. It can be applied by watering in as an additive, or used as a foliar feed. Improves growing mediums, encourages compact growth, increases yields, improves synthetic, organic fertilizers, and teas.

Just gave her the juice..

run off ppm was 725, nutes were at 550. For sure hungry
run off ph was 6.7 nutes were at 6.2

Last weeks run off ph was 6.3-6.5 on all 6 plants(I know run off ph doesn't matter in organic), probably should of checked the ppm's and I would of known to give this girl food instead of plain water.

I do think she is already perking up from the 1/4 dose 5 days ago. I knew she was hungry, but didn't think she was starving!

On the plus side.. she's a girl :D

**Ok so as per Hush's and Droopy's comments about the cal-n-mag, I will not use it anymore**

View attachment 20150430_213440.jpg

View attachment 20150430_213454.jpg

View attachment 20150430_213620.jpg

View attachment 20150430_213508.jpg

Do you have, or can you source gypsum? It is a most excellent source of Ca and sulfur. It does not affect pH though, so it is NOT a lime replacement. I use it in conjunction with lime and add at the same rate as lime, 1cup of each/cf. I also do a top dress with it during the grow for a shot of Ca and the sulfur in it really gets the terpenes going for taste. Sulfur has a huge effect on taste, for the good.

I just bought my third 40 lb bag yesterday. It lightens heavy soil and I use a good bit in the garden and yard. The native soil is red clay and pretty dense. If not for that, a 40lb bag would last for ages. Cost is $13 for the 40lb bag. Pretty cheap for so much good.

Just a thought for you to consider.

DD

Doesn't look like I can find it easily.. but will keep an eye out for some

It's a fairly common item, Lowes has it and I get mine from a local Feed & Seed. Usually has "Soil Repair" in large print and gypsum in smaller print.

BAS (Build-A-Soil) has smaller amounts IIRC along with free shipping. Great place for hard to find organic stuff.

What I used to do when running EJ was either alternate Catalyst with molasses, or use both at half strength each. Great stuff, but it can get expensive using it only.

That Myco Madness is interesting. Guess you only apply it once, yes? Myco's only require one application to the roots and in reality so do the soil microbes. The whole "Feed the soil" thing.

Look for the gypsum, the plants will thank you. Especiall using RO water.

DD

Nice website.. awesome stuff.. $46 shipping on a 8lb bag :(

I can pick up a 25KG bag for 35$ might have to get it ordered tho.. I think my plants need this asap

Website had this to say when you clicked on their gypsum for sale.
"Many Gardeners are using Dolomite lime thinking that it will add calcium and magnesium. Problem being that it is way to high in magnesium and also virtually unavailable to the plants for a number of years. The ONLY reason nurseries and farms use Dolomite Lime is to adjust the PH up typically when using Peat Moss."

Yeah, I've been in some *spirited* discussions about that. My observations from using dolomite for a number of years just don't bear that out. First he says the % of Mg is too high and will cause problems. Then, in the very next breath says the Mg isn't available at all for several years. :confused2: Which is it, too much, or none at all?

The only time I had a Mg deficiency in years was using calcitic lime with next to no Mg in it. Easy fix with some epsom salts, but it took me forever to figure it out. :holysheep::icon_smile:

Use it or no, but make your own observations on what it does or doesn't do. Then go with what works best for you.

I also avoid discussions on that subject now. :bolt:

DD

Lol thanks Droopy..

Its the first time I have seen anything like that.. i'm sure your observations are more correct than the people trying to sell the Gypsum, to use instead of DL. :rant:

Whats your guess on those brown dots on the leaves?

Hate to say it, but these two Narco plants are starting to have yellow tops as well, wish I knew what the heck it was..

Maybe some kelp meal tea would help

Maybe some kelp meal tea would help

If you want something really killer, go back to the BAS site and find "DIY Instant Kelp Meal Tea", or "Coot's Hydrated Kelp Meal Trick" Pretty sure it's in the blog section and I really suck at posting links.

There is really a ton of useful information on that site. They go way beyond just wanting to sell you stuff.

They aren't trying to sell gypsum over DL. It's more that the guy who authored the above (Clackamas Coot), while a real deal organic expert, has a almost pathological hatred for dolomite lime. IDK why and don't really care, but it clouds anything he has to say about it.

That little blurb you quoted sounds just like something he would say regarding DL Not inaccurate, but very biased. Guess who else was part of that 'spirited discussion' I mentioned before. LOL

But in any event, the kelp trick works like gangbusters. Check it out.

DD

So I re-hydrated 1/3rd cup kelp meal, going to toss it in the blender soon.

Droopy, how do you think I should incorporate the kelp meal into my nutrients? Should I use the recommended 1tblspoon / gallon all by itself, or along side the earth juice?

I will have to try a foliar spray of the kelp on the Satori

I don't do foliar sprays much any more, but the soil drench works like a champ. I was more than impressed with it, even over a regular kelp tea. I do the 1tbl/gallon of water and just water with it.

Try it without the EJ just to see how it works and then experiment. Should be fine with the EJ.

DD

What would you suggest to help add microbes? I currently have Humbodt Myco-madness, and Plant Success Premium Mycorrhizal innoculant

I always had great success with em-1. Add it to your water when you feed. It's effective micro organisms. It will greatly help your microbe herd.

Next, you might want to read the book i just started called Teaming with micorbes. By Jeff Lowenfels. He used to work for miracle grow, now he is organic guru..

I have some nasty stuff growing on my organic strawberry jam that i am keeping going...yuck, but nice for the soilweb.

Latest posts

Back