First timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian091180

Reaction score
so this is the run down i have a Gorilla Glue clone bought at the club in town it was about nine inches tall ten days later she looks great
just want input on my methods cause this is my first time growing

3 CFL 100 WATT 65OOK DAYLIGHT BULBS
1 THERMOMETER WITH HUMIDITY READOUT
1 FOX FARMS BIG GROW PLANT FOOD

NOW I HAVE IT IN A CLOSET IT STAYS AT 80 DEGREES 60/65 HUMIDITY
LIGHT SCHEDULE 18/6 WATER SCHEDULE AT THIS POINT UNSURE IF ITS OVER WATERED 2 CUPS EVERY OTHER DAY IVE ALWAYS WATERED AT 6A.M. WHEN LIGHTS COME ON IN THE MORNING OH AND I USED HIGH QUALITY SOIL ORGANIC BEST I COULD FIND IN TOWN .... AND NO FAN AT THIS POINT DOOR USES ONE OF THEM HOTEL DOOR BAR LOCKS SO DOOR STAYS CRACKED FOR AIR AND TEMP CONTROL LIGHT IS OUT FROM MIDNIGHT TO SIX A.M. SO WHEN ASLEEP PLANT IS IN FULL DARKNESS ....HOW AM I DOING NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS INPUT NEEDED AND WELCOME

I don't use cfl bulbs but the numbers look ok to me. when my plants are young tho I give them a good watering and it will take days before they need anything more ( like 5 or 6 ). just lift the pot and when its light give them a good watering again. you want runoff every watering so you can place it in the sink for now. they don't like to sit in water. you will be better served by getting a PH meter at some point also. what size pots are you using? indica or sativa? I've not heard of gorilla glue.

others will be by I am sure. welcome, good luck and have fun. LOTS of smart people here.

Hi Brian, welcome. You are doing somethings well and some others you need help with and that is why we are here. yay.

I would get a HOT5 light to veg with as soon as you can. You can keep the cfls if you want but if your goal is to get some dank bud you are going to have up your light source. T5s will get you more bud. What are you planning on flowering with as far as light?
Glad you are here, let us know how we can help. Only water when the plant needs it, not by a schedule. When you stick your finger in to the second knuckle and it is dry, or if the pot is very light in weight when you lift it, then water. Too much water will kill the plant just like not enough.

Howdy:ciao:

CFL's work good for clones when just rooting, not so much otherwise.

Run lights 24/7 when in veg.

Fox Farm Grow Big is not organic.

Welcome to the best growing forum on the net! :vap-leafy_wave:

High output T5 fluorescent lights will work much better as Rose stated.

I have used them, even for flowering.

Good Karma to you and your grow friend.

Latest posts

Back