autoflower vrs sog + light ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danfinance2008

Reaction score
light question first, i need a hps light, have a mh already
my question is , is a switchable ballast from mh to hps worth buying? does it do both jobs as good as a seperate unit

i want to grow autoflower plants, i love the 10 wks to bud, i do not want large quantity of bud, just 1-2 oz a month.

if i tried sog, how long from spouting to plucking and drying?
i understand it might mess with potency, but i am not intyerested in getting knocked on my ***, just a smile on my face

i have a sun master 600w sodium/halide ballast and it works great :)

I have 400 and 600 watt lumatec ballasts that are switchable and they do jsut an amazing job.

SOG wont mess with potancy, SOG is just the practice of harvesting lots of small plants, matured early to get the fastest production of buds available. Instead of growing a few plants for a longer period of time, in the same space many smaller plants are grown that mature faster and in less time. Thus, less time is required between crops. T One crop can be started while another is maturing, and a continuous harvest, can be maintained. So yea, none of that messes with potency.

If you were to SOG with Lowryders, you could be smoking in about 10 weeks. sprout to harvest 9 weeks, with a week dry time (however long you wanna cure it is up to you).

IMO the only advantage to SOG is you get to grow a known female. With autos your getting a mix of male/female, and if you ever find that ONE and only plant you cant clone it. You will have to breed autos unless you want to keep buying seed

Latest posts

Back