Clone only strain list.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor bongwater

Still Green!
Reaction score
This is a small list I found on clone only strains. I thought someone else might enjoy it as well.

• 35 Day
  • 84' University of Washington Hashplant
  • 85' Oregon 4-way
  • Accidental Haze
  • Aeric 77 Cali-O
  • Airborne G-13
  • Afgooey
  • Albert Walker
  • Aloha 98 WW
  • Arcata Trainwreck
  • Arcata Wreck
  • Backstage
  • Banana / Bonanno / Bwananna
  • BC Hash Plant
  • Berks
  • Big Blue Dump Truck
  • Big Sur Holyweed
  • Blackberry
  • Blowfish
  • BlueMountain Jamacian
  • Blue Dot (old)
  • Blue Dot (new)
  • Blue Velvet
  • Blueberry Sativa
  • BR - 13
  • Bubba Kush
  • Bubba Kush pre-2001
  • Bubba Kush mint
  • Bubble Gum
  • Bullrider
  • Cafe Girl
  • Cali-O Sativa
  • Catpiss
  • Champagne
  • Cheese
  • Chem. (same as dawg)
  • Chemo
  • Cherry Bomb
  • Cherry Slyder
  • Coral Reef
  • Corn
  • Chocolate Thai
  • Chocolate trip
  • Cotton Candy Kush
  • Cough #1
  • Cough #2
  • Crazy Train
  • Cuddlefish Hash Plant
  • Cush, (same as green crack)
  • Dabney Blue
  • Dank *** *****
  • Dawg (same as chem.)
  • DHK???s Black Domina
  • Diesel, Original
  • DOG
  • Dogshit
  • Dumpster
  • Durban Thai Highflier
  • Elvis
  • Emerald Triangle
  • G-13
  • Garlic
  • Ginger Ale
  • Genius
  • Gilgarj
  • GOD
  • Golden Goat
  • Golden haze
  • Grandaddy Purple
  • Grape Ape
  • Grapefruit
  • Gravity
  • Green Crack, (same as Cush)
  • Grimm White Widow
  • Hash Plant #1
  • Hawaiian Webbed Indica
  • Herijuana (aka Hero)
  • High Octane
  • Hogsbreath
  • HP13
  • Humbolt snow

• Jacki-O
  • Jack's cleaner
  • Jedi
  • Killer Queen
  • King's Kross (King Kush)
  • Kong
  • Kryptonite
  • Krystal Spike
  • Lemon Bomb
  • Lemon G
  • Lemonaid
  • M-39
  • Manic
  • Mango
  • Mass. Super Skunk
  • Matanuska Thunderfuck
  • Millies
  • Mother Ship
  • MSM???s Mr. Nice
  • Norcal Cript
  • OG Kush
  • Old Blue
  • Orange Bud
  • Orange Friesland
  • Oregon Funk
  • Oregon Purple Thai
  • Ortega
  • P91
  • Pacific G-13
  • Pez
  • Pineapple Thai
  • Pine Bud
  • Pink Kush
  • Princess
  • Pukeberry
  • Pure Kush
  • Purple Indica
  • Purple Kush
  • Purple Urkle/urple
  • Rene
  • Romulan (Pine Pheno)
  • Romulan (Grape Pheno)
  • Schrom
  • Sharon
  • Skunk #2
  • Socal Bubbleberry
  • Socal G-13
  • SoQuick's AK99
  • Sour Diesel
  • Sour Kush
  • Spirit of 76
  • Squirt
  • Stella Blue
  • Strawberry Cough
  • Strawberry Fields
  • Superfruit
  • Super Funk
  • Sweet Skunk
  • Tarantula
  • Tashenk
  • Terminator
  • Texada Timewarp (Twister)
  • The Purps aka Mendocino Purple
  • Trainwreck, E-32
  • Trainwreck, nor cali pine
  • Trinity
  • Ultraviolet
  • UW
  • Vision Thai
  • West Coast Nice
  • Wheel Chair
  • William’s Wonder

You can buy tons of those in seed form??????????????????

'Sup dude :ciao: I have to agree with stunzeed. Alot of those strains you can buy seeds, expensive mind you, but most are possible. Check around and revise your list :doh:. peace, e :bong2:

Also clone only plants are not nessesarily strains,they are in most cases specific phenos of strains and crosses that are selected for specific triats.

LLCoolBud said:
Also clone only plants are not nessesarily strains,they are in most cases specific phenos of strains and crosses that are selected for specific triats.
..there's a man with a "clue".. ;)

I was given a couple clones called PURPLE THAI, from oregon....I tried to get them to hermie so I could get seeds, but the seeds werent viable, wouldnt sprout at all...Someone at OG told me that Purple Thai was clone only...a buddy is still growing her...

Fake seeds? either you get a pot plant or you don't.
The Proof is in the pudding .
Was the end product a bang or a bust.
If you don't get stoned , you got burned.
I didn't realize that MJ would produce "Mules" if you inbred it to much.
Live and learn.

I agree that the list should be revised due to some of the seeds I have purchased are on your clone only list...

This list needs a big update. I have seeds of many of these clone only types from this list. Depends on the area you life and if you can get your hands on some of the clones and if they are handled correcting to get a few male pods to self the clone. Using the correct methods. Also some have paid high prices for the clones, such as myself to be able to make seeds. Which are also at a high price just because they are hard to get a hold of.

Peace and happy hunting.:hubba:

theres some on this list that just make my mouth drool, like the chem, or gpd, or purple urple and erkle, og, pure kush, sour diesel, grape ape, green crack, cheese, romulan ect. puple urpal is the only eighth ive spend over $65 on. She was a $85r.. pheeww$$$$$
for a fact i bought a seeded cheese eighth at the club, mabe pollinated with some other strain other than cheese, but cant all plants turn hermie and get a genetic seed that way, or no?

I have a cross of Matanuska Thunderfuck and Bubblegum going right now; I have heard that it was a clone only strain, though. Long and short of it is; if it gets me stoned...it's MTF X Bubblegum, ( I call it Bubblefuck) and I won't really think about it much more after that.

PHfixed 004.jpg

godtea said:
I didn't realize that MJ would produce "Mules" if you inbred it to much.
Live and learn.
"Inbreeding Depression" is what it's called. ;)
Marijuana Grower's Guide by Rosenthaul and Frank said:
Certain variants with unusual characteristics, such as three leaves to a node instead of the usual two leaves, can be inbred continuously until all progeny carry the trait. One problem with inbreeding is that other desirable characteristics may be lost as the new population becomes more homogeneous. Inbreeding plants indoors seems to lead in a loss in potency by the fourth generation. (Preceding generations were considered comparable to the original imported grass.)

After the list gets more populated I will sticky it with the MJ strains. ;) Good thread. :aok:

I saw this list on mjp. And I agree, some of the strains on the list are available in seed form. Strawberry cough is clone only, at least the real KKSC. The DP seed version is very different, and watered down. SOquicks AK99 was sent in seed form to a few people on OG if I remember correctly. (Not sure if he sold some on HS or not, been too long and too many bong hits...lol)
On the TW - I am on the fence on the TW seeds. I have grown the TW numerous times, always the original cut. The problem with S1's from GH is that genetically speaking, the offspring will be essentially F2's. So you will not get a true representation of the original clone. On the other hand, an outcross like jojo did is just that, and is a hybrid. So again, not a true representaion of the original, even after backcrossed numerous times. Rez's SD IBL and Big Buddha's Cheese are prime examples of this. (Although Rez has done a much better job than BB, simply due to the number of backcrosses). (And visually speaking, the BC Wreck by 3lbs looks more like the original cut than the pics I have seen of the GH version).
I also have been skeptical of the "breeding" techiniques being used, specifically selection of the plants used in the backcrosses. An example is TH Seeds "Da Purps" which is supposed to be Mendo Purps clone. Didnt even come close. MKUltra, supposed to be the LA masterkush, not even in the same species. I think it should be classified as feral hemp. The Strawberry cough by DP as mentioned above is another prime example. While the DP SC is good, it is not the clone. Lack of flavor and smell, different growth stucture, and completely different effect as far as type of high.

How about adding the Daywrecker/Headband/Underdawg to the list.
The mother of the East Coast Sour Diesel. It's Chemdawg x (Sensi NL x MassSuperSkunk).
Or the infamous Shoreline.
Or the mysterious Traingle.

Heck, even true RKS skunk is elite now, since no-one can find a cut or seeds anywhere....

Hi there useless, thanks for droppin' by and commenting. I got to give credit to the folks attempting to replicate these Elites through breeding. In one sense, it is a noble endeavor, creating a strain from seed, that duplicates a single, exceptional phenotype for future generations.
(which is what "I" feel, most all of the "elites" are)
In another sense, and I recognize some of those names, it is undoubtedly an attempt to "cash" in on the market hype.
I know a few folks working w/ several 'different' Bubba K' and OG K' cuts. Not for profit, but for the sake of preservation and further enhancement. I personally have had/grown 3 'different' Bubba cuts. IMHO, one[/] is exceptional, and woorthy of the "elite" status. The other two, are good, but notin the same class.
The misconception that some growers are under, "IMHO" is that "If I purchase Bubba Kush seeds, all of my plants WILL be that elite phenotype, that is so coveted by so many. When in fact, those seeds are only "more likely" to yeild that exceptional pheno. Environment, ability and a certain amount of "luck" is involved in discovering and isolating an exceptionally good plant, IMO.

Heya Hi-C, err Hick :D -
While I applaud anyone keeping genetics alive and circulating in the pool, it is kind of misleading to the buyer. As you said, a lot, if not most, will be expecting the original clone only phenotype.
I also agree that "elites" are, for the most part, exceptional phenotypes of particular crosses. Some examples are the Cherry AK 47 phenotype. Or the SSH catpiss pheno. Still available in seed, but finding that pheno is a rare occurance. On the other side of that coin are the freak bagseeds that turn out something special. The most famous of these being Chemdawg. Not available in seed form, and therefore "clone only".

As far as the Cali Kushes go, I couldnt agree with you more. You know I am a medical patient and vendor, and I have to say I have seen more "kushes" than I care to admit. It is truley disappointing see a name exploited strictly for the purpose of financial gain, at the expense of the buyer. I mean, *** is cotton candy kush? platinum kush? XXX Kush? It really is out of hand, and it inhibits keeping the genetics pool orderly and non polluted.
It my opinion that some of the different cuts are actually the same cut. They show different phenotypical expressions based on translocation.
Examples - I have the Katsu Bubba Kush cut, as well as pre 98 Bubba Kush. They both look almost identical, grow identical. The only difference is the Pre 98 tastes like coffee/cappucino with undertones of Kush. The Katsu, is Kush flavored with undertones of coffee/cappucino. in fact, at the time Katsu from OG got bubba kush (which would be what is now called pre 98 BK). He pssed the cut around and everyone named it Katsu BK to give credit for the cut. However, it is still just BK. Just has minor differences in terpenoids and terpenes, because of geographical adaptation. SFV OG Kush is similar to Original cut, only difference is again in the terpenoids. Variances in flavor differentiate the cuts names.
Does that make it correct? IMO no. One should not rename cuts based on variances due to translocation.

hick said:
"If I purchase Bubba Kush seeds, all of my plants WILL be that elite phenotype, that is so coveted by so many. When in fact, those seeds are only "more likely" to yeild that exceptional pheno. Environment, ability and a certain amount of "luck" is involved in discovering and isolating an exceptionally good plant, IMO.

I disagree that an S1 will produce a pheno of itself. Like I said, S1's are esentially an F2 generation, genetically speaking. A mother can not reproduce herself in seed form. It is genetically impossible. (I am not a botanist, so if I am incorrect here, please let me know). Varaition of offspring will be evident. Some offspring might be really close, but will exhibit subtle differences in potency,flavor, smell and effect. A perfect example is the OGers Kush from the defunct Kali Kush Seed Co. They used the SFV OGK cut, but the offspring are easily to spot when smoked. They are close to the momma, but not quite there. The best bet, as I eluded to in the previous post, is to take an S1 that is as close to the mother as possible, and backcross to the original mother as many times as possible. Still wont quite be the mother, but can be close. Rez's SD IBL is a perfect example, as I mentioned above. Close, but there are differences between it and the real ECSD clone.

I have the SFV OGK, ECSD, KKSC, Pre 98 Bubba, Katsu Bubba and Cherry AK (among otheres, but these are relevant to this topic). I have grown Kali Kush Seeds Oger's Kush, Rez's SD IBL, AK 47, SSH catpiss pheno. Smoked the DP S Cough, and it was not close to the clone.

So based on my experiences, I have to remain skeptical.

I should add, this is not to say you can't find a great pheno. In fact, genetically it is possible (however rare) to find a pheno that exceeds the mother in all areas. Simply because of recessive traits that can express in successive generations, and the variance in genetic make up (genetically F2).

Cheers.

I am in 100% agreement. I was speaking of Bubba Kush seeds only as an example, AND wasn't necessarily talking about S1's. But about "marketed" seeds, said to be stabilized. Any seed has the possible potential to produce the exceptional pheno.(eg "chemdawg") Having the ability to reproduce it in unison, from seed, is near impossible.
"CLOSE".. but no cigar ;)

Admittedly, I have resigned myself to almost exclusevly clone grows, for the last few years. But decided his spring to pop some of the many beans that I've accumulated over the years. Some of the most consiences and knowledgable folks that I know of, put forth tremendous effort in selection and breeding of them. I owe them the "oppurtunity" to find that "exceptional" pheno in them.

Latest posts

Back