My 2nd try at a grow. micro grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well those " balls " just popped up like 2 days ago i heard sometimes it takes awhile for the hairs to poke out i just hope thats all lol , i know its probably a male i just want to belive its a female still

give em 4 more days see if they shoot out some pistils, butt like wise said, they look like testes :(

heres a shot of my boys about 14-15 days into flower i think -- had a terrible digi cam back then, it was the best i could do

MALES-14daysflowering.jpg

If they are balls, Keep your eye on them because they can burst quickly and pollinate and ruin your whole crop!
Dro:cool2:

Possible Hermie. im seeing no sacks on lower half of plant. just waiting it out , the moment i find out for sure its a 100% male i think im just gonna pluck it and transplant my purple strain in a bigger pot and start over. well see.. i see the frustrations in growing 2 plants lol , there's a pretty damn good chance that the reason this thing might be hermie was because of my lack of exp but im not sure the sacks are soo small they could burst open in acouple days with some fat pistals. CROSSIN DA FINGAS MON!

OK so the plant is indeed male at the top , im starting to notice lots of balls up top but nothing on the lower half , if i top this thing in half and cut off all male part of this hermie will the lower female part live and grow female buds? i also got the purple in a big pot now and its loving it. pictures soon! ,

OK guys , well i chopped HIM/Her down smelt great and really skunky , it was probably the hardest thing ive done since saying good bye to my GF when she took a trip up to idaho. I have the plant broke in 3 pieces in a zip lock right now is there anything i can do with this chopped plant? i heard you can make stuff with the leaves and stems , anyways ive rearanged the lighting in my box and like i said earlier transplanted the purple Non-Bagseed strain into a bigger pot moved the other pot out of there disinfected the inside of the grow box and im just waiting now for this plant , soo all be updating you guys ,

Lets start over,
Lighting about 9,000 lumens of 2700k CFL's , Temp's about 70-90 degree's , soil for this new plant is alot differnt ive mixed alot of sand and dirt into the bottom of the pot as well as mixed granulated nutes in with the soil the plant seems to be loving it and there will be plenty of nutes in there for its growth , now i just have to determine how old this plant is.
Its been on 12/12 since sprout with the other big plant thats now dead. going for a dwarf again. Heres some pics.

Edit: purple kush sprout 2 weeks 5 days old.

89898989898989 001-1.jpg

89898989898989 003-1.jpg

89898989898989 004-1.jpg

89898989898989 005-1.jpg

its too bad you cant do several at once man to increase your female chances, i mean theres no way you could move to a smaller pot and stuff 4-5 plants in that space for a 12/12 from seed grow so you can see the sex as fast as u could and conserve space? Just a thought i was having, pretty sure youve had it already and got your reasons for stickin with 1

akirahz said:
its too bad you cant do several at once man to increase your female chances, i mean theres no way you could move to a smaller pot and stuff 4-5 plants in that space for a 12/12 from seed grow so you can see the sex as fast as u could and conserve space? Just a thought i was having, pretty sure youve had it already and got your reasons for stickin with 1

ya rite now im on a 0 dollar budget , ive spent nothing but electricity on this grow and maybe like 5 bucks for SOME of my CFL's everything else was free, smaller pots might work but when i plucked the "big" plant yesterday the roots def werent bound just pretty damn plentiful, im going to use coffee cans now there not as wide and i could probably fit 2 more in my grow box easy to make holes in etc and keep your soil warm. but when i went to go find my seed stash it was gone:doh: i must have vacumed them up on accident when i was cleaning the box out. soo living where i do i dont think ordering seeds is safe will just have to wait for another bagseed sack thats been pollinated. i did have 10 purple kush seeds but there gone =( atleast one is still growing tho i rly hope this ones a female cuz im getting frustrated heh...

also should i keep my circulated fan on when plant is in its dark period?

Ah sorry it turned out to be male Ganja Greg.

You can smoke the leafs,but after my little episode with them i certainly wouldnt recommend it.

Yes,leave the fan on 24/7 if you can.

Well guys as you all know my last plant was a male and i was gonna call it quits but ive just been watering and triming dead leafs off my other plant since then which was a baby in my last grow and today i had the courage to take a look to see if it was showing sex well i am almost 100% sure its a female the plant is alittle rough looking it got some stress and chem burn from its transplant into different soil. but its pulling through missing some of its bigger fan leafs but what can ya do... its starting to smell very good and i hope in another 2-3 weeks some buds will start poping up. all put some pics up tomorrow sorry cam dead.

GG

sounds great bro good luck and sorry about the male ,,

Ok guys heres the pics of how shes doing. when i transplanted her i mixed in quite a bit of granulated fert with some of my own preferences mixed in for drainage. the plant has been through alot of stress also when i transplanted her i had to rip off some of the roots because they were growing into the side of the foam cup they were in. so shes been burnt , trimmed and stressed. also if you havnt been keeping up with me i grow dwarf plants plants that have been tricked into showing sex very quickly using lighting techniques and lighting color fully mature they are only around 1-2 feet tops.. with large main cola's and less lateral growth.

OK about the plant its a bag seed from some purple strain we bought , Extremely high quality weed. worth about 100 dollars an 8th where i live.

Its been on 12/12 and somtimes 10/14 or even 14/10 since its sprouted but mostly 12/12 lighting , using roughly 10,000 lumens of 2700k CFL's

Temps mostly upper 80-100 anyways lets get to it heres some pics!

this plant was originally grown for fun and wasnt taken care of to much.
Course the one i do spend alot of time on turns out to be a male! lol:fid:

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

Heres acouple pics of what this particular strain im growing looks like fully mature. one from far away and one close up.

b5sku.jpg

ofc.jpg

Looking good GG. That's the down side when growing with seeds mang the damn males. Hope your next one is a female. Here's some of that good old FEMALE GREEN MOJO. ;)

Yo GG,that Big Book of Buds was done by Subcool wasnt it?,plants are lookin great man.

Hes got some seriously wicked stuff.

I know him off a forum i use,my god he realy shows his experience:D

Im growing Jack The Ripper(which you may find in that book) its a cross between Jacks Cleaner and Space Queen(both may be in book)

Sorry for this little rant:p

hey GG.

im currently doin 2 grows - if you wanna look @ my other grow journal it has all the details.

but ive got 6 on 12/12 & i am tryin to do this micro grow.
NEVER even heard of it until i came across your thread.

any advice?

biggreenthings said:
hey GG.

im currently doin 2 grows - if you wanna look @ my other grow journal it has all the details.

but ive got 6 on 12/12 & i am tryin to do this micro grow.
NEVER even heard of it until i came across your thread.

any advice?

Big: pretty much try to keep the lighting as natural as possible , stay 12/12 all the way through the grow from sprout to finish. and keep your lights really close to your plant so they dont stretch to tall for your micro grow area. its all just technique rly maintaining a natural 12/12 and making sure the light is almost touching your plant with about 2-3 inches of space between the bulb and plant. also keep your lumens pretty high durring its lighting period. and make sure its dark time is pitch black , not even a faint moon light.

Latest posts

Back