Shrooms in my pot....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

time4tokin20s

Reaction score
I am growing diesel ryders on a two week cycle and yesterday I noticed a little mushroom growing in one of my two week old containers.This morning I'm seeing several more pinheads in the same pot.So it got me thinking, has anyone ever tried to grow any magic shrooms along with their pot?I'm thinking of ordering a sringe of B+ just to try and see if they will colonize along the edge in a few pots.

K, man...

let's think about this... the reason shrooms grow on dirt it cuz the soil is irregularly moist all the time... this is bad... shrooms growing in yer soil is the closest thing to mold, IMO... think about it... you've got fungi growing by your plant. you are watering too much, it sounds like... oh ya... yer not suppose to talk about other drugs on this forum either :hitchair:

I've heard of mushrooms having a symbiotic relationship with plants, like trees.. but I've never seen anything discussed about marijuana.

This isn't the first time I've heard of people having mushrooms growing with their plants. Just pick the mushrooms, cover with some fresh soil, and stop watering as much, and they should stop appearing.

Vancouver guy is probably right, the soil has probably been constantly damp for a while now.

Thanks guys.I started using that new marical grow soil that holds more water and am only watering about once a week.Plants still doing great though.Seems to be getting enough air to roots.Might try to add some regular potting soil to it next batch.
Thinking of going ahead and try to grow some "fungas" around the edge of one pot though and try to keep it localy wet with a sprayer bottle.You never know.

This is also a sign too me that the natural soil microorginisms are not doing there job. Mushrooms are a fungi, but it is not the strongest fungi and should not be winning the battle. I would try making a worm casting tea in order to inoculate your soil with a new batch of micro orginisms.

It is not bad to have bacteria and fungi in your soil or growing medium, it is actually beneficial, but they must be the correct type of fungi.

King bud is right that certain types of fungi form symbiotic relationships with plants roots but it is not mushrooms it is endo and ecto mychorrizae. These can improve the surface area of the roots by up to 700%, they also fight disease and pathegens as well as storing nutes for later consumption by the roots. They also will help the roots survive a drought better because they store water and nutes and process it before they pass it too the roots, this breaks the ionic bonds and makes the nutes more readily availible to plants roots.

Bacteria and fungi are the most important aspect of organic growing, but will also work wonders in chemically feed mediums as well

endo and ecto mychorrizae
Is there anyway to tell if our soil has these? I use certain products that apparently encourage the growth of those, but as far as I can tell they're placebo more than anything.

Latest posts

Back