Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O.well one mile is better than none it's Sunday anyway:) ...be smoking on some Sunset Sherbet ..nice hybrid indica on the up side....:48:......

Thought I made a post an hour or so ago but apparently I lost it !-- Please send me some pure NL seed if U got some Rose !-- U sent me NL -x-Val. and I got her daughter by BBSL but No pure NL and she was good to me !-- I'm excited about the High CBDs !
I'm smoking something I just forget what it is !-- I think that is a good thing !

almond trees are in bloom and everybody has the bees out, so spring is knocking on the door. I noticed my plum tree is starting blossoms, orange tree also.
Managed to strip out the old grow box and setup the led and rewire the accessories. 2 fans and an 110v outlet hooked up. Injection port for CO2. First run, Oregon lemon male; females: sour dubb, sour punch, sour secret, mimosa, cherry pie x key lime pie, and chiesel.

almond trees are in bloom and everybody has the bees out, so spring is knocking on the door. I noticed my plum tree is starting blossoms, orange tree also.
Managed to strip out the old grow box and setup the led and rewire the accessories. 2 fans and an 110v outlet hooked up. Injection port for CO2. First run, Oregon lemon male; females: sour dubb, sour punch, sour secret, mimosa, cherry pie x key lime pie, and chiesel.

Is that your spydr led your running in there?
The problem with spring this early is it may revert back to freezing temps and kill everything that has blossomed...

Good morning folks. 65 outside and it poured all night but its done now. Hey Umbra, have you flowered anything under that spydr yet. I was wondering how they work out in the real world. If they penetrate well I'd love to hear about it. I'm burning brain cells trying to come up with the perfect (affordable) light for my grow room. I like your new lights but I'm worried about how important canopy management might be.

It was 60 when I got up and 42 now ! --Overcast !--
Nick--U shouldn't need to worry much about light penetration for a SCROG !-- More than one way to solve a problem !--- I'm going up know plant size some and might need to know more about light penetration !

I think one of the keys to good penetration would be many points of light over a wide area. The spydr seems to accomplish this very well with all those bars of lights. The lights I’m using now do the same thing and are completely customizable to fit whatever canopy size you might need. Each strip is 48watts max but you can use as many as you like and @ $20 each its pretty cost effective to add them on as needed. Of course you need a driver to drive watt you use but the Meanwell driver fit the bill just great. They are not spydrs by any stretch but I like’m. Umbra has a couple of them also that he is using for his clones I believe. They are easy to assemble into something that fits your space, are easy to raise and lower, can be used close to the canopy because the produce so little heat. They come in a variety of kelvin colors from 2700k to 5000k, mine are 3500k. They even have some red/blue strips if you feel the need. I prefer the full spectrum white ones myself. No affiliation... Solstrip.com

View attachment 0FDC79E1-3C35-4041-916E-3DC03B8EF8AB.jpeg

View attachment 1BBA34BC-7715-4666-B701-7830527FBCDA.jpeg

Is that your spydr led your running in there?
The problem with spring this early is it may revert back to freezing temps and kill everything that has blossomed...
No, not the spydrx, the solstrip I built. I built it with this in mind and it was based on the space in the small box. The spydrx is way too big for this space and application. I will get some pics up soon. Just connected the exhaust fan to an external carbon filter. I made the led fixed in height and will adjust the current on the driver for more light. Replaced a 400w HPS with a mag ballast for the solstrip with a max output of 240w. Much less heat and significantly more light in the 400nm - 700mn range.
I am flowering in the tent with the spydrx now. yesterday was 2 weeks and buds are showing early trichome development. I posted pix the other day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hippy in da house !-- No Cuz no funk in CJ !-- Mine has a nice hint of unidentified fruit with a hint of sweetness !--- She very pleasant and all around good girl !

Well, back to pouring rain by the buckets. No wonder Harley don't wanna go out

Fir the 1st time I'm gonna attempt to start seeds in Rockwool. Any suggestions?:vap-Bong_smoker:

Cool on the good girl. Mine was funky monkey. Lost them all in the Bug war. But with a 1000 beans in hand 50 plus variety's. I be back in no time. At least 500 beans in the last pic. 6 untested Gelato bagseed crosses.

Nick I never used them so I can't help !-- I use those bio foam cubes so I can remove it from the sprout and put the little one in a aero basket !-- After that and I find my girls I just put a cut in an aero cup and clone them !-

Dam now I gotta add sexual assault and domestic violence to the other political stuff I'm not supposed to mention !--- Don't know how something like that can be political ?-- but-- I'll play along !
We already way outside the bounds of normal human decency in that area anyway !--

Watching them slide down them bumpy Hills on them water skis like they do at the Olympics !-- Them poles stuck in the ground and them sticks U got to carry in your hands seems like a recipe for getting hurt to me ?-- Looks we too cold to be outside over there too !
Only move I could probably excel at for the Olympics would be that "Agony of Defeat " -- U know falling off one the ice hills trying to put them water skis on -on land ?--Then hit everything around on the way down that hill !

biathlon, cross country ski, no downhill, and shoot stuff at the same time, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back