Any one can suggest a led light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Send the money right and get a Fluence Spyder X, every light is built to order made in the USA, and they are amazing people to chat with, Everything else is childs play.

That's my opinion as well. Apparently, some of the big commercial growers in Cali think the same thing. They bought 100's of them. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired unless you are buying 50 or more though. And FedEx is the worst shipper in the world.

Hammy, do you turn them off every 7-8 hours as recommended? Do you know anyone that has tried the King COBs? I think I am going to throw another light into my 4 x 4 tent for the CBD grow I am doing now.

No, they go off every 12 and then back on. The first King I have has to be a year old by now and it still works flawlessly. The Mars is at least 2 years old and same thing. It still works great. The only reason I replaced it with another King is I like how small the King lights are. The Mars is probably twice the size.

Fluence is the big player right now. I replaced 2 1000w MH in my tent with 1 spydrx . There are commercial growers in Cali using them. Look them up on youtube, there is a head to head comparison with double ended HPS vs the spydrx+. Eye opener for sure.

Love those lights but up here in Canada, I get hosed. Couple hundred just to get it shipped here :-(
So, second best? Seems a lot of fuss about COB
Maybe this one in flower?
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01L1Q5100/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
that's a 200w led, doesn't seem like much

Last edited by a moderator:
No, they go off every 12 and then back on. The first King I have has to be a year old by now and it still works flawlessly. The Mars is at least 2 years old and same thing. It still works great. The only reason I replaced it with another King is I like how small the King lights are. The Mars is probably twice the size.

I have a Mars light, too that I leave on for longer periods and it has not seemed to affect it. Just curious. The Mars lights "actual watts" is about twice that of the King Plus...do you suppose that is why it is larger? For instance, my Mars 700W LED actual wattage is about 300 watts, while the 1500W Kind Plus is about 260W?

I was going to fire up one of my HID lights to supplement the LEDs I have for flowering, but am now considering buying either the 1200W or the 1500W King Plus LED. This is a medicinal grow of mostly CBD strains and I've got enough plants that I am not going to be able to let them get very big.

I don't know if you have talked to them or not, but shipping is free. Customs maybe another cost, shipping is included in the price. I bought directly from them. Every hydroponic shop in the area is calling them to start stocking their stuff. I bought their razr as well for clones and seedlings. I posted a pix of the razr side by side with a 4ft, 8 light T5 setup, lol. No comparison.
https://fluence.science/

I have a Mars light, too that I leave on for longer periods and it has not seemed to affect it. Just curious. The Mars lights "actual watts" is about twice that of the King Plus...do you suppose that is why it is larger? For instance, my Mars 700W LED actual wattage is about 300 watts, while the 1500W Kind Plus is about 260W?

I was going to fire up one of my HID lights to supplement the LEDs I have for flowering, but am now considering buying either the 1200W or the 1500W King Plus LED. This is a medicinal grow of mostly CBD strains and I've got enough plants that I am not going to be able to let them get very big.

The King 1500W actually clocked in at 297 watts. My Mars came in at 286 watts.

You guys are getting me all worked up about LED. LOL

These cheapo lights like the King 1500. How many would it take to replace the 1000 watt HPS I have in my flower room now? The room is 4x4.

These cheapo lights like the King 1500. How many would it take to replace the 1000 watt HPS I have in my flower room now? The room is 4x4.

I'm in the market myself. I want Fluence but to get one up to my igloo, 1300- CA
grow stores never heard of them either sheesh

Almost bought a King brand too, and then those COB things intrigued

2 would be perfect. You could theoretically get away with one but you could also get away with a 600W HPS as well. It just wouldn't be a stellar grow.
I am running a 1200 and a 1500 King in my 4x4x6.5 Flower tent now. Plenty of light. That being said, prices have come down so far that cost wise getting 2 1500 Kings makes more sense. I bought the 1200 first just to test out the Brand.

I am going to buy one of these tomorrow. Not sure which one yet.

I have a problem coming up with too many plants for my space and I can put one of these lights in my 3x5 drying tent and use it temporarily to alleviate some of my space problem. All I need to do is remove the drying racks and hang this light.

I had no idea they were so tiny 7" x 14". Sure dwarfs all the giant HID hoods. This should be a breeze to just hang in the tent. No venting or fans to connect or anything. Hang it. Plug it in. The tent itself is already pretty well vented since I use it for drying.

So, one of these will be in a 3x5 with as many #3 pots as I can fit. Probably 6.

This is going to work out great. It solves my immediate space problem and it also gives me a chance to play with LEDs a little before I jump in and start replacing my HID setup.

Now, I was all ready to pop the 1500 King for $159 or whatever and now HG said... COB. Buzz word. I don't know what it means but now I want that one. LMAO

I don't really care if it's $159 or $239. Same thing. What I like is it's tiny and easy to slip in and out of the tent. Or, so it appears.

So, is the COB worth the extra few bux?

How important is the 'dimable' feature? It's only a few bux more.

OK, I couldn't wait. LOL

I went with the COB 1800 that HG linked to except I got the one with the dimmer.

And, I started thinking about the hassle of removing the rack and stuff from my drying tent. So, I just bought another tent, instead. LMAO

Geeze, talk about GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome).

I just BARELY have room to squeeze this tent into my closet with the other 3 tents. LOL

Everything should be here by Friday. By Saturday, I should have some of those Continuum under the new light. ;)

It will be curious to see of the 3 what the differences are. I'll be flowering plants from this same crop under 1000w HPS, this new LED and my 8 bulb T5.

Awesome. Look forward forward to the comparison.

Sorry I couldn't wait for you're guys opinions on which light and the dimmer and all but if I wanted it by Friday, I had to place the order by 2:00 today.

Should be fun.

And, the new tent will be nice for experimenting. I barely have enough room in my 4x4 room to grow enough pot to keep me smoking. I pull about 5 pounds a year out of that room and I smoke every drop. LOL So, if I want to take some time off to learn about scrogging or hydro, and things screw up, I'm back to buying brickweed from my cleaning girl.

This way, I can keep my main supply going while trying new stuff in the tent. Might go hydro or organic in the tent. No need to cram for space. One or 2 plants. Maybe 3. Lots of room to play. LOL I'm excited.

Kind of scared though. I already got 2 warning letters from the power company telling me I'm using twice as much electricity as all my neighbors. Now it's going to go up. LOL Darn smart meters.

I usually run about 7,000 kwh a month. For a residence that is high, but for a farm that is nothing. I'm in a farming community so it doesn't raise any suspicion.

I used 2000 Kwh last month. Now, I'm adding another light and a couple fans. LOL

I don't know if you have talked to them or not, but shipping is free. Customs maybe another cost, shipping is included in the price. I bought directly from them. Every hydroponic shop in the area is calling them to start stocking their stuff. I bought their razr as well for clones and seedlings. I posted a pix of the razr side by side with a 4ft, 8 light T5 setup, lol. No comparison.
https://fluence.science/

I hope i have the email, I'll write back and ask about that.

What can you do with old leds? That thing would render my two leds relics of the stoned age, they're about 7-8 years old now on at least half the time.

If I had 250k for lights I'd just buy 100w cobs and build the sun. Would take time but I'm positive, for the price, you could blow away any prebuilt light.

there's something about multiple smaller lamps that I like,
4 - 6 of these sound like plenty for my flower room
save me some interwebbing, what do you like?
are they building them in Kanada?

Latest posts

Back