why am i feeling freezing cold when i smoke?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
i'm smoking at long intervals like days apart just a night time joint so it's having much more effect :) question is, why am i freezing every time i smoke? the simple search i made gave answers like "weed doesn't lower body temp..." anyone experienced this? i'm shivering, and when i cover myself and get warm i feel good. is it maybe lower blood pressure? it happens every time i smoke.

Interesting...has the opposite effect on my wife. You may be onto something with the lower blood pressure/heartrate. My doctor can't understand why my heartrate is never over 70 and usually closer to 50.

when i first smoke my BP goes up a little then after about 30 minutes it goes down.

niteshft said:
Do you smoke ciggerettes?
yes, does it have any relation with lower body temp?

You BP goes up when you smoke cannabis and also means that you Temp could go up as well. If the air around you is colder than your body temp then you will feel cold on your skin.

What you smoking? Some strains give you a good body high like my MI5 used to make me much more sensitive.

Is your furnace/heater working ok :eek: :confused2: :chillpill: :dancing:

I got nothing.......check your blood sugar.

When you get this cold sensation do you ever dream you are walking down the street naked?

:peace:

I think it would probably be just the heightened senses.

Don't smoke weed outside in the snow...you won't get cold. :rofl:

lol some funny comments... well before i smoke i feel ok then when i smoke i feel cold and shivery in the same room i was in before i smoked. i'm sure this is the weed effect on me. i'm speculating, maybe it's because i've been working out and my metabolism is high so i feel warm until i smoke my metabolism decreases and i feel cold. i'm smoking william's wonder. strange thing nobody seems to experience that not even the people i smoke with. as they say weed affects everyone differently

Weed affects the brain..., weird stuff happens with hallucinagenic drugs, which weed is... You might b trippin that cold!

powerplanter said:
I think it would probably be just the heightened senses.
yes , your just high .... its no big deal at all.

you were proly used to smokin a lot more, now your just higher then "normal"
It happens to me when i get "relaxed" and calmed down. Its not nessacarily the weed but just the fact that your "comfortable". (high)
I have anxiety real bad and when i take meds for it , i get "comfortable" and start feeling cold too ..... its all normal ... were just high.

soil :D

zem said:
yes, does it have any relation with lower body temp?

Niccotine in tobacco makes your blood vessles constrict, (become narrow), and lowers the blood flow to the skin, causing it to cool down. MJ might do it too but I don't know. It could be that the lung expansion while smoking MJ could be forcing residual niccotine in the lining of the lungs into your system.
I smoke tobacco and notice it myself, now that I think of it. Interesting!

EDIT: I always new about the tobacco relationship and would notice it while hunting from a tree stand. I would always start to shiver about 15 minutes after I smoked. I learned to prepare for it by transferring my weight from one foot to the other by leaning. It would up my heart rate a little and help to move the blood around.

Hey HIE, you don't have a "rep" button on your post.

Rep and number counts mean nothing Nightshft.

If the forum did away with them, I think it would be a good thing.

No collectors and no ego's.

Maybe something to think about eh.

We are all together as a union of helpers/help needed/advice given/advice taken.

Who needs a pat on the back?

I as others are here to give not take.

:peace:

I wanted to give and that's how I noticed. It's fun to have when you have much of nothing else to offer my friend. You give so, much.
I read about your issues in another thread and hope you are back to your former self soon. I missed ya!

niteshft said:
Hey HIE, you don't have a "rep" button on your post.
HIE got banned thats why theres no rep button for him. It looks like HS got banned also.

Latest posts

Back