Blue Dream & Girl Scouts Cookies - NFT - Outdoor (hydro) LOG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effdecaf

\home\Usertitle\growmore
Reaction score
Hello! Figured I should make a LOG with this grow because I haven't seen much of any info on using this setup with medi-pot. This is a tower garden and is basically a 'NFT-in-a-box' setup just need clones water and nutes.

Running Aqua Flora A&B, PK 13/14, Goldrange Silica, touch of Kangaroots, and a dash of quartz crystal powder (more silica). pH has been stable around 5.5-5.8 and they drink about 3-6 gallons a day (depending on heat and etc).

Heres a few pics of the last coupla weeks. Today they are like 2'+ after their third week in this setup. Cuttings came from an already flowering BD & GSC outdoors (pics in next post of mothers).

IMG_20130830_142155_202.jpg

IMG_20130907_083828_548.jpg

IMG_20130913_123251_717.jpg

great plants there fdcaf!

you're doing well w/ your gals :aok: MOJO for ya's.

p.s. I'm ordering blue dream next so I can't wait to hear how it smokes for ya.

Heres a shot of the rootzone and the tip of the tallest clump :D

IMG_20130913_122729_366.jpg

IMG_20130913_123408_586.jpg

Some of the mothers a few weeks after we took teh clippings. They are a week or three out unless it gets rainy.

IMG_20130913_123518_816.jpg

IMG_20130913_123449_827.jpg

Heres a closeup ish of the cup that holds the crown in place.

IMG_20130913_130624_301.jpg

IMG_20130913_130101_987.jpg

Thanks luv, did you spot the tomater? heheh

Time for more coffee!!!!!!! eEEEEE!

7greeneyes said:
great plants there fdcaf!

you're doing well your gals :aok:

I been looking at those Towers...And your making them look even better...Thanks for shareing with us

:48:

Thanks 4u!
The nutes cost more than the initial investment, and at 47$/mo, this is such a great option for those that wanna break into hydro but are dismayed by the setup/planning process. Should be noted that the clones were under a 600watt hps for 10 days before being introduced to flowering OD settings. Also dumping a **** LOAD of silica/quartz into the res didn't make the pH drift over 6.0 at any point, I'm suspecting the aqua flora buffers are reeeel gud :D They are stretching like a mofo, but were about to make a cage for em and scrog? Dunno if it will be like a traditional screen or implementation but might be. Still figuring out what scrog really is lmao.

3-6 gals of water a day? dude ur going to suffocate the roots, allow them to dry out between waterings. and in a 15 gal pot I don't add more than 2 gal of water......

Ruffy said:
3-6 gals of water a day? dude ur going to suffocate the roots, allow them to dry out between waterings. and in a 15 gal pot I don't add more than 2 gal of water......

THis is a NFT technique, and the 'dry out' period for ebb and flow doesnt really apply. It can be changed to 'ebb and flow' by just adjusting the timer, but 100% on is having amazing success. If you look at the roots they are super healthy. I've done a DWC before and had amazing rootballs so I'm more concerned about clogging the NFT column in a few weeks. The roots and shoots dont show any signs of stress.

Define suffocate? There are so many water drops I'm pretty sure the solution is hella aerated.

hey fdcaf.:ciao:

any particular pheno i have to keep my eyes out for on the Blue Dream?

sorry didn't read that correct . thanks to god bud, I figured soil lol

Lol check the pics hon, txt doesnt do it justiiiiccee

Ruffy said:
sorry didn't read that correct . thanks to god bud, I figured soil lol

This is only my third grow and first time with BD. We cloned em off a plant that was in our friends infirmary so I'm not really sure about the other phenos. Googlin nao :D

All I know is, the pheno thats goin right now, is gonna be dank :hubba:

7greeneyes said:
hey fdcaf.:ciao:

any particular pheno i have to keep my eyes out for on the Blue Dream?

effdecaf said:
This is only my third grow and first time with BD. We cloned em off a plant that was in our friends infirmary so I'm not really sure about the other phenos. Googlin nao :D

All I know is, the pheno thats goin right now, is gonna be dank :hubba:

thanks fdecaf :)

7greeneyes said:
thanks fdecaf :)

I'll try to take some close ups of the leaves and stuff, but I read a few reviews and it's def one of the three phenotypes I read about. Just characteristic of the skinny leaves and the crystal:hubba: production.

This is uhm... Week four:giggle:? I forget because we're selectively trimming some near finished GSC off the mother. It's starting to get botrytis cinerea (gray mold).

:icon_smile:

weekfour.jpg

weekfour_training.jpg

bluedreamother.jpg

motherweekfour.jpg

Nutes are Add-Back from day 1 w/ NO pH creeping using Aqua Flora A&B, PK 13/14 full strength. Pulled all training strings. Lots of Gold Range Silica & quartz crystal powder. Drinking 28-32 GALLONS H2o/week. Probably 5-10gals are evap... 24"-32" solid on all 19 plants. Week four in the sun after 10 days under 600 watts. Added a DIY trellis, $30 to make it (pvc, wire, cement, etc) w/ option to make it any size for other applications. Started selectively trimming small branches/buds to force colas production. Took 20 clones so far this week... Found a mantis...

IMG_20130918_191618.jpg

Heres some close ups of the mothers in case the phenotypes can be determined or whatnot.

1- bd
2,3 - gsc

WEEKFOUR_mother_bd_maincola.jpg

weekfour_gsc_second_cola.jpg

weekfour_gsc_second.jpg

32 days from day of cutting, in the tower garden.

Not the canopy/main colas...

1 - blue dream
2 - gsc

weekfour_bd.jpg

weekfour_tower_gsc.jpg

Latest posts

Back