To Flush or Not to Flush: A Poll

• Thread starter The Hemp Goddess
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To flush or not to flush, that is the question

• Flush for 1-2 weeks

• Do not flush

• Do not flush but top up if needed with plain pH'd water

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
T

The Hemp Goddess

The question of flushing came up in another thread and since I could not find a good older thread, I thought we could discuss this again for the many newer growers we have.

I dont flush, I am in soil and I give straight water the last 2-3 waterings wich is usually the last 12-16 days. i cant tell a difference and neither can anyone that smokes my weed. jmo.

Well now I have harvested six plants in my begginer career and on 5 of them I fed all the way up to chop. The last I topped the rez of with reg water the last 2 weeks. I can honestly tell no difference in the bud flavor.

No flush, here :cool2: O' naturale 4 me :hubba: Feed them up to the point they lose their lives :shocked:...so to speak...

:peace:,

7greeneyes:)

Although I do go with straight water for the last week, it's hardly a "flush" and the real important thing is to feed properly throughout the grow. I'm in soil though, hydro might be different?

What's the 'top up with pHed water' thing?

I'm in soil and don't flush, but can't comment on hydro.

Wet

Wetdog said:
What's the 'top up with pHed water' thing?

I'm in soil and don't flush, but can't comment on hydro.

Wet

In hydro it means toping your Reservoir off in between changes with just ph 'd h2o. I change my Res out weekly and thru out the week i add just ph'd h2o back to Res to keep it to safe lvls. Gotta keep enough water in tub so you dont burn your pumps up.

As for flushing, I flush with just ph'd H2o for the last week. I chop a few early and a few late, for the different highs, so some only get a few days of flush while the others get a full week.

I do the top up with PH'd water. Basically when I know that I am getting within 5-7 days I cut off the nutes and just give ph 6.0 water till the cut. :)

I'm in soil and I don't flush. I will forgo feeding and only water if I find them drying out too much in the last few days though.

My last few waterings in dirt are with molasses and water only.

I am hydro and I flush on Wednesday of the last week before the Sunday chop. I also turn the lights off on Friday night and they come back on Sunday a few hours before the chop. I figure that the flush cannot hurt since it is only for the last few days and I have read that the lights out will produce a little more resin, plus I have also read that you should harvest just after lights on when THC production is at its highest. IMO if you are using plain water for the last week or two, then you are flushing, however I do use a flushing agent.

No Flush here in soil.........I used to go to straight water the last 7-10 days but now I hve been feeding right to the chop. Want to see if there is any difference. jmo

depends what you're calling a flush.
i don't flush in the 'add a bunch more water than usual' definition.. but i don't add anymore nutes at the end. water only the last 10 days-ish

imho, flushing is neccesary only if you feed high parts.

I actyually "Flush" twicw during flowering.
When I say "Flush", I mean flush.
I will run stright R/O water thru the medium until my runnoff is very low (3-500ppm). This is as a preventitive of nuit lockout, which WILL occur if you are feeding high ppm thoughout the plants life. High ppm is 15-1800ppm.

The last 2 weeks, I also feed nothing buy water. In my experience, I see a greater swelling of the caylx then I do without.

More importently, it saves me $ on nuits the last couple weeks, as nuits are simply not needed.

my 2 cents.

Strait water last 2 weeks. But I call this flushing. Guess I was wrong.

Yeah I guess an actual flush wld be watering with enough water to "flush" the salts out....what I used to do is cut the feed and feed straight water.

there is flushing and there is with holding nutes, IMO theres a big difference.

onloo.gif I better flush after that one

Well, that cleared it all up wonderfully -- lmao

I only flush when there is a nute prob and something is wrong -- that might change, but for now -- no flush....

Latest posts

Back