D.i.y Step By Step Rdwc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fruity86

Reaction score
Ok guys heres a diy for a RDWC system that fits in a 4x4 tent, this is not a full build its a rebuild some parts are still in section so i will try my best to explain ;)
on with the show

TOOLS
DRILL
1 1/4" HOLESAW
6MM DRILL BIT
STANLEY KNIFE OR SCISSORS
TAPE MEASURE
HAIR DRYER
SAND PAPER

PARTS
5 20L BUCKETS
6 E&F FITTING 3/4"
5 3/4" TEE'S
4 3/4" ELBOWS
6 METER'S OF 3/4" PIPE
4 1/2" TO 1/4" REDUCER TEE'S
3 1/2" ELBOWS
1 1/2" END CAP
6 METER'S OF 1/2" PIPE
4 1/4" ELBOWS
6 METERS OF 1/4"
4 AIR STONES
1 WATER PUMP ( 3/4" INLET 1/2" OUTLET )
1 4 OUTLET AIR PUMP ( IL BE USEING 4 DUEL OUTLET PUMPS )
CABLE TIE'S

DSCF3598.JPG LET START FIRST USE THE 1 1/4" HOLES SAW AND CUT 2 HOLES ONE AS CLOSE TO THE BOTTOM AS POSIBLE AND THE OTHER A COUPLE INCH ABOVE, USE THE SAND PAPER TO GET RID OF ANY ROUGH EDGE'S

DSCF3600.JPG NEXT FIT 2 OF THE 3/4" E&F FITTING AND A PIECE OF 3/4" PIPE TO BOTH FITTING, USE THE HAIR DRYER TO WARM THE PIPE UP IT WILL GO ON EASIER, PUT THE CONTOLLER BUCKET TO 1 SIDE WE WILL COME BACK TO IT LATER

DSCF3601.JPG NOW ON TO THE PLANT BUCKETS USE THE 1 1/4" HOLESAW AND CUT A HOLE AS LOW TO THE BOTTOM AS POSIBLE DO THIS TO ALL 4 BUCKETS, NOW FIT THE REMAINING 4 E&F FITTING AND A SMALL PIECE OF 3/4" PIPE TO ALL BUCKETS DSCF3603.JPG

DSCF3604.JPG ADD A 3/4" TEE TO ALL 4 BUCKETS

DSCF3605.JPG NOW JOIN 2 BUCKETS TOGETHER WITH 3/4" PIPE

DSCF3606.JPG CUT 2 SMALL PEICE'S OF 3/4" PIPE 1 FOR THIS SIDE ANS 1 FOR THE OTHER ADD A 3/4" ELBOW LIKE IN PIC

DSCF3607.JPG NOW RUN 3/4" PIPE TO THE OTHER SIDE

DSCF3608.JPG And STICK A 3/4" ELBOW ON IT
DSCF3609.JPG SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS

DSCF3610.JPG Now Use The Second Piece You Just Cut And Fit It To The Elbow

DSCF3611.JPG Add A Third Bucket Add A Piece Of 3/4" Pipe Heading To The Forth Bucket

DSCF3612.JPG Should Look Like This

DSCF3613.JPG Now Connect The Forth Bucket

DSCF3614.JPG Use Another Peice Of 3/4" Pipe And A 3/4" Elbow, Do Not Cut 2 Bits The Other Side Is Different

DSCF3615.JPGnow Run 3/4" Pipe To The Other Side
DSCF3616.JPG Pic Wrong Way

DSCF3617.JPG Stick A 3/4" Elbow On The Pipe You Just Did And Get The Last 3/4" Tee And Join The Elbow To The First Bucket You Will Also Need 2 Bits Of 3/4" Pipe Both Side's Of The Tee, This Tee Will Connect The Return Line To The Contoller Bucket

DSCF3618.JPG Return Line Done
Next Feedline

rdwc feed line 001.jpg Next Connect The Contoller To The Return Line

rdwc feed line 002.jpg Now Connect The Pump To The Feed Line

rdwc feed line 003.jpg Use 1/2" Pipe And A 1/2" Elbow To Make A Backwards (l) Shape Like The Pic

rdwc feed line 004.jpg Connect To The Outlet On The Pump

rdwc feed line 005.jpg Add A Section Of 1/2" Pipe

rdwc feed line 006.jpg Now Add A 1/2" To 1/4" Reducer Tee, The 1/4" Will Go To The Top Of Each Bucket, We Will Come Back To That Later

rdwc feed line 007.jpg Now Another Piece Of 1/2" Pipe And Reducer Tee

rdwc feed line 009.jpg And Another Piece

rdwc feed line 010.jpg This Is 1 Bit Thats Still In A Section Its 2 1/2" Elbows And 1/2" Pipe Join This To The Last Bit

rdwc feed line 011.jpg This Is The Left Side Not Right

rdwc feed line 012.jpg Finish Corner right side not left

rdwc feed line 013.jpg Here's Is Another Section It Is The Same As Other Side Apart From It Has An End Cap

rdwc feed line 014.jpg End Cap, Connect the uncaped end to The Last Elbow

rdwc feed line 015.jpg Should Look Like This But With Buckets They Where Tuck Off For The Pics

rdwc feed line 016.jpg Now Drill A Hole At Top Of The Buckets With The 6mm Drill Bit And Put In A 1/4" Elbow Add A Section Of 1/4" Pipe Long Enough To Reach The Reducers On The Feed Line Do This To All 4 Buckets

rdwc feed line 017.jpg Connect Like Pic

rdwc feed line 018.jpg Now Drill A 6mm Hole In Top Of Bucket This Is For The Air Line

rdwc feed line 019.jpg Add Air Stone's

rdwc feed line 020.jpg Complete System

Peace Fruity

This is going to be my project this spring/summer I can't wait. Thanks fruity.

My question is where did you find all of your parts?

im just about to go fishing so when i come back il put links up for the shops i got it from all the links will be from the UK.
most grow shop have the part you may need to order from a couple and ebay
thanks guys

Questions
1. Why not just add air stones to the rev?
2. Also what was your final cost for the set up?
3. Is the controller "that is connected to the lines" the pump or did you have to buy a pump for inside the rev?
4. Where did you get most of your parts?

Real78 said:
Questions
1. Why not just add air stones to the rev?
2. Also what was your final cost for the set up?
3. Is the controller "that is connected to the lines" the pump or did you have to buy a pump for inside the rev?
4. Where did you get most of your parts?

Real this system is basically 4 DWC join'd together buy a return line, it mean's i dont have to empty each bucket one by one that's why there's a air stone in each bucket
you can have you pump in the contoller or outside like i have my pump, there is only 1 pump needed all this pump does is keep the nute's mixed by pumping it around the system once it is pump'd into the bucket's gravity then pushes it back through the return line to the contoller where it all start's again
the final cost was around £100
everything was from grow shop's on the net or ebay
grotec.co.uk = most fitting's and pump's
greensea hydroponics.co.uk = bucket's
ebay for the rest im sure you could make it cheaper if you can travel to the shop's and not pay p+p
peace fruity

Thanks I like your set up and was looking into something like that later this year.

Real78 you can see it running in my Pure AK GJ in my sig

A part list and video would be awesome... I have a 5x5 gorilla grow tent, 6 black buckets,5 black rubber made bins...If I knew what parts to get, I ready to start A grow asap!!!

Parts list is in the first post. Looks pretty straight forward without a video. Good thread though , glad you revived it.

could be done with about 1/4 the pipe but yes, good thread.
[run a main down the center and "T" 4 branches off]

but, that all fits neatly in his tent so :aok:

:48:

Latest posts

Back