Hermie Tracker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question... Wouldn't you be getting free seeds of good genetics if you happen to come across a hermie?? Yes of course it won't be nearly as good to smoke because of the seeds, but aren't they just that?? SEEDS?!??!

When the plant is using energy to make seeds it uses less energy making THC, So with a hermie you get less smokeable meds and seeds that are worthless.

Dr.KNOWITALL said:
I have a question... Wouldn't you be getting free seeds of good genetics if you happen to come across a hermie?? Yes of course it won't be nearly as good to smoke because of the seeds, but aren't they just that?? SEEDS?!??!

Seeds that will procreat more hermies doc...;)

Thank you again Hick...Will it be sure they will procreate more hermies?? No chances of a wonderful female...?? I am interested in this because i plan to grow a seed i found in an eighth i got of some medicinal stuff i purchased. I guess since i found a seed in it, it is a 'hermie'? Taking the information just learned, I should not grow this seed...? Isn't it like a bagseed?? I have seen some 'descent' enough grows from a bagseed..that is why i wanted to try it myself and don't let the seed go to waste..

Note: Last year I grew one of these seeds and it turned out a full blown male... Since it was my first time actually growing...I let it just grow out without any trimming...It turned out a beautiful Christmas tree shape and about 3 feet tall. No visible deficiencies and no insect problems...Should i have saved some of the pollen from this male? I am unaware of the particular strain but it was top shelf stuff.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=681653&posted=1#post681653
SensiStarFan said:
....ok. A few hours of reflection and bongloads of Sensi Star later I am ready to take the good with the bad. The nanners showing up are probably the results of me, not the beans. I had to screw with their light schedule for two days in a row because of repairmen doing work in my home starting 3 days before the nanners showed and I think this is the result. (Basically I had the lights off for 3-6 hours in the middle of the plant's "daytime" while people were here). I spent a good amount of time checking over the 4 other monster girls in my flowering area and none of them are showing any signs of nanners. The other plants are; an LA Ultra, 2 Sensi Stars, and one other NYC Diesel that is a different pheno.
This was my first time growing the NYC Diesel AND also trying to grow a 10 week strain so I am sure my nute feedings were not what the plant needed exactly. I saw a little burn as well as some slight yellowing leaves here and there so the nute mix for this one is not yet right at all. In other words I stressed her.....but I honestly didn't think it was enough to start throwing nanners at me

At this point I am planning on chopping it down tomorrow. I have three clones from this plant and I plan on growing them out again. This strain was looking and smelling great so I am not ready to give up on her yet. If they hermie again without me making any mistakes then I will be sure it is the genetics and not me.

So it is time to spin this story like a seasoned politician........
Ok first of all......anyone want brownies? I think I might just take the few buds with nanners (less than 25% of the plant so far) and make a batch of cannabutter. Second, this just frees up more space in my flower area for me to focus the lights down on the remaining plants for the last two weeks of flower and give them even more light/attention. Third, even if this plant is not a genetic hermie and I grow it out again and it is fine I will have at least learned that it does have a very low stress-to-hermie threshold. Fourth, I was beginning to see cloudy trichs so even though it is supposed to be a 10 week strain it is a couple days into week 8 and might still smoke well.

-SSF-

Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Thank you again Hick...Will it be sure they will procreate more hermies?? No chances of a wonderful female...?? I am interested in this because i plan to grow a seed i found in an eighth i got of some medicinal stuff i purchased. I guess since i found a seed in it, it is a 'hermie'? Taking the information just learned, I should not grow this seed...? Isn't it like a bagseed?? I have seen some 'descent' enough grows from a bagseed..that is why i wanted to try it myself and don't let the seed go to waste..

Note: Last year I grew one of these seeds and it turned out a full blown male... Since it was my first time actually growing...I let it just grow out without any trimming...It turned out a beautiful Christmas tree shape and about 3 feet tall. No visible deficiencies and no insect problems...Should i have saved some of the pollen from this male? I am unaware of the particular strain but it was top shelf stuff.

It could possibly result in a female or a male. But the tendency, the likelyhood of it being prone to hermie are "much" greater, and with little or less reason other than simple genetics. The hermie characteristic is a dominate trait in mj/hemp, and the "breeders" that have made it possible for us to have and be able to obtain the 'ultra-potent' strains we have today. Worked diligently, long and hard to keep the trait recessive and/or eliminate it, because they knew it is a trait undesirable/detrimental in drug quality cannabis.

Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Thank you again Hick...Will it be sure they will procreate more hermies?? No chances of a wonderful female...?? I am interested in this because i plan to grow a seed i found in an eighth i got of some medicinal stuff i purchased. I guess since i found a seed in it, it is a 'hermie'?

Not necessarily a hermie, could have been an accidental pollination as well, but odds are hermie! As Hick said, the odds are great the seeds will produce hermies as well. IF it was an accidental germ, you have no idea what the strain is....

Hi all,
Hick I was not sure if I should put this here to begin with because I am still not sure if the nanners showing are a result of the genetics or my mistakes.

So this is Soma Seeds "NYC Diesel" (non-feminized). The beans were ordered through a seedbank (can't remember which one) but were delivered in Soma's breeder packs.
About one week before I saw nanners the plant started showing me signs of incorrect nute mixes. I was seeing a little burn and some yellowing starting on the fan leaves. Three days before I saw nanners I had to turn the HPS lights off in the flowering area for a few hours in the middle of the plant's "daytime" to deal with repairmen in my home over a two day period. In my flowering area I have one other NYC Diesel plant that is a different pheno, as well as an LA Ultra and 2 Sensi Stars. None of them are showing any signs of nanners anywhere.
Here are the nanners:
4-9-11 010.JPG 4-9-11 011.JPG

Here is an overhead shot of the plant:
4-8-11_021.JPG

Almost forgot. The NYC Diesel is supposed to be a 10 week+ strain and the nanners showed up on Days 56-58 so 8 weeks into flower. I pulled the plant today, day #59. She is hanging to dry.

-SSF-

Definitely pollen sacks, it should still smoke good though as you`ve harvested before the pollen could release...Hopefully....
It seems a very weak strain to hermie from only a couple of light interuptions, if that is the case. I`d have thought a slight re-veg would`ve been your only concern, but hey **it happens.
Couldn`t you have left even an incandescent light on within the grow space whilst the workers were on-site?
On the bag seed Doc; They shouldn`t be used IMHO, as they`ve either been pollinated by hermaphrodism or a late maturing male yanked from the grow room once finally discovered.
Two cents an all:)

SensiStarFan said:
Hi all,
Hick I was not sure if I should put this here to begin with because I am still not sure if the nanners showing are a result of the genetics or my mistakes.

So this is Soma Seeds "NYC Diesel" (non-feminized). The beans were ordered through a seedbank (can't remember which one) but were delivered in Soma's breeder packs.
About one week before I saw nanners the plant started showing me signs of incorrect nute mixes. I was seeing a little burn and some yellowing starting on the fan leaves. Three days before I saw nanners I had to turn the HPS lights off in the flowering area for a few hours in the middle of the plant's "daytime" to deal with repairmen in my home over a two day period. In my flowering area I have one other NYC Diesel plant that is a different pheno, as well as an LA Ultra and 2 Sensi Stars. None of them are showing any signs of nanners anywhere.
Here are the nanners:
View attachment 165533 View attachment 165534

Here is an overhead shot of the plant:
View attachment 165535

Almost forgot. The NYC Diesel is supposed to be a 10 week+ strain and the nanners showed up on Days 56-58 so 8 weeks into flower. I pulled the plant today, day #59. She is hanging to dry.

-SSF-

Most certainly staminate flowers!.. :mad: good call ssf!

"Soma" ehh??.. he is one of those that 'claims' late hermies are both natural and beneficial. That using those staminate flowers are "okay" for breeding. Was in fact, the "first" I ever heard "say" it, and one of the first to tout the process for producing femminised seeds. He even gave it a name :p 'Somanization' I think he calls it. "I" call it and have called it 'selectively breeding FOR that characteristic..(hermies) ;)

Wish I'd have known this a few months ago when ordering, I'd not have ordered the Somango....one seed won't break me, but hate to contribute!! To top it off, I recall this seed being a big $$ one...

Ordered a pack of Agent orange and Jilly Bean seeds, (Breeder:Subcool) Attitude Seed Co. the supplier. I popped 3 AA's and 3 JB's out of the 6 I initially only had 1 male, an Agent orange. I must say these plants smelled amazing but 1 Agent Orange had seed in the bud at the end of harvest (not too many at least and fully formed) and 2 Jilly bean plants had some seeds in them too (I had 1 candy store smelling pheno that didn't have any seeds on the Jilly). I ran constant temps of about 75-81 degrees during daytime and low 70's in the night. No major light interruptions and grown DWC with floranova nutes, Inside a grow tent.

Considering popping the rest of these beans but don't plan on keeping the strains around or growing with any other strains, not enough potency for my damn high tolerance, but good hermie weed.

NBColl said:
1. Blue Hash from Dinafem Seeds via The Attitude Seedbank.

I just popped my freebie from there about a month ago, gonna keep a close eye, the other ones popped were freebies too as I usually don't grow towards the near of summer, so it's more of just seeing what these breeders/strains have to offer.

Hick said:
Most certainly staminate flowers!.. :mad: good call ssf!

"Soma" ehh??.. he is one of those that 'claims' late hermies are both natural and beneficial. That using those staminate flowers are "okay" for breeding. Was in fact, the "first" I ever heard "say" it, and one of the first to tout the process for producing femminised seeds. He even gave it a name :p 'Somanization' I think he calls it. "I" call it and have called it 'selectively breeding FOR that characteristic..(hermies) ;)

I read that before...i agree its crap. but there is evidence that some sativas will toss them at the very end if flower (passed harvest window right before death) is left too long without pollination. Don't know if thats true...I never let a sativa go too long...hell most times I'm a week too eager LOL, Never heard of it with indicas or hybrids tho unless it was truly a hermie.

Mutt said:
I read that before...i agree its crap. but there is evidence that some sativas will toss them at the very end if flower (passed harvest window right before death) is left too long without pollination..

I don't doubt that some do, but THAT does not, "IMO" make them (the stamen) a good selection for breeding.

any feminized seed is genetically more prone to go hermie with less stress

1. Strain name, breeder, and seed/clone supplier
Northern Lights, I believe it was Nirvana supplied by hXXp://www.marijuana-seeds.nl These were regular seeds, NOT feminised

2. Brief description of grow environment, and link to grow journal if applicable. Please include growing medium/nutrients and light schedule as well as temps.

Environment for the first 2 weeks was "good", temps low 80's lights on, 65 lights off, humidity 40%, 2x600WHPS in cool tubes in a 6' x 6' space. Growing system is a recirculating DWC with 5 other plants in 5gal buckets and a 15gal res. Nutrients AN Sensi with Bood Blood for 1st week, big bud for week 3.

3. Any known stresses that may have occurred.
(light leaks, fert/PH issues, temps)
Only issue I can think of is that 1 week ago, I rearranged my flowering room so this plant, along with all my others was without air for around 4 hours. No light leaks, fert or ph issues.

4. Veg time and when in flower the trait appeared.
Plant was a clone and had an uneventful veg of 6 weeks under 4x 36W flouro's. The nanners appeared at 3 weeks in flower! I believe the mother also hermied but have not found any proof other than some seeds. The mother is kept elsewhere and I did not grow it.

5. Also supply 2 pictures. 1 of the nanners and one of the whole plant to show overall health.
[/ATTACH]
P1040321.JPG

Attachments

• P1040319.JPG
    P1040319.JPG
    311.9 KB · Views: 652
  • P1040320.JPG
    P1040320.JPG
    301.3 KB · Views: 595
Nirvana AK-48 (so-called 'auto') 14-hour daylight, greenhouse, coco.
Grew 5.
4 males; all hermie (produced male flowers then started with pistils)
1 female: self-pollinating hermie, never produced any useful bud.

100% useless strain.

1. Strain name, breeder, and seed/clone supplier
IceCool and BlackJack from SweetSeeds. The plants were mother plants donated to me by a friend. Do not know if clone or seed.

2. Brief description of grow environment, and link to grow journal if applicable. Please include growing medium/nutrients and light schedule as well as temps.
This is the thing that turned them hermies i think. They were in a small pot, having lot's of nute defs, under a Agrolite CFL 105w. I have changed them to a 11 liter pot, under a 400 HPS and ferted them. They were vegging and went flowering when arrived my tent.
In the same day, they got transplanted, changed the light and got feed. They grow in BioNovaSoil, with DeltaNueve from CannaBioGen. I also use TML ( fulvic acids ) and NoburN both from BioNova. The temps were never higher then 30ºC and never lower then 22ºC.

3. Any known stresses that may have occurred.
(light leaks, fert/PH issues, temps)

I gave them 2.5 EC twice :hubba:. But i think that was not the issue.

4. Veg time and when in flower the trait appeared.
They were mother plants. I think that they took 4 weeks to show.

5. Also supply 2 pictures. 1 of the nanners and one of the whole plant to show overall health.
Have some pics in my GJ, but not from nanners ... Here is the link ... http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55532&page=10

My though is that or the transportation or the stress they got when arrived @ my place caused this. I think that because my other 6 plants didn't hermied on me.

I forgot to turn the light on twice. I do not open the tent in dark period. Have tried to explain this in your post of my GJ.

The situation is that only those strains of SweetSeeds hermied on me. Not the Mandalas, so if a problem in the grow they all should be hermie. Right ?

Latest posts

Back