Like the name says....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm I see. So I will not use the general hydroponics nuts then.

There are 3 holes for drainage.

I was measuring just for fun.

I was looking at AN sensie grow a and b but they dudes at the shop were saying that they changed the formula and it doesn't have cal or mag so I would need to buy that.

So he reccomend that I get the Gen hydro stuff.
Any reccomendations

So I did some browsing on Amazon and loaded up a cart full of some stuff, but did not want to purchase until I had spoken with the thread hehe.

I have used AN before, so thats what I decided to stick with.

First I have
1. Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Sensi Grow Coco Part A+B Soil Amendments
This would be the base for my veg state. I figured it would tell me the amount to use and the frequency on the bottle.

2. Advanced Nutrients B-52 Fertilizer Booster
The guy was trying to sell me on it when I was at the hydro store the other day. Read up it seems to have some good B vitamins for the plants.

3. Advanced Nutrients Carboload Liquid Fertilizer
Another item the guy was talking about at the store. Seems like it doesnt hurt to use.

4. Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra Plant Nutrient
So the guy at the hyrdo store said that I would have to get this if I got the sensei grow a and b. I want to ask about this to you all.

5. Advanced Nutrients Big Bud Coco Plant Nutrient
Helps with flowering to make larger buds

6. Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Sensi Bloom Coco Part A+B Soil Amendments
Base for flowering

7. Advanced Nutrients Flawless Finish Flushing Solution
To flush it all at the end.

So please let me know what you think of these as a start to some nutrients. Add more, switch em out? I also am ordering a ppm meter as well so I can measure.

Thank you again for the input everyone.

I have never been impressed with Big Bud or Carbo Load and save my money now. They are additives that never seemed to do anything to give me bigger or sweeter buds. I also tried the pH Perfect Sensi A + B in my hydro grow and my plants did not like it at all. I think that maybe there were too many buffers, trying to get it to be "pH perfect". We did have someone here who did a great grow with the pH Perfect Connoisseur line, though. The Coco line could be different and you could have different results. I have settled on the Recipe for Success line from AN and pH it myself--lot better grow. I find that no matter what I am using, I do generally have to supplement the Cal Mag during flowering. I never flush my plants, so do not use any flush anything. And you are a long way off from needing that, if you decide you need it.

Remember above all the guys in the grow stores are salespeople and as such, there job is to sell you stuff. Do not buy stuff you do not need just cuz...

I have never been impressed with Big Bud or Carbo Load and save my money now. They are additives that never seemed to do anything to give me bigger or sweeter buds. I also tried the pH Perfect Sensi A + B in my hydro grow and my plants did not like it at all. I think that maybe there were too many buffers, trying to get it to be "pH perfect". We did have someone here who did a great grow with the pH Perfect Connoisseur line, though. The Coco line could be different and you could have different results. I have settled on the Recipe for Success line from AN and pH it myself--lot better grow. I find that no matter what I am using, I do generally have to supplement the Cal Mag during flowering. I never flush my plants, so do not use any flush anything. And you are a long way off from needing that, if you decide you need it.

Remember above all the guys in the grow stores are salespeople and as such, there job is to sell you stuff. Do not buy stuff you do not need just cuz...the money is better spent on thinks like more light.

THG - Thank you for that.

I did feel a little pressured when I was in the store. They are salespeople.

I have used their ph perfect sensei grow before and it worked, so I will try it this time again.

Since my tent is small, 2'x2' I cant get much of a hood in there. I mean, I did fit mine in it but then there was no room for the ducting or anything. SO I will be using my 2 T5 HO fixtures. I have a third one that is HO as well, but I am not sure I can fit that one into the tent.

Is it best to just buy new flowering bulbs for the fixtures, or is it better to buy a hps fixture that fits, or HID or LED fixture?

I want to get a larger tent but unfortunately I do not have space for that at the moment.

So I am working with what I got. I did order the just the grow and bloom with the b52 for now.

Thank you again for the information.

Alrighty, a little update for whomever is reading -

I have given the plants AN sensei grow a and b for coco, and AN b52 for the past 3 feeds.

The first time was just the A and B, but the last two were with the b52 boost as well. I should be receiving my AN CalMag on Wednesday. Because the plants are in Coco, they will need additional Cal and Mag.

Hopefully my picture works. The plants are not drooping any more it seems, and things are much greener.

View attachment resize1.jpg

View attachment 20160303_193530.jpg

View attachment 20160303_193518.jpg

Oh yeah, and so I did not ppm the first feed, i just gave it the 4 ml per gallon like it said.

On the 2nd and third I did.

2nd: Water from the station came out at a ppm of 007. After i added the A and B, it was at a ppm of 649. Then, when I added the 2 mL per gallon of B52, it was ppm of 10300 which was the max. I thought that it seemed a little high. So I added more water, until I got a ppm reading of 990. I took multiple measures to ensure accuracy, like 5 times.

I am not sure if this was too much, but so far I think it has been okay. I think that it was a little high at first because we have a 2 gallon watering jug and it was so filled that we had to pour a little out, then added the B52. so I think we put the amount for 2 gallon when we had less.

The 3rd feeding the water came out at 6ppm. Then after A and B, it was at 649 again, which was cool. Then after the B52 we got it to 706.

If I am way off on my ppm......please let me know.... This is new to me. I am trying to measure as accurately as I can, and I am giving them water when they are feeling dry and light (the buckets).

Thank you again everyone!

They look happy and healthy. I am happy with the AN notes. The PPMs are good.but you will want to increase it a little at a time as they get bigger. You are doing an outstanding job.

Thank you thg, I figured the numbers would be higher later on, but I'm not sure where they should be at what stages.

So today I go out and look at the plants and the 2 that are closest to the back light are drooping. It may be a little too much water possibly. But yeah, gotta get my watering skills up.

So a little update:

I set up a 8 bulb 2' t5HO in the tent on top, and then the smaller 4 bulb 2' one on the side. But I wanted to see if this is as efficient as the other way I had it set up.

The plants are not as close to the lights as they could be. The light cant lower because of the side light. A couple of ideas I had were to either remove the side light so I can lower the main one to about a couple cm from the tips of the plants, or I can raise the plants by putting stuff underneath them.

Let me know what you think, as well that I will be making a journal thread too I think to see if I can get more ideas and stuff from peeps over there.

Thank you again everyone.

View attachment 20160308_091237.jpg

View attachment 20160308_091412.jpg

Well doesn't that look nice. Very cool side lighting.. THanks for the up date, the girls look great.

What up ya'll ? Trying get out the O.F.C. and see what's up elsewhere !---Belated Welcome to MP G2B !---You're in good hands with THG and Rose !---
Hey THG I saw on another thread that U don't like aerocloner because the pump heats the water up and the micros sprayers plug up !--- I solved those problems and run aero from cut to harvest !--- The pumps I use have a filter so no plugged sprayers and I use 10 gallons of nute water so no heat problem !---
G2B ---I use Botanicare nutes Pro-Grow or Bloom --- I use RO water so I have to add Cal/Mag and a water conditioner !-- I'll leave ya'll one ---These 2 Hippie chicks won't steer U wrong !

Keep, I will talk more with you about an aero cloned after I get moved. We are really busy getting my sis packed up. Closing is set for Tuesday!!!!!

Hey Keef - thank you for the welcomes. These 2 have been awesome for me. So much information they have given me.

Thank you everyone

Latest posts

Back