Day 17 of flowering, leaves hanging!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kebnekajse

I also play the bass.
Reaction score
Little bit of info on setup etc:

70w hps, 6000 lumen

space is 1x1,5 feet

temperature day: 82F

temperature night: 68F (actually a bit unsure, but it should be something like that)

strain: pure power plant (nirvana seeds)

plant is just over 1 foot tall

Ok, problem is that the top leaves have started hanging. At first i thought it was due to overwatering, but when i touched them, they felt dry. Low RH is another guess, so i have put in a blanket with one corner dipped in a bowl of water, hoping this will work.

This is my first grow with a female in bloom, so i relly want it to live long enough to produce some decent smoke.

Oh, if you notice the burned tips on te leaves, no reason to panic. That was an old problem, now taken care of.

Thanks for caring
/kebnekajse

edit: someone pointed out that it could be ammonium poisoning. Except the leaves are noy very dark...

DSC00118.JPG

DSC00119.JPG

82 degrees may be too hot for the lil one, and I don't think the added humidity will help but am not sure. I'd try to decrease the on-off temp difference to 10 degrees as well. Wishing you much luck with thay PPP. I got Nirvana's SnowWhite and LOOOOVE it. Take care.

thanks for helping out!

I will raise the lamp then (actually taking away the books from under the pot. I knew the da vinci code would be good for something...) That's the only way for me to cool my baby down.

Come to think of it, problem started when i got a reflector (a.k.a. cookie jar and tin foil) wich hevily narrows the light emitted. It ain't the walls that are supposed to bloom, right? Of course the plants get hotter with more light concentrat ed on them!

Next time i will buy one of those growing tent kits. I'm not much of a handyman.

I've got a fan, blowing up quite a breeze. But no ventilation. This grow is mostly an accident, i have to do with what i got.

/kebnekajse

that's yer problem right there, I betchya... you need an intake of fresh air, and an outtake of the heated/used air... my plants display the same thing as yours when I don't have a fresh supply of air on them. (my males in the front window look just like that cuz I have no fan on them getting them fresh air)

there might also be a ph or nute problem happeing, but I can't really tell from the pics... I'm not that great on sight diagnosing with a pic....

are you giving bloom ferts?...and if so, how much and what kind? NPK? ppm?

Problem might not be that hard to fix. I can take away the black plastic covering the front of the cupboard. it's in a small closet, which i can get light-proof. Since the plastic was black, i will not loose more light than I allready do.

I have given them nutrition once, half dose. It's an allround NPK 7+1+6. I have since the watered once. I don't know my pH. I'm gettig a meter tomorrow.

Thank you very much for helping out

/kebnekajse

kebnekajse said:
thanks for helping out!

I will raise the lamp then (actually taking away the books from under the pot. I knew the da vinci code would be good for something...) That's the only way for me to cool my baby down.

Come to think of it, problem started when i got a reflector (a.k.a. cookie jar and tin foil) wich hevily narrows the light emitted. It ain't the walls that are supposed to bloom, right? Of course the plants get hotter with more light concentrat ed on them!

Next time i will buy one of those growing tent kits. I'm not much of a handyman.

Foil is a poor reflector of light and can create hot spots...

Many before you have said that foil is bad. So I will take it away. It's really ugly anyway.

Thanks for helping

/ kebnekajse

there's another problem right there... those are wrong values of NPK for flowering...

more like a 2-5/20-45/13-17 range is more desired... just lower in the N, highest in the P, med in the K

these values are also optimized depending on strain, so pretty much all plants vary a bit....

Ok, I will stop using this nute and buy another.

My baby will wake up any minute now, so hopefully she will be allright in a couple of hours.

You are all being really helpfull!

/kebnekajse

With plastic gone day temp is 75,2, night temp 66,2. That should do, right?

I got a pH test kit. Seems like it's a bit high, 7-7,5 ( that's the water I water them with). Lemon juice is fine to lower with? I will do this over a period of time, like a week to get to 6,5. Or a bit lower?

Or should I water the plant and measure the pH coming out of the pot first? My soil is from a friends grandparents countryhouse. So it might not be perfectly balanced. But then again I flushed it pretty good a couple of weeks ago after getting nuteburn ( due to the bad nutrition I gave them I guess), and after that they looked much better for a while (yeah, the rookie mistake, nutes during veg, didn't tell you cause I was a bit embarrassed).

Sounds like you have very hard water. I would use only distilled water for the duration of this grow if you want happy tasty buds.

No, the water is actually medium to soft, 6.0dH on the german scale, according to the watercompany. They also said pH is higher than what I measured, 8,2. But I guess it can change going through old pipes on it's way to my home.

Thank you for the input!

/kebnekajse

kebnekajse said:
No, the water is actually medium to soft, 6.0dH on the german scale, according to the watercompany. They also said pH is higher than what I measured, 8,2. But I guess it can change going through old pipes on it's way to my home.

Thank you for the input!

/kebnekajse

My tap water ph is about 8.2 as well, and the ppm is about 92. i just use distilled water until i get an RO unit, then i wont have to pay 99 cents a gallon:eek:

Two people telling me the same thing = follow advice. I will get some distilled water. The cost will be manageble, i give the plant about 2L a week. Should find it in gasstations or photoshops.

Distilled water = neutral pH and soft, right?

Reallu appriciating help

/kebnekajse

For some reason my distilled water im using starts with a ph of 5.9, i just add nutes to drop it a little bit more then adjust the ph to 6.3 with ph up. hope that helps, it should be 7.0, but its not. yeah, that would be soft.

Just got some deionised water, basically the same thing as distilled, right? When I checked pH it was 5,5-5,0 which is very low compared to 7,0. Perhaps my readings are a bit off since I get the measure lower than what it should be? What common household thing can i use to get the pH up?

Oh yeah, leaves are starting to look better since I got temp down, hopefully I will see real results tomorrow after work.

Hoping, hoping, hoping...

/kebnekajse

edit: perhaps take like 1-2 dl of deionised water, put a lot of eggshells in it to make a strong base and then use that to finetune my watering water? Eggshells is recomended in a sticky thread.

Latest posts

Back