Back after Hiatus.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliot Jansen

Reaction score
Hey all. I am back after my first gigantic failure, 6 weeks later, and a little smarter than the last time I posted. A clone that survived my previous mishandlings is in flower now for about a week. She is doing wonderful as far as bud production, pistils get bigger everyday, and she has grown 6 inches since being in flower. The only thing that is wrong with her is she is it appears that she is stealing nutes from her older fan leaves. they start by just slightly yellowing until they completely curl up like a brown taco and die. Kinda like what clones do when they are trying to root. The grow shop lady said I should flush with clearex, and maybe that salts have created a lock out.. But I always check with you guys first before doing anything. I started her on very weak nutes, perhaps too weak, for the first initial waterings, and bumped my ph up to 6.5, which may have been too high. I made a new batch of stronger nutes, with a slightly lower ph, 6.1 which I started watering her with yesterday. Any suggestions?.. Pics are available if needed for better diagnosis.

Hello Elliot :)

Pics are needed, you know how important it is to see her, you could type a million words, but its the plant that gives more info than you could ever type ;)

How are you groing her?
Hydro?
Soil?

We need to know your complete set up from age to lights and all the in between bits :)

are you growing is soil?what type nutes are you using?whats your lighting situation,ventilation,etc?pics would also be a big help.the fans normally drop when in heavy flower.they should not be dropping at 1 week of flower though.try to get some pics up.

Thanks Andy.
I figured out what happened though... I raised my ph in the 6X6 by flushing with straight water in transition to flower. But I didn't ph the water because I didn't think it would be important to ph because no nutes were being used. But I decided to ph some water squeezed out of my cube, and it was 7.0 or possibly higher. So I just made a new batch of bloom nutes and lowered the ph to around 5.8 - 6.0 and just watered periodically until the ph was down and she became a happy plant again.

Latest posts

Back