sick plants...bb...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

IRISH

got a little problem over in my GJ. anyone care to help me dignose it?
i'm at 3 weeks veg in soil. 5 ultimate ind. , and 3 ww. they have had ph'ed water @ 6.5 for first 2 weeks. i fed with blackstrap molasses twice. ( 1 tbsp. to 1 gallon.) i gave them half the gallon 1 feed, and other half 3 days later. i took out my cfls' , and put up the 400w hps 2 days ago. this is when my problem began. my soil was completely dried up, so when i put the 400 up, i watered with ph 6.5 @ 2 cups per plant. when i checked them in the morning they looked kinda wilted up, and over watered???
come on over to my GJ in the link below ( Banjobuzzs winter grow), and see if any one can please give me some advice. thanks...bb...

The plants still look pretty good. What makes you think it's a zinc deficiency? And why did you you spray them with Epsom salt? I'd only spray them with Epsom salt if they needed magnesium or sulfur.

For some reason the plants didn't seem to like the HPS that you put in. I don't really know what happened there, but before you put the HPS back up again, water your plants. Maybe by watering a few hours or so in advance you'll avoid a recurrence of the problem.

i was,nt sure if it was a mg , or a zinc def really. i had to try something, and was'nt sure really what to do. i figured if it was a mg def., it would'nt hurt to try. these strains are super nute sensitive to begin with. using the blackstrap made me think zinc def, only i did'nt use much. i thought maybe the little i did use, being sensitive as they are, may have been a bit to much to start out with. this is all speculation though. there is no reason i can put my finger on as to why they reacted this way. think it could have been the slight change in temp? ( 5 degrees )? :confused: .
a few now are presenting different problems. i'll get some pics' up here.
pic 1 (blurry), shows lower ww leaf wrinkled.
pic 2 necrotic leaf (this is new), notice tip? it is dry to the touch.
pic 3 opposite same ww plant as in 1
pic 4 top view.

this is happening to all 8 plants @ the bottom first set of leaves. brown spots. dry. a few turning black as in pics. only bottom sets of leaves.
any ideas? suggestions?

Def. looks like a nute lockout, are you using tap water maybe?

the only feed i've given is 1 tbsp molasses. nothing else. 1/2 gallon to 8 plants twice.

like i said bro,i would flush and let em dry and see in the morning.run some water thru em and ph the last gal you hit em with.jmo

do those leaves lay on the soil when you water?

hello slowmo. no, they dont. i think i located the problem. GD told me that the root ball may be to cold, because they were sitting on the floor of my cab. i built a wood pallet to get them off the floor, and drilled some holes in it so the heat would heat from the bottm also. this looks as if it was the problem. thier now coming back around. come on over to my GJ and check them out. i just posted some pics as to what i did...bb...
thanks all for the advice , and help...bb...

you better stay up all night tonight.they are gonna die while you are sleeping,hehehe just kidding bro

I was thinking nute burn the second I saw "WW". Glad to see you figured it out. Good luck buddy I always like watching your grows.

thanks andy, and BL. i've been eye ballin'em pretty good. i have'nt nuted these @ all , yet. i've grew ww, and i know how to treat them on nutes, and that is very light and easy handed. thanks for checking on 'em bros...bb...

Latest posts

Back