what is flush ? what does it do ? when and why should i flush ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asparagas

Reaction score
can i flush soil ?
how can i flush soil ?

and why should i flush to soil ?

what does flushing do ?

i am very newbie.

i did a seacrh and i learned these.but i am not sure if these are correct:

1)when should i flush,and why?
do i have to flush one time in every 2-3 weeks ?
2)to flush,i am need to purely water that 2 X normal watering amount without any nutrienrs,is it true ?
3)or should i water three times of the pot size .if i use 15 litre pot,should i give the plants 45 litre water ? which is true ?
3)after flushing,do i have to give nutrients ?or should i wait to give nutrients 1 weeks or 10 days after flushing ?
4)for example, if i never flushed,what would my plants happen ?

Hello Asparagas :)

Flushing is done when people have a salt buil up in soil, this salt build up stops the plant from being able to absorb nutrients and causes the plant to exhibit nutrient deficiences.

This is often caused by over feeding your plants, or the PH is wrong.

Yes, 3 times the pot size of water is used to flush.

:peace:

Yes and flushing can be done 3 weeks before you plant is done budding, this helps get all the icky tasting stuff out of the buds and makes them taste better. 3 times the size of your pot.

You should flush if there is a problem with your nutrients or soil and you should flush before you cut the buds off your plants.

add nutrients if its just a salt buildup flush, dont add nutes if its your last flush

If you do flush I think its 3/1 ratio 1 gallon pot use 3 gallons water to make sure you flushed everything... also watch out for root rot make sure your soil is completely drained and airated

Flushing is only done when need be and shouldnt be a routine thing in soil.

thanks you guys
but i if give 45 litre water for 15 litre pot,wouldnt it mean '' overwatering '' ?
and after flushing,i should not give any nuts,should i ?

It doesnt matter what size pot your using, 3 times its size needed to flush it.

Thats going to take 7 - 10 days to dry out, maybe longer, then when you next need to water it, feed it :)

lets look if i understand flush:

1)i had better flush before 3 weeks from harvest
2)i have to flush anytime when i overfertilize plant,and leaves goes to yellow because of overfertilizing
thats all.

thank you my friends

yes, and you dont want to give nutes for a while after you flush especially if its your last flush before harvest, you want to add 3 times so yeah 45 litres, but you want to add like 15 at a time, then let it soak for 30 minutes, add the other 15 litres, then add the last 15 litres. after you flush before harvest you will sometimes see your leaves turning yellow, red, purple ( autumn like colours ) this is normal, it means your bud's going to taste better. Ph test the water ofcourse.

is flushing 2 weeks into flower going to do serious damage to my plant?sorry to take your thread...figured id ask while im here.

no it wont hurt your plant just make sure your pot drains well, but why are you flushing so early? salt buildup? , normally you flush 2 weeks before your done flowering.

yes buildup is correct.but when i flush i just run 4 quarts of water through the soil and let it recover?no change of soil or anything else?one more time haha....i run water thru the soil i have now and after that i just let it sit in the soil i just flushed?

i put some somewhat sterilized beach sand in there and when i fed it got mixed in the soil,and ever since ive been havin nute lock out.

Okay, make sure your pot has good drainage, then get 3x the container so if you're growing in a 1 gallon use 3 gallons of water, Ph test it, run 1/3rd of the water into the soil, let it soak for a bit, run another 3rd of your water, let it soak again and run the last bit of water , make sure to pour the water slowly so to not flood the plant, if the water doesn't come out fast enough you need more holes on the bottom of your pot to alow drainage, then let the plant's soil dry for like 7 or more days, sometimes less. Don't change the soil, thats called transplanting, which if this flush doesn't work I guess you'll have to do. and thats how u flush hope it helped.

Latest posts

Back