Sunakard Tent Grow 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks, i actually just got done moving 4 more plants into the tent, trying something different then the 5gal bags i usualy use with 2 of the 4, i put them in 2gal pots, they are smaller then what i usualy put into flower, i wanna see how it will work out growing more smaller plants as opposed to less monsters, im not sure if ill keep it going i kinda like the monster plants lol. well it looks like my 2 current Lemon Twist close to chop are about a week out based on trichs, hopefuly i can get around to pictures sometime soon...

would yall recommend upgrading to a 1000 watt or add another 600 watt to push it up to 1200 watts total? adding a 600 watt i would modify my hood to hold both bulbs instead of just 1. so i guess it comes down to upgrade or modify?

Congrats on the tent... :yay: they are great... kinda like they are made for this or sumthin? lol

I prob would go dual 600s over 1-1000... Im a firm believer in multiple light sources and would always choose to go with more then one light source if possible...

I would put the bulbs in separate hoods to get yourself better coverage and light from different angles to all plants... :48:

well i took your advice JAAM, well kinda lol, i had 2 135watt LED UFOs sitting around collecting dust so i decided to add them into the tent, got the timers set up to go on and off at the same time. they have only been in for about 3 days so i cant really say for sure if its helping but im sure it is, more light is better since i was under lit.

so yesterday i took care of a heat issue i was having, too much restriction on the vent panel in my window so the fan wasnt pumping out as much as it should have been and my tent spiked up to 92* when it usualy sits steady at 80...

i also transplanted 3 more Lemon Twist and moved them to flower while i wait on my Satori and Frutiylicious to mature in veg, they are still small, about 5 sets of leaves each, so another month or so to go till they are ready for transplant.

so iv got one question, 2 of the 3 plants i transplanted yesterday look like they are wilted, i understand the plants do this when lights are off but the lights have been on for about 5 hours now and the 2 are still looking like they are wilted. after transplanting i gave them a good soaking with about a gal and a half of tea to make sure the new soil was moistened. im confused as to why these 2 look like they are wilting when they defently have water and a fresh new home...

I would set them out of the bright light for a few hours and see if they bounce back. Good luck.

thanks rose, i just left them alone and after a day or 2 they bounced back and are throwing pistils everywhere now so alls good.

as for the Satori and Fruitylicious, 1 of the Satori was a male so i pulled him, the other 2 havnt shown yet so im hoping for 2 females. the 3 Fruitylicious are topped and already showing super long fluffy pistils and hairs so im gonna give them another week or 2 to let the new tops get longer before taking clippings for clones and moving the 3 into flower. gonna have to see which is worth keeping and ill keep those clones and toss the rest. the 2 satori and 3 fruitylicious are about a foot and a half tall, im going to top the satori as well once they start showing preflowers then waiting a few weeks and into flower.

im having some issues with my camera now so pica are going to be on hold for a little while longer then ill have a huge pic posting spree of satori and fruitylicious to catch up.

as i said i need to wait, its a funds issue and currently living paycheck to paycheck can get kinda brutal and cameras really arnt top priority, but once i get things squared away should be around the time i move the satori and fruitylicious into flower, thats when the real show starts anyways.

alright im reviving this thread, its now Dec 11th 2015 and iv started a new grow, i had some issues at home i had to deal with so i never got around to finishing the last grow, i had to put a kabash to everything unfortunately.

so anywho about a month or so ago i started the last 5 Satori seeds i had, 100% germ rate so i was really happy, then instead of letting them do their thing i tried to help 2 of them poke their heads out of the rapid rooters since they were twisting inside, apparently that wasnt good and i killed 2 of them. as the 3 remaining grew i had one vigorous but somewhat lanky pheno and the other was shorter, much much more dense in node spacings and much fatter leaves... then the 3rd little one, got to its 3rd node and either a random japanese beetle(the ladybug look alikes) ate its new growth tip (since i did find 2 in the grow space on my aloe plants) OR it self-topped. either way topped at 3rd node and took a few weeks longer to start going gang busters.

after about a month the first 2 started showing preflowers, at the time it was still a bit too early to tell but low and behold they were both MALES!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! so i was praying and praying that one day soon the 3rd would show sex and be a female.. luckly thats precisely what happened, the self topped 3rd Satori is female YAY!!!, so i did some LST and pulled her tops out to the sides to really open up lower growth since she looks to be the taller lankier phenotype... iv taken 9 clones from her just about a week ago now and they are looking good, still no roots blasting out of the rapid rooters but they look healthy and nice and green still so just a matter of time before the roots go a blasting.

last friday after talking on here with Rosebud and THG iv moved the male into another room with one of my LED panels and flipped him to 12/12, the male i chose was the short, stocky and fat leaved, uber dank skunk smelling pheno rather then the tall lanky one. i figured instead of spending a ton of cash on just a few seeds of Satori again since i have both a nice male and a female id make my own... so the new adventure of breeding has started, i plan on vegging the female until the male is ready to spew all over her, getting the preflowers pollinated so i can still grow seedless bud AND get seeds... always nice right... so im going to let her get nice and fat and then once pollinated ill flip her to 12/12, it looks like that should be happening around the new year.

iv still got a lot of work to do reorganizing and cleaning equipment for the grow room before i can even worry about pictures so please bear with me for a little while. once i get the tent all set up and ready to go ill get some pics of the soon to be bride and pre-slaughtered groom... lol... and then from there id like to do weekly updates.

im really looking forward to this grow since ill have the chance to learn and do something new with growing. i love the idea of making your own seeds and saving all that money, and with that batch of seeds, if all goes well, i can even go further make new strains or try to perfect a pheno if i so choose, probably not, but hey who knows what the future may hold right?...

well my lunch break is over so back to the daily grind...

ps ill try to get some pics of the male and female today or tomorrow, so at least there is some eye candy to look at rather then just my lovely words HAHAHA!

sorry iv been crazy busy this past weekend and didnt get a chance to snap some pics but ill try tomorrow when i have some time.

flowering out a male is very interesting, they just looks so cool, much cooler then that random hermi lol, the structure of the flowers is so odd compaired to females. im rather enjoying growing this male Satori to maturity. always nice to try new things and experience something that many would just take a saw to and throw out in a heart beat lol...

i just LST'ed the female again today trying to get her growing a bit more outwards rather then up, to open up those lower sites to light for a bushier plant before the male is ready to do his thing. gotta get as many sites as i can. i was actually thinking of letting the female flower for like a week before pollinating her for maximum preflowers while still avoiding having seeded bud.

All of these following Pics are of my Satori Male... as i said in the previous post i am so thrilled to see this squatty little fat guy flower, its so interesting and looks alien like compared to females... the last pic i was playing with the micro zoom on my camera and apparently its pretty darn good... remember this is a MALE, notice the little leaves spiraling with the nanners on the top kola, its been in flower for just about 10 or 11 days now so its still early growth but its already kinda sugary and smells skunky with an ever so slight tone of fuel... smells soooo good...

View attachment CIMG0716.JPG

View attachment CIMG0717.JPG

View attachment CIMG0718.JPG

View attachment CIMG0719.JPG

View attachment CIMG0720.JPG

View attachment CIMG0721.JPG

And here is the only female Satori i got, of the 3 beans that survived of 5 i started with, 2 were male which the previous post is the short compact male i kept, and this is the female, the runt of the litter you could say, she auto topped at the 3rd node and just lagged behind for a while, i just did a little pinching earlier to try and help open here up a bit more while keeping her a bit shorter.

the last 2 pics are the clones i took from the satori female, the first 7 are in cups since they had a nice explosion of roots, the 2 remaining in the rapid rooter tray only have a single root poking out the bottom so ill let them go for another few days then transplant into cups. the 4 blanks are Nurse Larry that i just popped seeds into today.

View attachment CIMG0722.JPG

View attachment CIMG0723.JPG

View attachment CIMG0724.JPG

View attachment CIMG0725.JPG

View attachment CIMG0726.JPG

is that male plant putting on trichomes?.......... or hermi maybe:confused2:

Here are a few other things i have growing now, trying to let them get bigger so they can be added to the plants near my only window that gets good light. but they are just too small at the moment.

first off iv got some Purple Passion, its a vine line plant with a vibrant deep purple color and loads of soft fuzzy hairs, the more light it gets the deeper the purple gets and more hairs. Purple Passion has horrid looking yellow flowers that always grow in a large cluster of 3+, they look like a gnarly kinda messed up dandelion and smell 110% putrid... like straight up raw sewage mixed with death... absolutely awful smelling ugly as sin flowers so iv got to stay diligent and pinch off the little buds before they come anywhere near flowering

Iv also got a Lambs Ear plant i grabbed from outside a few months ago when it was uber tiny, only 4 small leaves barely poking out of the ground in one of the flower beds of the building next door. i used to have Lambs Ear plants all around my house growing up, it started off as a small cluster in our herb garden and quickly spread everywhere, if given the chance they will spread all over and become a nuisance, but i always loved them because they are so soft and fuzzy just like a lamb lol so i just couldnt resist grabbing a little baby sprout of it and grow it out myself.

and finally iv got some Aloe, my buddy got a small 3 bladed aloe plant from his friend which apparently came from his grandmas house before they sold it after she passed away. my buddy having the least green thumb iv ever seen knew he would kill it so he gave it to me to grow out and give to him when it was more established and more likely to survive in his care lol... so the large pot of Aloe is actually the small baby i took before giving him the original Aloe that he gave me. (the original plant died in his care >_< lol) good thing i kept a baby for myself and now its a monster which i have taken a total of 9 babies from already, 4 didnt root enough and i tossed them when they went limp from lack of roots, should have rooted them longer but aloe takes for ever to root. and the 3 small aloes in one pot are the 3 that did root enough and are starting to grow new blades. the 2 in the small pots started as 4 blades and are going strong, both throwing at least 3 babies each already. one of these will be going back to my friend as a christmas present this year, hopefully he doesnt kill this one too... lol

and thats it for the assortment of other stuff iv got going right now.

View attachment CIMG0727.JPG

View attachment CIMG0728.JPG

View attachment CIMG0693.JPG

View attachment CIMG0730.JPG

View attachment CIMG0733.JPG

View attachment CIMG0734.JPG

View attachment CIMG0731.JPG

yeah that is 100% male, without a doubt. males do still produce trichomes (mostly ball and hair, far less stalk which we want) but the levels of the wonderful compounds we are after are so low its not really worth trying to smoke. dried male leaves can give you an idea of the aroma and even taste he will add to the genetics. although im still totally new to the whole breeding thing, im pretty sure i remember reading somewhere that if you find a male with the structure you are looking to add to the genetic pool (for me this is much more dense spacing between nodes and much fatter leaves) AND it lays on a nice amount of Trichomes its a keeper for pollen... again i dont know from experience but only what i have read and im pretty sure that the trichomes coming in as heavy as they are only 10 days into 12/12 is a very good sign that it is a nice strong and healthy addition to the genetics. i would love if the seeds produced from this breeding attempt show more of that short, compact and fat structure. of all the satori beans iv grown out they all seemed to have wider spacing and thinner leaves and this male is the only one i got that is short, fat and compact. seeing as im out of seeds and dont really want to pay another $100+ for like 10-12 seeds ill just make my own. so in theory this male will pass on its traits and mix with the traits of the female, hopefully producing offspring that are more compact then thin and lanky. but hey even if it doesnt, ill have more Satori seeds for the future and the awesome experience of flowering a male and breeding... ooh and ill get to keep that $100 or so... XD

well during the daily morning cup of coffee and cigarette i inspected everything as i do every morning... the remaining 2 Satori clones whom only had a single root poking out of the rapid rooters just 2 days ago now have about 10+ exploding out, so today they will be transplanted into their cups to join the other 7 clones... 9/9 clones rooted...
i also checked the 4 Nurse Larry beans i popped into rapid rooters just 2 days ago, all 4 have cracked and their little root is re orientating as per usual, 4/4 100% germ rate, so far so good...

on a side note i cant praise Rapid Rooters enough... of the past 24 beans iv popped into moist rapid rooters, and the countless clones over the past few years, iv gotten like a 99% success rate... 100% on germinating seeds and almost 100% on rooting clones, i do have an aero cloner bucket but it took 2-3 weeks to get a healthy blast of roots compared to like 10 days in rapid rooters... if you are having issues cloning i highly suggest using rapid rooters, cut a slit halfway down so you can open up the rapid rooter and easily slide the stem into it without it wiping off the rooting powder as you try to insert it... i got a bottle of some generic rooting powder from lowes or home depot, i cant remember which store i got it from, but it was like 7 bucks, and i still have like 3/4 of the bottle left... cheap and very effective rooting powder + rapid rooters + rapid rooter trays + humidity tray/dome = super easy cloning... just incase anyone has had issues, like i said i cant praise this method enough...

well back to work for me, ill post up updated pics this weekend hopefully when the 4 Nurse Larry decide to poke their little heads out...

well the 9 Satori clones are doing insanely well, there was a small amount of water standing in the bottom of the humidity tray and apparently that coaxed the clones to go kinda crazy... there were at least 5-6 roots poking out of the cups on 5 of the 9 clones... seeing as there was some water in the tray it caused a little algae to grow so i cleaned and emptied the tray so hopefully the clones wont spread roots out of the cups anymore, seeing as they have only been in cups for about 4 days now im going to leave them for another 4-7days to really get established roots before being transplanted into their veg pots for about a month or so.
the satori mother is doing great, shes getting nice and big, well she really hasnt gotten much larger but all the lower branches are exploding with growth since iv been supercropping/LSTing her into more of a widened Y shape to open up that lower growth.
hopefully she will at least double in size before the male is ready to spew, id really like to be able to get at least 50+ seeds and some good bud outta this run, i so cant wait to try satori, all yall been praising it up left and right for years and im kinda itching to try it finally.

speaking of Satori male, he is doing very well, currently the lights are off so i cant get in there to get a pic, but he is really going strong, the pollen sacks have all doubled in size and starting to get some slight striping which looks really cool... i know everyone is always like OOH MY GOD A MAKE SLAUGHTER IT NOW!!! but this is really interesting to actually be growing a male out, they look so interesting lol...

4/4 Nurse Larry have infact poked their heads out of the rapid rooters and are doing quite well, one of them got a nice boo boo from poking its head out, lost one of its seed leaves so it looks all lopsided and sad, but hopefully it does just fine with only one seed leaf, never had a sprout lose a seed leaf before so ill be keeping an eye on it for a while with fingers crossed nothing happens and it does just fine.

some pics for your enjoyment...
First are Nurse Larry sprouts before transplant into cups
few pics of 9 Satori clones and the 4 Nurse Larry after transplanted into cups, back 9 are Satori, front 4 are Nurse Larry.
lastly the Satori Female just chilling and veggin out like a fatty on the couch lol

View attachment CIMG0735.JPG

View attachment CIMG0736.JPG

View attachment CIMG0737.JPG

View attachment CIMG0738.JPG

View attachment CIMG0739.jpg

View attachment CIMG0740.JPG

View attachment CIMG0741.JPG

well everything is doing super well. the male is starting to pop a few pods every day now, this morning when i checked in on him there were 5 new pods popped open and it looks like another 5 are soon to pop... the female is getting much larger and i think next weekend ill get the two of them together and see what happens...

i was and still am thinking about getting my tent set up now and get the female in there asap so i can get more preflowers then she is showing now...

ill try to get some pics later on today and post them up to see the progress... the 4 nurse larry are doing very very well, granted its like impossible to tell at this point seeing as they are still on their first single blade leaf set but i think i have 2 of the fatter phenotype, i think its the MW heavy pheno. i had to trash 3 of my satori clones as they looked really really bad and i just didnt care enough, i still have 6 clones, 4 of which are rocking like mad crazy...

Very nice journal Sunakard.. I have never used to rapid rooters to germinate seeds before, very interesting. I too love them for clones.

That greenest of mojo for your nurse larry and the satori. Yummy very nice.

Latest posts

Back