My first journal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just turn the volume of the TV up.....lol.....
A friend of mine added a few feet of ducting to the fan and stuck it in a box full of packing peanuts... quieted it down nicely. If anyone uses this method remember to tape the ducting to the box or you will blow packing peanuts all over your grow...

Thanks Bud and Mrcane! I have my T5 about 1-2" from the top of the baby. Temps are consistent 76-80 depending on outside temps. I love when its so cold outside, its easier to control temperatures! So I picked up this bud from a local dispensary, it smells like rotten fruit at times, very citrusy. It must be a sativa dom strain, It got my heart racing like a SOB lol. I made the mistake of smoking a fat bowl at night, up for hours reading lol. The dispensary called it Tangelo.

I will finish the silencers/muffler soon, I found an app for my phone to turn it into a decibel meter. This will help big time when you try out different sound deadening material. I'm just not sure what the max temp the air will be when it exhausts my light? Knowing that temp I can choose a material safe enough to not spontaneously ignite.

Can I get a volunteer to do me a favor? Take an accurate temp reading at the exhaust of your light. Thx

well you are making a silencer/muffler... you do NOT want this right next to your light, place a few feet of ducting running outside of your tent from you light, then attach the muffler on the end of that, assuming you have your tent set up so the fan is outside pulling air from inside the tent and pushing it out and through your muffler... with a few feet of ducting the heat wont matter at all... my exhausted air only comes out about 5* hotter then the temp inside the tent, so like 85-90~ ish... which isnt enough to harm any padding inside a muffler with a few feet of ducting between it and the light

Hey thanks Sunakard2000! I'm going to use an old sleeping bag or quilt I have in the garage. I like to re purpose stuff rather than throw it away. Cheers, pic to come soon! Stay safe peeps!

Here is what I have so far, I had an old quilt that I decided to re purpose for my silencer/muffler. I wrapped it around the sheet metal, thick enough to put on the 6in/4in reducer. Tell me what you guys think. I will check my decibel meter when it's operational to see its effectiveness. On another note, great news! The Larry OG popped! Yuppie!

View attachment 2016-01-18 11.33.08.jpg

View attachment 2016-01-18 11.33.27.jpg

Nice,,,but what ya gonna cover up with now. Lol

Hey WeedHopper, glad you asked lol. At the hardware store in the hvac area they have ducting slit down the middle. You cut the ducting the the desired length then with a special tool crimp both ends to wrap around the muffler. It's not my design, I found it online. I will post a link if I can find it.

I was joking wit ya Little Brother about the Blanket you had used.

I have decided to return my 4" Hurricane fan, at only 171cfm I would rather just by the 6in fan and lower the cfm's with a speed control, I have heard this a lot. I think I will hang it by a bungee cord and let it hang in rubbermade container. The container will contain insulation of some type, haven't decided on what to use yet. Pictures once i'm done. Cheers!

Hey everyone here, take a hit!:48:

I love sativas so much, I love the heady high I get while checking out the stars. I hope in the future I can have the outdoor space to grow a few good sativa monsters. I can't afford the hash at the dispensary so this will be nice to get some ice water bubble!

In case someone wants to know the cost of my silencer/ muffler.
1. 2x 6-4" reducers 8 bucks total
2. Sheet metal roll for inside= 6 bucks
3. Outer ducting sleve = 6 bucks
4. Insulation= free
5. Duct tape= free
6. Total cost= stupid cheap!

Trying an idea I have stuck in my head to make my cool tube cooled independently so that I can flow a small amount of CO2 inside. It's a 4in no hub coupling, I'm going to use a cut off wheel to remove the corners then shove the fan inside the neoprene insert and tighten it. The other side will be a section of 4in pvc, this is where I will connect my ducting.

View attachment 2016-01-21 15.17.43.jpg

My Dutch might die, don't know why. The Larry OG is doing great. If I only have one plant I might use a 5 gal pot instead if 3 gal. Pics soon to come.

Latest posts

Back