Miracle Grow????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir-Smoke-Alot

new smoker/grower
Reaction score
I got a question I have seen a ton of people say stay away from miracle grow for some reason and it never really says why. I have 5 plants in miracle grow and the rest in hydrophonics and the ones in miracle grow are just towering over them. Do I need to move these out of the miracle grow??? If so what do you guys recammend as far as soil goes with they come out of the little jiffy pots? Just about to start a couple more and don't wanna hurt them with the miracle grow if there is something better I can use. Any help would be awsome. Thanks

Lots of people use it here but you must be careful when there small as the built in nutes can be strong for seedlings but it sounds like your far past that.

When I grew in dirt I used Rapid grow but I followed the directions and gave it to them maybe once a month.
If you use it right its ok but it can burn plants real easy if you over do it.

I think their soil is great the problem is its "time released fertilizers". IMO your soil should be neutral and nutrients fed to your babies at your discretion. I just can not leave the feeding of my plants to a pill sized tablet of sorts that wants to feed when it feels most like it.

I have seen more than a few people remove these ferts from the soils mix before potting. It should also be noted these are not natural fertilizers. Unless of course you go with miracle grow's organic mix which contains organic time released ferts.

Imagine this, you make the mistake and over nute sightly and want to flush your plant. Flushing your plant doesn't help because the ferts are in the soil and continue to be released as you are flushing. Timed released ferts are just one more variable and ***** if you want my opinion. The F-ing plant just will not tell how much nitrogen that little tablet dropped each day. Its all guess work and it can change daily. Am I making any sense, I better go catch a buzz.

I've used 'miracle grow moisture control' potting soil for two successful harvests, and i'm on my third! not saying it's the best, but it sure is available!

been usin MG potting mix with no problems other than having to pre wet it in a mixing bowl.

Latest posts

Back