late start grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbud

Reaction score
DAY 1
- planted 6 purps - 6 mango (mango was free with shipment of purps)
-soaked seeds 12 hours
-using peat pellets, planted seed, then placed in tray with water in tray to keep the pellet moist from humidity, pellets do not touch water
-covered the tray with a clear plastic salad container.
-put tray on a heat pad, turned off heat pad when the air was 80 degrees above the pellets under the plastic container.

Have a new light fixture, as i have never grown indoors and i understand it is a floresent type for the vegitative growth. Will be setting up a permanent grow room downstairs soon, making two rooms one for vedging plants and one for budding, i hope.:eek:

(not including pics here, as the peet pelets are uninteresting, and am having problems uploading pics to this site, so as soon as i master that, i will be showing seedlings, i want to show my current outdoor plants somewhere and here is where i am gonna try to do that.)

Sounds like you have everything under control man. A HPS light will work for both vegging and flowering. It would provide much faster growth than the flo's, but would also cost more to run.

Awwwww, man, I wanted to see your peat pellets man! hahahahahahaha

Just kiddin....I've seen about a million of em.

Good luck to you man!

not sure if i am doing this correctly, so will just add to the grow journel here for now.

Day 3
- four of the six purps have come up, two yesterday, two last night.:D
- now have the light on them temp has gone up
- turned on fan low to circulate the air
- i have read that temperture/humidity is critical to determination of sex, so i am keeping the air at about 74, (i hope) humidity is iffy, as i have a swamp cooler that goes on during the day, i hope that is enough.
- bought a bong, first one in a hundred years...and remember now why i never used one..it stinks!

it has been a long time since i had a garden, and now i am starting something totally new..indoor gardening, tho i also have some outside.

if anyone can help me do this journel correctly..please tell me if i am doing it right

tcbud said:
if anyone can help me do this journel correctly..please tell me if i am doing it right
Just look over a few other journals man. There really isn't any rules on how to do one. We don't allow others to bust in on someones journal with there own stuff. This is your place to put what you want about your grow. Others ask about it and will help you with your grow from here.

Good luck man!

the third pic is the plant before going outside, April 15. The first and second pics are May 21, starting to bud. They are the reason i came to this site, and have found since then, the plants were under more light than the daylight was giving them outside, so they imediately went into bud, the little clones i will post soon, showing the stress this causes, the leaves are so curled, i almost want to shoot them and put them out of their misery.....or i should shoot me and put me out....cause i have a cookie problem now..and i dont think this is gonna submit anyway..and the pics..dont hold your breath folks

above first pic a clone that is been stressed to bud early, and the other two are a larger clone, stressed to bud early, will be putting more pics on of them soon.

(Edit By Stoney Bud: Hey, you did good this time man! I combined your posts into one for you.)

potplants052107004.jpg

potplants052107012.jpg

potplants052107011.jpg

They all seem to be budding nicely man. Wont be too long and you will be reaping what sow, if you will. lol. Glad to see you finally got the pics up. :D

Day 8
Tho it was fathers day weekend, i still feel like a proud ma ma. Week 1 is over and all of the lil purps came up, three of the mango are up tho one still struggles to stand. I have the light on 14 hours a day, and am trying to keep the temp at 75 or under with a fan and the swamp cooler.
I have a room downstairs, that will be turned into a grow room, so far i have the idea to partition it so that there will be a budding and a vegitative room, as i want to grow twelve and with two plants harvesting every two months. As of now, the babies are in the upstairs bed room where i can keep an eye on them.
still practicing the uploading of pics, so below are the purps, six up and the mango, three up one struggles.:D

purps 1 week.jpg

mango 1wk.jpg

You should probably move your light closer and leave it on for 24 hours a day.

i moved the light as suggested, they were gettin kinda leggy, so here they are now, 48 hours later. i can not beleive they have gotten so big (the purps, pic 2) and the mango are still comming up! just thot i would post this, following good advise here helped these babies.
- light now 4 inches from plants
good growing,
tcbud:D

06 20 07.jpg

purps 06 20 07.jpg

- transplanted one week ago
- 17 hours of floresent light daily
- lights still five inches from plants
- the six purps seem to be growing fastest, cept one
- of the three mango, all are doing well
- started fox farm "grow big" yesterday - at day 21 from sowing, 19 from sprouting first plant, 1teaspoon per gallon of water as directed on bottle

I am pleased with the little girls (hopefully possitive thinking) they all seem to be doing well except one. This plant below, the last of the posted pics, has not grown at all since transplanting one week ago. It also seems to be yellowing on the bottom leaves and the leaves droop. I soaked it this morning in water thinking that maybe the soil has a dry pocket, and drained it well. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong with it or what i can do to save it? Also i am wondering should i be lifting the light farther from the plants now? If so, how far?
thanks for Your help guys,
good growing

for some reason, the site said i was not logged in, so i logged out, and logged in again and will try to post the pics for the above words.

three weeks 01.jpg

three weeks 02.jpg

three weeks 03.jpg

three weeks 06 sick.jpg

- four plants have been put outside, planted in ten gallon containers. three purps and one mango, doing well and have grown about two inches in four days.
- the others are still under lights in the house. not growing as fast as the outdoor plants. i have two inside that i will use as mother plants if they come up female. am including their pictures.
- feeding foxfarms grow big, daily, to the inside plants, weekly with the outside plants.
- 17 hours of light daily inside.
- approximately 14 hours of light on the outside plants, ten direct sun.
- i have sprayed neem oil on the plants outside as i seem to have spider mites every where in the garden.
- the other plants that i had clones of, i have harvested four (two that were marked with a blue dot is some of the sweetest tasting smoke i have ever had), and six have reverted to the veggie stage, i am hoping that they flower well, there is one 420, one northern lights five, one bubble gum, one old gangster, one each of RK and SK (dont know what that means) will be interesteing to see how they turn out, three of them have grown over a foot since they reverted and the leaves are massive.

*I am all round happy with the progress of all the plants, tho the ones that have reverted still look like they should be taken out of their misery.

good growing all,
again problems uploading pics, will post this and try the pics again.

Your plants are looking good...Loading pics can be a pain, huh? So, you have plants in all stages of growth and both indoors and outdoors? You must be busy, LOL!

Looking good!

BTW- I may have missed it but what kind of light are you using inside? Floro or HID?

i am using a floresnt light, it has eight bulbs...small bulbs, got it at the hydroponic store in town.
tcbud

the below are dry buds from the purple dot plants, i had two, they are the plants i have pics of above. the other pic is of the RK SK and Northern lights (not dry hanging now), all stressed and have reverted to vegitative growth. All were bought as clones going from 24/hours a day to ordinary daylight on may first, within two weeks they were flowering.
good growing,
this purple dot bud makes your tongue almost numb when you smoke it, very fruity tasting and the buds when on the plant smelled like no other bud i have ever smelled before, not pine smelling like the RK and SK.

maybe it is cause i have dial up, but i am not able to load more than two pics per post.

dot 1 and 4.jpg

NL SK RK stressed.jpg

Latest posts

Back