First Grow; Second attempt...White Rhino and Bagseed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50bud

Reaction score
Here it is, again...
After my first attempt in my rubbermaid grow box temps where getting to out of hand to control so i decided to just use my closet space for what it was and grow. My exhaust fan finally came in after two weeks to control the temps but had already sat up shop, maybe i can use it somewhere along the line. Needless to say the temperatures are now at a 71-82F mark most of the time staying at about 80 during the day and 70 at night when temperatures drop outside. Growth looks good and off to a pretty good start.

My lighting are 5-23W-6500k 1600lumen CFL's. which runs my lumen count to 8000 if my calculations are correct and i have about another 6 or 7 warm whites-2700k's to add as growth continues(dont wanna it to get hot again).

Here they are the ones in the blue cups are white rhino's or the ones that doesnt have two in the same cup:eek::p I guess i somehow accidently planted two seeds in the same cup of bagseed the other night, ha it was some good shwag though and very healthy looking seeds. Ill cross my fingers for no hermies.

here are the pics

Pic083.JPG

Pic084.JPG

Pic085.JPG

Pic086.JPG

Pic087.JPG

nice one man, good to see you haven't given up :D what size is your closet?

nice man looks like your off to a good start... ***** you had to devote your closet to growing but hey gotta do what you gotta do... probably just end up saving you money cuz you wont have to buy pot any more! anyways seeing you have the 6500k's in there right now you must be doing a veg/flowering stage? when do you plan to switch to 12/12 and change all your lights to 2700k? now that your in the closet id veg for 3 weeks then switch to flowering you got plenty of grow space.

anyways man all be watching! your gonna like how CFL's dont even phase your electric bill and still grow pot =P

Ganja_Greg said:
nice man looks like your off to a good start... ***** you had to devote your closet to growing but hey gotta do what you gotta do... probably just end up saving you money cuz you wont have to buy pot any more! anyways seeing you have the 6500k's in there right now you must be doing a veg/flowering stage? when do you plan to switch to 12/12 and change all your lights to 2700k? now that your in the closet id veg for 3 weeks then switch to flowering you got plenty of grow space.

anyways man all be watching! your gonna like how CFL's dont even phase your electric bill and still grow pot =P
Exactly what i was thinking greg, 3 to 4 week veg is what im planning on, I plan on leaving 2 or 3 of the 6500k's in there along with adding about 5 or 6 2700's. Oh yeah and as far as the closet goes i have 2 in my room and this one had no purpose but storage boxes which was condensed down and stored at the top of the closet:hubba: you just cant see it in the pic(sorry for it being sideways BTW) but those pics where about a day and a half old so i will update tonight.

Gave the babies 8-7-6 MG nutes earlier at 1/10 strength hoping to add a little boost now that they are almost a week old. Hopefully they wont burn but im pretty confident the mixture was to weak to do too much damage so we'll see. Will post pics later just dont have time right now gotta run.

ya that shouldnt hurt the sprouts much at all.. carful with the nutes so early even still never know when you got a weak starter..

Update:

Sorry but i lost my battery charger for my camera batteries and its dead so bare with me... It appears as though a white rhino seed in which i thoiught was a bad seed that i left in the cup when i planted the new one has now began to sprout so now i have another cup with two plants in it. I plan on moving them to bigger pots in about 2 weeks once growth really starts, i was thinkin about tying the plants down toward opposite directions of eachother that way they dont tangle and grow into one another...Or then again i could move them into seperate pots; just afraid of stressin em too much? i dont know anyone got a suggestion?

Woops... forgot to add, one of the white rhinos is showing some what seems to be burn prob from the light feeding, i gave it a good flush yesterday and it seems to be doing about the same. Sorry about the pics again i misplaced my charger.

No worries man.. if they were showin signs of stress thru that small feeding i'd be inclined to just water them for another week or so and see what they look like then. Don't wanna burn them too soon :)

It won't stress them too much to to replant into their own pots now while they only have small roots...the larger they grow the more stress will occur in this case as their roots will tangle and then trying to split them will be hard.

If you leave them in and train them you could end up with a male and female meaning you'd have to cut the male down carefully unless you wanted seeds.

Hope you sort out the camera soon :D

Good Luck with everything brotha. I will be watching closely. Subscribed.

Update on the pics tonight. Been real busy lately and to be honest thought i had killed my babies. Luckily it looks as though they are starting to bounce back. at least 3 of the 4. The smallest one is the single cup is still very small and the leaves are under cupped pretty bad, the plant has not completely died it still has some green left. All the plants still have tip burn but i suppose this is normal due to the amount of stress they were put under.

Finally here they are...problems FINALLY fixed(with the cam)...
m1 028.JPG
m1 031.JPG
m1 022.JPG
m1 004.JPG
m1 005.JPG
m1 020.JPG

these are shots of the two left, the smallest was flushed of all color and badly undercupped so i culled it out. The third cup in the pic of my setup is a freshly planted White Rhino seed and i currently have a gypsy mystery bean germinating:hubba: ....what do you think? questions, comments, all welcome...

They are growing slowly im thinking probably because of the small amount of light i have and the severe burn from my last feeding gone bad... stupid me, after i burnt them with the miracle gro i watered them with superthrive....bad idead but the biggest/bagseed plants seem to be recovering well. I plan on simply watering from here on out. Or at least until they get much bigger. I didnt even realize the soil already had feed in it(yes i know not a good soil choice) but you gotta work with what you got.

Nice light set-up. I be liking it! ALTHOUGH, you're losing quite a bit of lumens by lighting the entire room. You should look into some sort of reflector to stop the light from lighting the top-most portion of the closet and just the lower half. My 2 cents :)

well i just added a couple of aluminum pop can reflectors, seems to make a bit of difference. I have actually been pondering on doin that just kind of lazy i guess:eek:

well i was watering my plants this morning when i picked up both of the cups to pour out the runoff so the roots dont drown, and the roots was hanging 2-3 inches out of the bottom of the cups. This had to have happened in only the last 2-3 days. I stopped watering for about 2 days, i guess this forced the roots to reach for water, will transplant tonight...

Hey buddy those look like their gonna be fine! Well done on the roots and yea glad u got a decent reflector,. that'll help a lot. They looked a tad yellow but i'm sure they'll perk up! Keep it GREEN!!

yeah thanks thorn, a little yellow but i think they will hold up. I transplanted last night into a 2 gallon and a 1 gallon bucket. So now i have four plants, three containers:hubba: . I will update on the pics tonight, oh yeah and i added a 2700k and another 6500k cfl so now my lumen count is at exactly 10,000 lumens, im thinking ill add about another 2 2700k's here soon to boost my lumen count...wish me luck:D Will take pics and update tonight

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG
Here are the updated pics. I gave them all a shot of nutes 3 days ago except the seedling...1/4 strength 8-7-6 NPK and a 3 drop dose of superthrive. They seem to have reacted well and they are starting to turn green which excites me. Im really high right now excuse me:ccc: :stoned:

They are looking good. I would go real easy on the nutes though. They are awful young for feedings. I would hold off with the nutes until about week 2 or 3 just to be safe. Everything else looks like its in order. The pop can reflectors will help out a bunch. Keep us posted my friend. Take care.

Latest posts

Back