First Grow; Second attempt...White Rhino and Bagseed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i think i am going to mix my feeding up a little bit. I think tomorrow instead of a normal 1/4 shot of nutes i am going to top dress with some worm castings...I figure at this stage of growth it wont hurt the babies too bad... will update in the days to come.

Well i just watered and top dressed the plants. I will update later...

After taking a peek today the 3 babies are responding well, they are becoming a more darker green and are developing new growth...Im thinking to keep my plants short enough to not outgrow the 3.5 ft restriction they are in im going to top here in a week or so and shortly begin flowering after that.

I was bored and actually had some time so i thought i would post an update...compared to the previous pictures from days before the 2 bagseed plants are growing at a rapid rate and the rhino is doing well also, hopefully i will be blessed with females, here within the next week or so I think I am going to top all my plants but the seedling then let them veg another week before flower. Just thought it was a good sounding game plan :D
m1 001.JPG

m1 002.JPG

m1 003.JPG

m1 004.JPG

m1 005.JPG

m1 006.JPG

m1 007.JPG

m1 008.JPG

Well I just tied down the tallest bagseed plant, its amazing how much they have grown in only two days, you can really tell they are out of their seedling stage, I gave them a shot of nutes today; 1/3 strength. The tallest plant seemed to almost be taking over the other, somewhat covering it blocking light, so i tied a little red string around the base of the stem and taped it to the side of the pot, will update with pics at a later date.

Already giving them nutes huh? Who knows, it might speed them up a bit.. kinda like steroids but for plants maybe? Hah. Anyways, as long as everything is green, you're good to go! I'll stay tuned to this grow. It looks like you have plenty of light... the two plants in one pot will do ok, but one plant might hog more light than the other and the other might be do a little stretching to compensate and fight for some light. Last year I had two in one pot, ended up being a female and a male together.

you should use the top of the rubbermaid to make a hood for your lights, you're losing a ton of light

gagjababy said:
you should use the top of the rubbermaid to make a hood for your lights, you're losing a ton of light
Thanks for the help but im confused? How am i losing light other than the two lights that i dont have a reflector made for?? count that i have 4 of the 6 with reflectors on them, and as far as the rubbermaid hood goes thats almost impossible the temps already are staying at about 84 degrees, smothering them with the hood would only add even more heat problems... However thanks for your input i believe i will add two reflectors to the two that doesnt have one...:hubba:

Just tied down the rhino plant. FIM'd the other bagseed (that hadnt been tied)...pics later

I would let them grow more than a week before you put them into flower. You said you have 3.5 feet of vertical space right? I would let them get approximately 12 inches tall before I put them into flower. Also, if you lst them babies, you will have some bushes and be able to get them even bigger and then throw them into flower. Just my thoughts.

They do look healthy. Keep us posted on your progress. I will be pulling up a chair and following along. Good luck and take care my friend.

Yeah i changed my mind, im gonna let them grow a while and let LST do its magic;)

The first few pics are of the rhino, she is responding well to being tied down, her stalk is filling out nicely and the nodes are very tight and compact. All the remaining pics after that are of the bagseed, one is tied down other is fim'd. You cant see from the pics but the fim'd one has new growth developing hoping to become future budsites..all comments, questions, criticizism is appreciated:)
m1 002.JPG

m1 025.JPG

m1 006.JPG

m1 010.JPG

m1 014.JPG

m1 008.JPG

m1 012.JPG

I will try and get better pics later. sorry for them being so dark

Fim'd the remaining 2 plants today. threw the seedling out the other day it was burnt from the high temps at times. Will update later.

please excuse my ignorance but what does Fim'd mean?

Update on these beautiful little specimens, the bagseeds grow more and more every day. Im starting to wish i would have planted my rhino in a 2 gallon pot like the bagseeds. I cant get a clear enough shot but it appears the rhino may be a male:mad: but we will see better after i switch the lights soon; thinkin either tonight or tomorrow night. Sorry i havent updated in a while my internet has been really out of wack(long story)...Thorn, in respnse to what is FIM'd it is a type of lst, like topping except instead of cutting the whole stem off you only cut 80% of the new growth off...google it or look around on here it should help.

here are the pics. You know the drill, small bucket is the rhino, the big one with the two in it are the bagseed:

m1 001.JPG

m1 006.JPG

m1 008.JPG

m1 002.JPG

m1 003.JPG

m1 004.JPG

m1 007.JPG

m1 009.JPG

Questions, comments and criticism are appreciated..

Wow those bagseed have really bushed out :D nice one!! If the rhino doesn't turn out to be male you could always transplant her? Are you planning on germinating any more seeds if it is male?

Oh by the way I have my first female lowryder #2 in my current grow set up and i'm baked to top it off :woohoo::yay::ccc::stoned:

Keep it green :48:

Plants look nice and green and they are bushing out awsomely. I like the pop-can reflector 3-way thing! How many wattage bulbs do you have in the 3-way thing?

Its actually 4 mental, you just cant see the last one, running 4, 26 watts at 104watts. my total lumen output in the closet is 12,400.

Latest posts

Back