Sick Pineapple...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deeeeeed

Medical Stoner
Reaction score
Good morning... I have been having some problems with my grow. I consider myself a fairly experienced grower but have run into something new. isn't that always the case.

Lost 2 Purple Erkle and 1 Pineapple with another dying. All plants were about 9 - 10 weeks, when they started dying. I grow in dirt, Fox Farms Ocean Forest + some coconut hull. I feed Maxsea + Fox Farms additives. I use the fabric pots in 7 gallon.

I had already harvested 1 pineapple and 2 purple's with no problems. The second set of purple's were just ready to go into flower when I noticed they were not looking good and went down hill from there. I have another Pineapple that is starting to look wilty on the lower leaves. I really want to save her. Please can you help me?

I was told that it is possibly cut worms, so you may see the corn meal on top of plant. That was added yesterday.

View attachment sickpineapple.jpg

View attachment sick2.jpg

Oh my those are not happy plants. duh, huh. I would cut that pot open and see what is going on inside.

Why the coco with ffof? So sorry.

I have already done that. I repotted this plant, i think a week or two ago. Something odd, there was a hard shell on the bottom, which I scraped off added new dirt in the bottom and put it back in. It perked up for a minute, then took a dive again. Other plants are starting to do the drooping leaves on the bottom.

I grow with a grow room, but take them out during the day. They go to bed at 7 where they have a grow light till 11. Flowering plants just go in a dark room.

Friend suggested the coconut hull added to the FF. Similar to a perilite.

and yes, I PH every time.

With FFOF you need no ph'ing. It is an organic soil with enough nutrients in it to last 8 weeks. You may have been to heavy on the feed, i don't know. With true organics there is no need to ph anything.

What did you find when you took the plant out of the pot?

Have you considered taking clones and letting this plant go?

2 ??

How hot does that concrete get?
If these were clones is there a soft area in the stem just above the soil line?

when I took plant out of the pot, across the bottom was a layer of hard something. I took it off and added a layer of new soil in and put her back. She perked up for minute then took a dive. I am not going to clone her, she needs to go. Trying to find out the problem, it seem to be spreading.

PCduck: if it's too hot, I put them on the grass. Hasn't been a problem in the past. These are clones and I checked pineapple here and no soft stem. One branch has green and appears to be happy, for the time.

With FFOF you need no ph'ing. It is an organic soil with enough nutrients in it to last 8 weeks. You may have been to heavy on the feed, i don't know. With true organics there is no need to ph anything.

I have only been using the FFOF for this year, I knew there was fertilizer in, but didn't realize that much. Note: I didn't have any nutrient burn, so they evidently didn't care. Didn't know about the PH, although not all of my nutrients are organic.

I pulled her up and threw her away. The roots look good. Strong no rotting, didn't find any creatures. Gorilla Glue #4 is in flower at week 5. She is starting to show limp leaves. Last Pineapple is still vegging and is getting new growth, but has some curling leaves. I still have the corn meal as a top dressing in hopes that the cut worms are the culprit. Thinking of flushing prior to adding next fertilizer.

Have you been ferting?

Less is more.

They look fried. Cut worms? No bro, you have a nutrient issue. It's spreading because you have the same problem across the spectrum and the others are just starting to show it.

A heat condition on the concrete wouldn't cause the leaf issues like that. They would just wilt and dry up and fall off. Your having a OD possible lockout of some sort.

have you fertilized them recently?

Phing at all? Give us specifics to the T so we can really help.

A closeup of a fan leaf would help us as well not a whole Plant shot- we would love to help.

Next time do the ffof and forget the coco, in my humble opinion. And don't add nutes for 6 -7 weeks.

Thanks Rosebud, but I had the best harvest in a long...long time. biggest one was 12 oz. rest were around 10... Smaller ones were 8 and 7.

Oddly enough a friend grower is experiencing the exact same problems. All starting at the same time in the grow. Around week 9 or 10. My gorilla glue is hanging in, but she's a bit droopy in week 5 of flower.

Looked at the leaf under the microscope but didn't see anything unusual.

View attachment leaf.jpg

A big thanks to Rosebud and trillion of atoms... The information you provided enabled me to make a diagnosis. You were right, Rosebud, over fertilize. I dropped the Maxsea and only used FF additives. Head Band turned around immediately. (she had just a few droopy leaves) and Pineapple is coming around. She was more damaged so it will take awhile but I am seeing improvement.

That was a silly mistake as I should of known better. Guess I'm smoking too much weed...:vap-Bong_smoker:

Latest posts

Back