mag deficient

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moxie

Reaction score
im having a mag deficiency 4 weeks into flower and I need some help on correcting it ,,, a cheap way is to add Epsom salt but how do I do that exactly ,,,,

im currently soiless using gh 3 part with calmag plus ,in r/o water
? , do I flush using only Epsom salt , or do I use calmag and the Epsom salt together no nutes ,
I currently have a new batch of nutes ready to use and can I just add the extra Epsom salt to that ? and what ratios of calmag and Epsom salts per gallon or litre do I use ,,,, ive increased the nitrogen 3 times just in case the yellowing was that and its not it .

need pictures of yellowing........ what is your soilless medium?........... I add my Epson salt right in with the nutrient mixture........ how much calmag are you using per gallon?

What and how much are your feeding........ 5 ml per gallon is the amount of calmag most recommend and used......... what is your soilless medium?........ it looks like it could be mag deficiency........ the stems being colored up like that make me wonder if it is more than just mag........ and being 4weeks into flower suggest it's something else.

I said it up there , that I use GH general hydroponics 3 part micro grow and bloom ,,, and I do hydroponics ,, its a WATERFARM system ,,,,, how much im feeding ,,, 2mil per gal micro , 5 mil per gal grow , and 5 mil per gal bloom ,all mixed in 5 gal buckets ,, in flower I wouldn't usually use so much grow but the yellowing made me think its nitrogen def . ill try to get better pics but im having difficulty at the moment

cut the grow and go with 6 ml of micro per gallon........... use 9 ml bloom....... being your using RO water always use calmag........ this will rock your grow......... how big is your reservoir? how many buckets/plants are you running on the system. How often are you flooding the pots?

cool , I will do it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ok now the waterfarm system is modified , the original farm is a drip system ,,, but I turned it into a drip dwc system , 5 buckets that hold 2 gallons each with a 7 gallon rez

Last edited:
its a constant recirculating system with a top fed drip at every bucket

ive been thinking about converting it to a flood and drain ,,, with parts of titans flo n gro system .

what is the ph range your using for your nutrient mix........ using a 7 gallon reservoir means you got to watch your ph close.......... can change fast running 5 plants from it.

It does drift a lot and quick like , I start low at 4.9 and let it drift up over night to 5.6 /5.8 and yes I am constantly watching to keep it in that range , ,,,,,, need to clarify something , I have a 7 gal rez after the buckets are full and each bucket holds 2 gal so all in all im working with 17 gallons ,,, 5 - 2 gallon buckets , 1 - 2 gallon rez that recirculates the whole thing with a float valve connected to a 5 gallon rez on top of that , but I took the 5 gallon rez off because of my current problem . mixing 17 gallons and it not fixing the prob is wasted work , nutes and water

I can't see how your not drowning your plants if the 2 gallon pots keep water in them all the time.

the yellowing has slowed I think but its only been 30 hours since I used the 6mil micro, 9 bloom mil , 5 mil calmag per gallon mix ,,,,,, and I haven't had to adjust the ph today which is a good sign ,, its at 5.8 and holding not drifting

I think your right , I think I am drowning my plants , because when they go into flower from veg I have separate rooms , and when I transfer them the roots are pearly white and healthy but I just looked at them now and they look like a an old dirty sock that I take off after I go mudding on the 4 wheeler ,,,,, is that drowning ?

can we get some pics of your set up........ sounds like root rot to me.

Is the water aerated? Are you using airstones? It sounds like it is pretty much a DWC system with a top drip? If so, then you do want your plants in water continually, but it must be aerated. Also the temps of your solution is important. Nute solution that is too warm will hold less DO, which can cause root rot.

What are the differences in your 2 grow spaces as you have nice white roots during veg?

phew ,,, had to figure out that pic sizes were to big ,,,, then had to learn how to resize ,, dangggg ,,, grower13 ,, I will get pics of flower room set up when the sun comes up ,,,,,,ok , no air stones ,,, the nute temps are around 65 - 70 ,,, yes DWC with a top drip I figured that would aerate enough , maybe not ,,,, now the one difference between the 2 rooms that I can think of is for a few hours the room temp in the flower room reaches 85 then gets mostly 70 - 75,,, the last pic of coarse is the mother all alone after her babies left her :banana:

View attachment jan 29 2015 homer 001 (600x450).jpg

View attachment jan 29 2015 homer 0014 (600x450).jpg

View attachment jan 29 2015 homer 0011.jpg

View attachment new mother pics 001 (600x450).jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back