Another Political Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
well kids it's almost time to vote again---there are many marijuana measures on our ballots---i live in CA and am still unsure how i will be voting on legalization---we have medical and it seems to be working just fine for me just the way it is now---for a number of reasons i have my doubts about full blown legalization benefitting me in any way shape or form---please chime in with your thoughts on the marijuana topics on your ballots and please don't get my thread closed by getting into bashing the candidates---thank you all in advance for respecting our forum rules about politics!

well, another election year in good ole Georgia. i be squinting but i dont see anything about legal weed down here. all i know is, i smoked weed in jail once!

I'd just be happy for the felony charges to be done away with where I live....... btw once this thread gets 3 or 4 pages in....... all bets are off as to where it goes.

Im hoping Texas gets their freaking act together,,,but i aint holding my Breath .

Is the law flawed in some way? If the law is written poorly and others will be harmed by passing recreational, then vote your conscience. But, surely you are not against recreational cannabis just because it will not benefit YOU personally, are you? :eek: IMHO, you need to look at whether it will benefit the state, the country and the people as a whole.

Getting a medical card can be expensive and time consuming and not everyone will qualify. I personally believe that every person should have the right to choose for themselves...whether it personally benefits me or not. I am very glad that Oregon has recreational cannabis.

If it passes I think it will be the straw that breaks the back for states trying to pin felonies for doing what close to half the population does legally........... and the fact way more than 50% of total population is in agreement of total legalization........ it's just a matter of time before we will all be free to use........ or the federal govt shutting it all down...... and states will bow to them........ can't risk the shutdown of the IV of money they're receiving from the federal govt....... the freedom to act as a state only goes so far.

Is the law flawed in some way? If the law is written poorly and others will be harmed by passing recreational, then vote your conscience. But, surely you are not against recreational cannabis just because it will not benefit YOU personally, are you? :eek: IMHO, you need to look at whether it will benefit the state, the country and the people as a whole.

Getting a medical card can be expensive and time consuming and not everyone will qualify. I personally believe that every person should have the right to choose for themselves...whether it personally benefits me or not. I am very glad that Oregon has recreational cannabis.
California had legalization on the ballot previously and it failed. Ohio had legalization on the ballot and failed, even though both states had over 50% of the people to agree on it. It all had to do with how it was written and who would benefit from it. NJ has the worst mmj laws anywhere hands down. While Corsine wrote the law, Christie changed every aspect before it became law. And I wouldn't smoke the swag they pass as medicine...ever!

California had legalization on the ballot previously and it failed. Ohio had legalization on the ballot and failed, even though both states had over 50% of the people to agree on it. It all had to do with how it was written and who would benefit from it. NJ has the worst mmj laws anywhere hands down. While Corsine wrote the law, Christie changed every aspect before it became law. And I wouldn't smoke the swag they pass as medicine...ever!

Where does Christie get his anti mj beliefs from?...........I believe he is a lost cause for anything on mj......... gotta be something/somebody buttering his bread with his doings against mj.

His background is NJ Attorney General. He comes from a law enforcement background where the NJ State Police still assault people over a broken tail light if they have the wrong skin color. The #1 issue that NJSP feel they need to address is the steroid abuse from the troopers. 32% of active troopers tested positive to steroids in 2010.

I cant stand that fat basterd Christie.

point well taken---reality is this---cops don't give tickets for people carrying personal or in line with their recommendation unless you are a complete sheithead---they might get a misdemeanor ticket and weed confiscated (if it's topshelf)---still can't smoke it in public---still illegal and far more problems smoking a doobie in a federal park---there has NEVER been a shortage of weed in CA---EVER---medical or otherwise---each county and city has there own ordinances---commercial growing in my county has been grandfathered in to the medical providers---this legislation only delays the inevitable influx of out of state transplants with big $$ taking over the marketplace by flooding it with blackbox growing---generations of families and entire towns will become non existent ghost towns---right now guideline for a standard doctor rec is 100 sq ft---and 6 pounds dry---this new legislation also reduces personal grows to 6 plants---give me a minute and i will give you a few more reasons where the legislation falls short

point well taken---reality is this---cops don't give tickets for people carrying personal or in line with their recommendation unless you are a complete sheithead---they might get a misdemeanor ticket and weed confiscated (if it's topshelf)---still can't smoke it in public---still illegal and far more problems smoking a doobie in a federal park---there has NEVER been a shortage of weed in CA---EVER---medical or otherwise---each county and city has there own ordinances---commercial growing in my county has been grandfathered in to the medical providers---this legislation only delays the inevitable influx of out of state transplants with big $$ taking over the marketplace by flooding it with blackbox growing---generations of families and entire towns will become non existent ghost towns---right now guideline for a standard doctor rec is 100 sq ft---and 6 pounds dry---this new legislation also reduces personal grows to 6 plants---give me a minute and i will give you a few more reasons where the legislation falls short
I totally agree. The licenses issued in Calaveras County did include a 100 sqft
canopy license. This is for the current medical growers. NCH is 1 of the people arguing with the state to keep it at 100 sqft of canopy. If recreational cannabis passes, it will likely use a similar format. I don't think that is what will kill the small farmer, it will be price. Larger scale grows are able to reduce costs that a smaller farmer simply won't be able to compete.

Umbra I remember when U said California would supply the rest of the states and the world with cannabis !--- I see a problem that may cripple that plan somewhat !-- Seems most states with mmj are stipulating that it must be grown in that state !-- They are never gonna let California get all that tax money !-- Texas got that mmj law that helps no one !-- U can use RSO in a very limited diagnosis and the doctor must write a prescription and it is against the law for the doc to write such a script !-- There's talk they may try to amend the law the session after the first of the year and extend the list of diagnosis and remove the prescription language !-- Gov. Abbot --Says it will never be legal on his watch !-- They even passed a bill so that a municipality could decide whether to allow Po-Po to have the option of writing a ticket for less than an ounce !-- No municipality that I know of has allowed that !-- Just give me a little wiggle room !-- They won't let me play without paying ? Then hello grey area !-- I would perfer to be legal and pay taxes !- Chances are they will do just that-- and I'll be fine !-- I would pay taxes on it too if they let me be legal !

There's a young man down here gets much respect from me !-- The president of the local NORML chapter ! -- Gathered the required signatures and presented his arguments to the city council !-- He had to know they wouldn't listen !-- I am afraid to even stop by his office and tell him Thank You !-- I've thought about going to one of thier monthly meetings but I'm chicken sheet !-- This bothers me !-- There is a man out there willing to take the fight to the local government while I hide !-- This doesn't sit well with me !--What can I do ?

There's a young man down here gets much respect from me !-- The president of the local NORML chapter ! -- Gathered the required signatures and presented his arguments to the city council !-- He had to know they wouldn't listen !-- I am afraid to even stop by his office and tell him Thank You !-- I've thought about going to one of thier monthly meetings but I'm chicken sheet !-- This bothers me !-- There is a man out there willing to take the fight to the local government while I hide !-- This doesn't sit well with me !--What can I do ?

I think you should get credit for growing your own....... that risk should count for something......... it'd take some real kahunas to grow and run the local norml shop.

Thanks G13 -- It frustrates me !-- U know I got no problem with a good fight but how do I fight this ?-- I had to do something so I had a letter sent to him from out of state expressing my thanks !-- Told him about MP and the O.F.C. !-- He can't know who I am but he knows I'm in his town and how much I appreciate his work !-- D.D. thought it was too risky but I did it anyway !--

Umbre and Orange--that is the kind of thing I was talking about. The Ohio law was horribly flawed and if I had lived there, I also would have voted against it.

Keef, in Texas, I don't think they are even allowing something like RSO. I believe that they have only approved CBDs for children with seizures, haven't they? LOL--still more than Idaho did.

It will be interesting to see what happens after the election--we have a bunch of states with mmj and recreational on the ballot. The feds are going to have to do something as more and more states legalize. I sure would like to see the DEA not make it own rules as a starter.

Not to get into political talk, but Christy and Guiliani seem to have lost their minds. Christy as an AG would be the worst thing possible.

Yep you are correct THG,,,freaking CBD oil with Pesticides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back