Another Political Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Hillary, ,,yehaaaaaaaaaaaa:rofl:

Tax and Fee Changes for
Medical Marijuana Patients
Upon Prop. 64 Passage

If Proposition 64 passes, effective November 9, 2016, qualified patients with a state ID card will be exempted from retail sales tax on medical cannabis. ID card prices will be capped at $100 (or $50 for MediCal recipients).

Under Prop. 64, Locals That Ban Personal Outdoor Cultivation or Cannabis Commerce Would Lose Tax Dollars Although cultivation for personal use will be legal as of November 9, 2016 if the AUMA is approved by voters, local governments will not lose any regulatory authority if they do not have an ordinance in place addressing personal cultivation before the election.

Apparently the sheriff of Calaveras County had an entirely different spin on the law. After the county issued licenses for growing cannabis within the county, the sheriff decided that trimming the legally grown cannabis was against the law and raided 1 farm where he arrested 35 trimmers and confiscated 3,000 lbs of cannabis.

I love these Sherff's that think they are such a big deal that they can make their own rules. I have known very few sheriffs that were worth much.

If you ask me I think he should lose his badge for wasting the taxpayers money and the money of the guy who owned the property

ouch---sounds personal---no love for the sheriff here but must say when they came to investigate an odor complaint---legit medical paperwork sent them packing---still cat and mouse going on at harvest---hope that dude gets his herb back

Crooks with a badge,,,whats new.

Did U know if all the states with a green vote this year passes --- 61% of America will have access to legal cannabis in one form or another !-- Ya'll got to find a way to take it national to save us in the south !-- Seems just wrong that in Colorado U can walk into a store and buy a joint !-- In Texas a single joint sends me to jail !-- Something wrong in my world !-- They won't even let us vote on it !-- Take it national !--Please !--I need my medicine but I don't want to go to jail !

Keef, while you can buy a joint legally in CO, you can't smoke it in public, your hotel, or a bar, or a park. So what good is it?

Did U know if all the states with a green vote this year passes --- 61% of America will have access to legal cannabis in one form or another !-- Ya'll got to find a way to take it national to save us in the south !-- Seems just wrong that in Colorado U can walk into a store and buy a joint !-- In Texas a single joint sends me to jail !-- Something wrong in my world !-- They won't even let us vote on it !-- Take it national !--Please !--I need my medicine but I don't want to go to jail !

Support your local chapter of Norml-Texas NORML | Texas Chapter of the National Organization for the ...
https://www.texasnorml.org/--

Sunshine -- Bak-Bak -Bak !-- That's my chicken impression !-- Support NORML ? -I can't even stop by thier office !--- I'm a pot farmer I want to but I just can't make my feet do it !--- If it means anything when the local NORML chapter president tried to get the city council to adopt a state allowed provision to give Po-Po to have the option to give a ticket for one ounce or less instead of hauling U to jail in handcuffs !-- They would have none of it !-- I made sure he got a letter sent from out of state telling him Thank U ! -- I made sure knows about MP and the O.F.C.!-- I told him I wish I could join him in the 420 March but I was a coward !

Not a coward keef, you are just careful. And fearful for losing it all

There are some states that are simply so backwards (and conservvative) that they will probably never legalize MMJ. Texas is one of those, and so is Idaho. Idaho even tried to pass a preemptive law that said that it could never be put on the ballot. The governor veto'd CBDs for children with seizures because "we don't know enough about it". That is exactly why I moved. I am quite confident that I will die before Idaho legalizes it. I only moved about 80 miles away, but, oh what a difference. It is hard to put into words how freeing it is to not have to hide every thing and worry all the time you could be thrown in jail.

Umbra, I am fine with not smoking in public, at least Leo is not going to break into my home for my measley 6 plants and haul me off to jail. I lived in pretty much constant fear that any time I could be hauled to jail. And for a woman in her 60s, this is quite a frightening prospect.

Good luck to all of you with cannabis on the ballot.

I hope the democratic candidates honor this.

Democrats-Platform-Finally-Calls-for-Legalization-745x483.jpg

160902135337-10-week-in-politics-0903-super-169.jpg

If elected I hope she keeps her promise to reschedule cannabis to schedule 2. Descheduling would be best. Bernie did and that did not help him.

Politicians don't often keep their promises. We can only hope some of the pro-marijuana politicians get elected and keep them.

cv-04-08-11.jpg

BTW I voted for Representative Tom McClintok as he has introduced pro marijuana bills to the "do nothing" congress and supports legalization in our state.

He is one of 3 Members of Congress who has earned an A+ rating for their support of changing marijuana laws.

Last edited:
I seen in the news where they are claiming that Colorados crime has went up over 40% and they want to change the laws again. Whoops

LOL, where did you see that Weedhopper? Colorado has requested that Arizona's anti-cannabis groups quit using false stastictics to try and scare the Arizona voters.

I seen in the news where they are claiming that Colorados crime has went up over 40% and they want to change the laws again. Whoops

I saw that too WH, but nothing to back it up..also said driver fatalities are up. i don't believe it.. I saw it on the news THG... I say **.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back