Bud them quick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retired

Reaction score
Just wondering how to get the plants to bud quicker as I have a couple in pots outside & some in ground, originally had 4 in pots but someone liked them better than me, so if I bring the pots inside for 12dark & 12 lite how long befroe they bud

Depends...

How old are they? Are they sexually mature? What strain are you growing? If they are sexually mature and you put them into (good) 12/12 light, they should start budding within 2 weeks. How long they will take to finish budding depends on strain. Some take as little as 7 weeks, some take 14 weeks--9-10 weeks is a good average. While you can hasten the onset of budding, there is really no way to hasten the flowering process--it takes as long as it takes.

Do you have a space with adequate light and ventilation that you can keep totally 100% dark for the dark period during flowering phase?

but someone liked them better than me,
:hitchair:

Dam punks

useeually 8 weeks from the time they go in 12/12..but like THG said many things come into play

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Unless I'm really confused, this is the auto forum. There's no need for 12/12 at all. You'll only slow things down.

Classic said:
Unless I'm really confused, this is the auto forum. There's no need for 12/12 at all. You'll only slow things down.

LOL--you are absolutely right on all counts..... :doh:. I generally just check all new posts and sometimes do not watch out which forum it was posted in.

You do not want to run a 12/12 light schedule with autos. How old is your plant and what strain is it?

They'll bud on the same time frame as any auto. But the yeild will suffer on 12/12. I run mine 24/0 but that's just me... You might could get something out of them on 18/6 but most people advocate 20/4 for any true auto strain.

Are they actually autos wld be my first question...this might be posted in the auto section but in reality that means very little. Not everyone posts in the correct section.
The fact that the OP states
so if I bring the pots inside for 12dark & 12 lite how long befroe they bud
Makes me believe he either has regular photo period strains or has no clue how to grow an auto.
When I ran autos back in the day..lol I wld run them 24-0 in my veg tent. 12-12 will certainly hurt your yield. Like OHC said 20-4 is supposed to be the best light schedule...18-6 wld be the least amount of light I wld run them. JMO

Latest posts

Back