when to use lime?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuggy4105

The grass is greener...
Reaction score
my water is around 7.5 ph.Will lime bring that down ,or stabilize it?

:eek:

Using things like lime and lemon and vinegar only brings your ph down for 24 hours.:cool: It will also casue a build up of nasty stuff in your system. Get a real ph higher or lower IMO!!:eek:
Hope this helps!!:D

Helile said:
Using things like lime and lemon and vinegar only brings your ph down for 24 hours.:cool: It will also casue a build up of nasty stuff in your system. Get a real ph higher or lower IMO!!:eek:
Hope this helps!!:D

I think the question is directed at "horticultural" lime, as in lime stone, NOT lime juice, helile..;)
Lime mixed into the medium, is used as a "buffer" shuggy. At proper proportions, it stabalizes your ph at or near 7.0 for the entire grow.

thanx for the feedback Hick,"yes" i was meaning actual garden lime.
so i should add it whilst mixing my medium
i also have "epson salts",which would be best to apply?
:bugger:

It works like a charm too. I was having ph problems, so I added some dolomite lime to my mixture, and now she's steady as she goes baby.

shuggy...by far better off with the lime. epsoms won't help your ph at all, lime provides the necessary mg.

should the horticultural lime be integrated with the medium at the stated dose on the box?:cool:

hmmmmmmmmm...without knowing what the box says, "I" suggest 1 tablespoon per 1 gallon of medium...the rate that has worked well for me.

Hick,what would you reccomend for seedlings-9 days old?

exactly "that"....mixed in well prior to planting..

Latest posts

Back