Bud Rot???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FUM

Reaction score
:confused: I just came in from the greenhouse where I found one (1) bud that looked rotten. When I touched it the top of the cola fell off and left two thirds (2/3) of the bud that looks fine. I turned up the fans.:holysheep: Is that Bud/Cola going to be all right, or should I nip it off? Don't want any more rot.

Clip any molded/rotting buds off and give your girls a calcium supplement. This should prevent any further bud rot:).

So a calcium supp.retardes the mold? I'll remember that for next year.Thanks. But i ended up just cutting her down.
The trich's were going from foggy to having a black line starting up the stock of some of the trichromes. I dident like that action so i chop,chop cut them down. Is that blackness there a bad thing???

That was probably your resins degrading. Prob peak harvest time:).

Bot rot is always brown on my plants and I get it every year. Snip it off if you suspect rot.

I'm sure it's peak harvest. These last three (3) ladies are the best of the harem. Towards the end of the grow I started adding worm tea. The Cranberry growers (around here)are using it and getting much bigger growth in the berries bogs,and it also detour's bugs from there crops.

I would like to see picks..as i too just clip off the rot/resindegrade...sometimes the whole bud..sos to stop the spreading..

Bombbud..thanks for that tip on callcium:aok: wish we had :thank: button :ciao:

I had to go by the hydro store today and I asked my buddy there about calcium and bud rot. He disagreed with bbp about it. He said that calcium does help with blossom end rot, which is caused by a calcium/mag. deficiency. Bud rot is botrytis and calcium won't help it. He mentioned a product called Excel? for it. It is a systemic that you put in water and give to the plant through the soil BEFORE you get the rot. Once a month. I will look into it for next year. He suggested that if the plant was in the 2 week harvest window to just harvest it, rather than risk losing more to rot. I trust him. Just thought I would pass it along. Bud rot is a big deal for me and I would love to find some kind of answer, if not an actual solution. I am not saying bbp is wrong, just giving another opinion.

look for the caterpillar that started it all

Good looking out 420, Souunds like Excel may be a good investment. Please keep us posted on your resurch. Be nice the get rid of mold for good.

Latest posts

Back