Help with...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McDoobie

The Great White Jamaican
Reaction score
First timer here and I could use some advice. I started with 20 outdoor and 40 indoor after a skunk somehow got trapped in my garage and ruined everything indoors. I am down to 2 left outdoors. I live in the northeast and it is getting cold, turning one plant purple, but the other is still green as ever.

My question is should I pick these guys now, or try to wait a few weeks? I have a heater in to help with frost issues. Here are some pics, let me know if they are ready. Thanks in advance guys, this site has been awesome for learning.

2009-10-27 13.37.06.jpg

2009-10-27 13.37.15.jpg

2009-10-27 13.37.22.jpg

I have decided to bring these indoors to finish. How deep and/or wide spread are the roots for a transplant? They have been in the ground since May if that helps any.

How old are they? Do you know the strain? Only way to truly tell if they are ready is by looking at the trichs with a pocket microscope or a lupe..30x or better....

I dont know the strains. They are both different, im sure of that. Its my first real attempt from bag seed. One is dark purple, and the other bright green. I will try for better pics in the morning. They have been in ground as a seed since 1st week of May.

After reading another post here about harvesting early and letting the plants "rippen" I am gonna let them grow out a few more weeks, but after I bring them inside. There is no way they survive a New England November, lol.

Im worried about the roots and how deep they go. Id really hate to hurt them by transplanting them.

There is no way to dig up the plants with out doing some damage to the roots. If you must start digging at the drip line( outer reaches of the leaves) this should be the outwall of the hole you dug fo the site prep when you planted. Dig as much as you can 3 to 5 ft dia hole 2 + feet deep

Thank you Ozzy, for the decades of music too, lol.

What would be the best timing for lights to finish them off, 12/12? I dont wanna shock them to bad and hoping for a quick recovery. Also gotta do some cloning research. I love this place!

I would use 12/12. You are going to shock them pretty bad no matter what in traansplanting you will break the some feeder roots.

If there are small branch on the lower part of the plants, use them for clones, look in The "resources", Hick has a great cloning thread listed. I have a thread :Super simple cloning" that has a few diff way to clone posted by other member. Remember in cloning the plant wants to grow. You just have to make to conditions the best you can for the plants to survive.

Cloning when into flowering stage takes longer the cutting has to root and switch from flowering to vegation(Reveg) A reveg plant looks different and is fun to watch grow

Ozzdiodude, Thanks man. I found the cloning articles and read them. I will be bringing her inside today. I stole space from my wife last night and set it up already. She is gonna be suprised when she reaches for her coat, lol.

Thanks again and I will certainly be around this place for a long while.

Well I brought them in and after 24 hrs, and having lighting issues (testing hanging flouros at a 45 degree angle, after learning vertical dont work, lol) one looks great, the other is droopy. Im gonna clone from the droopy one today and see how it goes.

I took a healthy female plant in from outside that was in the ground and dug 2 foot around the plant and deep and scooped it up and put into a bucket and it hermie on me and it may already been hermie but I think it turned on me after I moved her. that just me..

Yea thats a possibility with all the stress it endures. Hope I get lucky and that dont happen.

McDoobie said:
Hope I get lucky and that dont happen.

That sounds like you haven't won the Lottery yet other wise your hopen to get Lucky.!;)

Take it slow when digging it up and watch out for large roots and yea more likely you will shock it.

If your that far let it go and keep the heater in there for warmth...;)

Latest posts

Back