Outside Grow- Firsty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If all you have right now is seeds in cups of dirt, keep them slightly moist and don't give them any nutes yet at all. As for watering right away, it's not that big a deal, just go back and see if everything is moist, if not, sprinkle the cups with a couple spoon fulls of water. It's a critticle time for the seeds and over watering is worse for them than less water. You might consider germinating the seeds before planting them into dirt next time, it helps alot of people grow plants because it illiminates the error factor(i.e over watering) that occurs when you plant a seed straight into the ground.

dont feed them any nutes! they are babies! start feeding them sometime after first transplant or bout a month old if they are going from those containers to the ground. If you feed the anything now they may die....
Read the thread on how to grow Marijauna, it is around here somewhere.
Good luck and out....

Sweet, I have had 9 sprouted today out of the twenty three. I'm hoping more are on the way but for now I'm already happy with nine.

congrats bro im about to start my first outdoor grow soon, and this is getting me excited

thanks man, and good luck with your crop, I hope it turns out all good.

bad bad news. I went to check out my plants today and discovered all the cups knocked over with all the soil out of around ten of em. I saved 12 or so and theres still 9 or 10 sproutees. I cannot even begin to express my dissapointment. It looks like an animal got to them. The remaining cups are back up but do you think there will be consequences for them lying over like that for too long? How can i keep those devils away?

Hey stunned, happened to me plenty of times. The seedlings (for me at least) have never died from this happening, might stress 'em a bit, but in my experience they continue to grow when knocked over and start bending towards the light source. I'd put some repellent near the area or a little fence that won't be noticable from the air or ground, chicken wire or something.

Well, at least thats good to hear but I'm still so angry, pissed, and dissapointed. I had so many seeds set up out there and I lost so many because of one stupid animal. I'm kicking myself I hadn't taken care of the animal problem beforehand but I was thinking animals would only become interested after the plant was taking shape but I was wrong. Now, I'm really nervous it'll happen again before I get back to the spot in time to set up a fence. How's a fence with wire from a fishing rod around the area?

You can do alot to keep the beasts away, a fence is number 1. Pee in the area and use skunk scent and 90 percent of animals will bail. You also might consider caging the plants in with a hardware cloth or chicken wire mesh. I've buried plants in wire mesh and covered them as well with the mesh. When you are first growing in an area, especially an area not easy to look at each day, you will find out about all the pests as time goes on. Don't be surprised if you have battles with bugs, gophers, deer, and the most scary of all pests, man!

So i looped two pieces of rope around the grow spot kinda just for deer. Now im moving my plants into large potz once sunday marks two weeks. Should I mix an organic fertilizer into the new soil for the bigger pots?

If you got a walmart by you, they sell this little greenhouse thing.. i think jippy makes it.. anyways they work very well to start out... I ilways germinate in paper towel, but when the sprout pop them in there for about a week.. its small wasy to hide and works very very good.. just an idea, dont just throw them outside because they will die.. get them a few inches and when you move them outside make sure they are safe, away from hard rain, when is started i built a tiny greenhouse i mean real tiny.. just to get the stems tough then took it off and no worries from there.. but good luck, and deff. dont usde miracle grow crap.. tried that once and will never do it again!

You got it all wrong, I'm already just about two weeks into growing outside and I'm moving the plants out of little foam cups into large flower pots. Now, should I mix a fertilizer into the potting soil for the bigger pots when I transfer the plants?

what size pots? if your organic then yes i would only add for trace elements/micros. kelp meal, adzomite, weak epsom solution. maybe a LITTLE bloodmeal or coffee grounds. work on establishing our soil then in couple weeks after that hit em w/ a weak nitro. if your useing chems then just soil & plant wait couple more weeks then fert.

Okay, the Miracle Gro Organic Plant Food is 7-2-1 which isn't really good is it? I'm looking to get a fertilizer 20-20-20? I don't know, I'm very confused on this whole subject with nutes. If anyone could kindly point me in the right direction. Should I be getting a fertilizer that is something that mixes into the soil? Or am I getting a liquid-based plant food I give to the plants every week or so? Thank you.

you want a liquid sounds like to me. the npk value of the MG is something youd want for veg growth. high Nitrogen for foliage growth, Phosphorous for photosynthesis & buds, & K (phophorous) is needed for root & cell structure. so feed this high nitro up until flower then give a high phos fert 1st & 5th weeks of flower. theres alot more about it but thats up 2 u.

i dnt wanna read everything but i red some, i just wanna add MG the nute that already added for the 3 month supply in the soil is not the right NPK, its actually bad for Marijuana plants...oh just red yea 20-20-20 is fine from MG just use 1/2 or 1/4 recomended strength to see if ur plant can handle it then gradually move up.and keep ur p.h 6.5 so it will take in the nute properly.get urself a ph test kit, not the meter it doesnt work.

Okay so I went to Home Depot and found an 18-18-21 Tomato Plant Food. Will this be okay to use during my veg stage and it's been two weeks since I planted the seeds so should I start using the food now? I also succesfully transported 9 of my plants into large 8 inch flower pots and one of my seeds actually sprouted for the first time after two weeks, isn't that kind of strange?

if this is all you can get then i say use it. just make sure your plants are asking for nutes b4 u decide 2 dose em. 4-6 wks usually is when they will need. also only give em 1/4 strength application then next feeding give em a 1/2 strength. watch em 4 any sign of burn, when you faintly see yellow tips then u know youve got the highest dose that they can take. get a fert that has a higher middle # for flower though. like a 5-10-5 or 10-20-10 these 2 are identical but 10-20-10 is twice as concentrated.

Thanks a lot man, are you sure it's 4-6 weeks and not like after 2 or 3?

plant has enough food stored in it to maintain for 4-6 weeks from time it breaks ground. i usually wait til they start looking pale then hit w/ weak solution.

Latest posts

Back