TCVG random pics

• Thread starter That crazy vancouver guy
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That crazy vancouver guy said:
well, benny... for the sides, I used 2x6, so it's 5.5inches tall... and the soil is about 1-1.5" below the top, so I am averaging about 4" of soil the length of the table, yes.

That is pretty darn cool! I am definitely going to give that a try, if I ever get my indoor room finished. I have some rough 2x12s in redwood and I thought it might work even better with a deeper soil bed. Do you replace or refresh the soil after a grow, or re-use what you have?

I reused the soil for the second run, but have since replaced it with fresh soil (sunshine mix #4) for run #3. I plan on reusing the soil for a couple/few runs, then sift thru the soil to remove the roots and pile it downstrairs to be reused when I transplant other plants to larger pots... they will be older plants by then, so any extra food that is still within my used soil does not burn them... although, I doubt there is much in the soil that would do much harm... in fact, I believe the soil to be better for the older plants as it's had time to collect beneficials while it was used on the table.

back to my thread update...

I finished setting up the table for run #3 over the weekend... there's a dozen each of Sage and Chemo alternating around the perimeter, and 21 Skush in the center of the table... the three Skush in the middle were cuts I took just last weekend, so they just rooted....:cool:

table run #3 - start.JPG

table run #3 - start (1).JPG

table run #3 - start (2).JPG

Looks like ya got a full house again TCVG:aok:

looks good brother.:) .

i notice when you clone, you don't cut the leaves in half as i've seen others here do. can you fill me in as to why? is there a certain technique that does'nt require the chop?

;) :) ...

IRISH said:
looks good brother.:) .

i notice when you clone, you don't cut the leaves in half as i've seen others here do. can you fill me in as to why? is there a certain technique that does'nt require the chop?

;) :) ...

I do, actually... all those clones you see on the table have had all the leaves that were manicured removed already... if I were to have had some close-up shots of the three in the middle, u would see all the leaves on the cuttings are cut back to about 1/3 each... :cool:

Very nice TCVG. Keep the pics coming. Always nice to take a peek at your garden. Take care and be safe my friend. :)

Nice, nice set-up, TCVG. Couple of questions, please--trying to get over the hump from old newbie to semi-know-it-all.

Do you have light movers or do you do okay without rotation?

You mentioned lights out for the last 2 weeks in a strain discription. What's your input on this? I see too many sucessfull growers doing it to just chunk the idea out the window without looking at the effect.

Thanks, and once more, nice set-up. I've got the room and I'm thinking about it now.

PencilHead said:
Nice, nice set-up, TCVG. Couple of questions, please--trying to get over the hump from old newbie to semi-know-it-all.

Do you have light movers or do you do okay without rotation?

I have a light mover, but I don't use it

You mentioned lights out for the last 2 weeks in a strain discription. What's your input on this? I see too many sucessfull growers doing it to just chunk the idea out the window without looking at the effect.

I got no opinion on that practice, as I've never utilized it myself... and I'm not going to... my thinking is... the sun does not do this naturally (go dark for 2 weeks), and we are trying to immitate nature here... as well as the fact that... the plant NEEDS the light in order for it to do it's thing, so why starve it of it's only energry source? ? ?

Thanks, and once more, nice set-up. I've got the room and I'm thinking about it now.

Thanx, man... I'm quite happy with the way the table run #2 went myself... as compared to run #1....

give it a try yerself, dude... betchya u'll stick with it after yer first run.... :cool:

I've got close to a couple dozen strains going of the new gear I've picked up the last few months... gunna have some clones to use on table run #4 of... Gorilla Grape, Blush, Space Queen, the Flav, White Widow XXX, the Void 2... and probably a bunch of other strains as well real soon... those are the confirmed females so far... majority still left to sex.

the table is moving along at 2 wks veg... and I was short a Sage clone, so I had room to stick one of the older Blush on the table... I still haven't even tried it out myself yet....:cool:

TCVGs greenhouse on Father's Day '09.JPG

TCVGs greenhouse on Father's Day '09 (2).JPG

TCVGs greenhouse on Father's Day '09 (3).JPG

Hello Van :)

:shocked: :eek: :shocked: :eek: :shocked:

How many plants have you got on the go?

:peace:

hello nice table
1 You really are BatMan,
2 you cant smell anything cause the mask
looks great

:holysheep::holysheep: :holysheep:
kaotik said:
reeks like pot? hmm, i wonder why.. couldn't be the growers paradise you have in EVERY room of your house? lol :p :D

looks nice m8, always stoked when i see 'last post by: that crazy vancouver guy'.. always know it's gonna be something good ;)
it is starting to pour out into the yard

Hello TCVG.:) .

can you show me a close up of the ww-xxx? are they inside?

lost a blush plant, and several others in a storm a few days past. we had a tornado rip'in it up here. winds in excess of 100mph+:eek: .

on a good note, we just aquired a pretty descent male chamber.:cool: . ( i'll show you a pic soon. your gonna like this.)

heres a pic of the non survivor blush.:eek: .

Edit> just noticed in post 48 of this thread in last pic, (theres 3 plants), that third one says its a blush? , it looks just like my Kult. my blush grew long and lanky, with a fair stretch in 'tween nodes. on the other hand, the Kult has much more compact nodes, with a richer green.

IRISH said:
Hello TCVG.:) .

can you show me a close up of the ww-xxx? are they inside?

lost a blush plant, and several others in a storm a few days past. we had a tornado rip'in it up here. winds in excess of 100mph+:eek: .

on a good note, we just aquired a pretty descent male chamber.:cool: . ( i'll show you a pic soon. your gonna like this.)

heres a pic of the non survivor blush.:eek: .

Edit> just noticed in post 48 of this thread in last pic, (theres 3 plants), that third one says its a blush? , it looks just like my Kult. my blush grew long and lanky, with a fair stretch in 'tween nodes. on the other hand, the Kult has much more compact nodes, with a richer green.

yup, the WWXXX are inside... didn't have enough to put any outside as well... I did put one in the '09 seed run, though... so it' got laid by Capt. Kirk (C99 leaning Flav)... and get this... in the times I've been poking around checking out the pregnant women... I must knocked out a Chemo seed, and it landed on the pot's soil... and got germinated the last time I watered the Chemo plant, cuz I got the first Beta run of Ditchweed happening already... LOL :D :cool: ... I took it out and put it in it's own pot after taking the pic.

ya, that last OD pic in #48 is a Blush - the only one outside... I'm pretty sure it's a fem, too... most of the plants this year are turning out to be fem... guess I found a good seed-popping routine to get fems...:hubba:

I took some individual pics as well of the OD so you can see the usual growing tendencies of the various strains... most of these pics are of untopped seedlings... the bigger "bushes" are obviously clones... the big bunch of similar big ones is a mix of Chemo and Sage - I didn't label those first ones that went outside, and those two strains look so much alike... in veg, anyways, that I don't know which is which anymore or how many of each there even is... lol... so what?... I'll be smoking it all regardless anyways... lol... I'm still debating allowing my OD to seed itself, too... if the batch inside turned out ok, then I won't....:cool:

the first one is a White Widow XXX fem - "AA", the second another Blush, and the third is the first Ditchweed plant to be popped... is this a sign, I wonder? ? ? lol... the rest of the pics are of the OD...

just thought I'd mention, too... the plant in pic 8, with the yellow leaves... looks that way cuz I got a neighborhood cat use'n my new flowerbed as a damn litter box... and that's why pic 10's plant looks so whilty... it didn't like the move I did to it last week when I replaced the one the cat decided to dig out for me...no... I didn't do anything to the cat:rolleyes:

White Widow XXX - female AA.JPG

Blush female A.JPG

a Chemo x Capt Kirk seedling found today.JPG

Outdoor '09 pics.JPG

Outdoor '09 pics (1).JPG

Outdoor '09 pics (2).JPG

Outdoor '09 pics (3).JPG

Outdoor '09 pics (4).JPG

Outdoor '09 pics (5).JPG

Outdoor '09 pics (6).JPG

Outdoor '09 pics (7).JPG

Outdoor '09 pics (8).JPG

more...

the last one there in the nursury pots have been topped, for the most part, a while ago... pics of the other stuff some time soon....:cool:

Outdoor '09 pics (9).JPG

Outdoor '09 pics (10).JPG

Outdoor '09 pics (11).JPG

Outdoor '09 pics (12).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back