my second grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mawth420

mawth420
Reaction score
Whats up everyone? i'm new to the site and i just started my second grow 2 1/2 weeks ago. let me hit you with a little background info first.

my first grow was just an attempt to see if i could. So i spent 20 bucks (soil 4" fan and a pot) and used the rest of the items from my house (flourescent light, cabinet, white trash bags to line the walls of the room). It was going awesome till i had to move to a new city. we stayed in a hotel for a couple weeks and my plant died in the back of the u haul cause it couldnt get any light.

fast forward 1 year and i am settled in a new house with a small (bigger than my 1 plant attempt but still small {8 plants inside 3 outside})
im using two 4' flourescent lights for 5 of the plants in a small closet. I also have some seedlings that came up a couple days ago in a box thats about 1' wide 1 1/2' long and 1 1/2' deep. its just a cardboard box that i shoved a wire coathanger through and then hung a 6$ flourescent from walmart off of.

I also have a northern lights clone that a friend gave me. its older and is on a flowering light cycle. But its too small for my tastes so im putting that back on a 24 hour cycle to veg. it a little bit more and then flower it with the rest of my seedlings.

ill have pics up in a couple days along with a more detailed description of the plants i have growing.

Good luck with your grow man. So are you just vegging them inside them floering outside or do you have 2 seprate grows set-up?

Hi there. First of all, welcome to MP. It's good to have you here. This is a great place to learn how to grow mj like a pro. It's also filled with members that are more than willing to help you out in any way possible. Make sure to take a look over the site rules and take advantage of the vast knowledge on the site. Do your research and you will be much more efficient in growing mj. I hope to see you around the forums. Until then, take care and be safe.

hey everyone! thanks for the welcoming words.
ill try to get some pics up soon

I do have 2 seperate set ups (3 technically)
closet, a big cardboard box, and my outgoor garden
Since this is my first time going all the way through the process im keeping it indoor so i can control it better and keep it small.

Anyone have any advice on cloning? Or pics of a northern lights plant? Any info about anything would be awesome. Especially personal experiences and tips.
Thanks again everyone!!!

welcome my friend..Do you have enough room for those?..what about the lumes? (2 four foot flours) isnt nearly enough my friend...need to add more lumes to your area...Also I am against useing any cardboard what so ever but if you must please have a Fire Ext.....close by..just my thaughts

hey man.. thanks for your concern. the box is really just for small seedlings. Once i get a little more space or materials ill make it better.

im saving up for lights too.. i cant really afford metal halide or high pressure sodium so i'm stuck with flours from walmart lol..
i planned on getting a couple more and some lumber to build an actual room instead of using a closet..

BTW this site is really awesome! i cant believe all the interest and support you get from this community. Not to mention all the information that is readily available.

Latest posts

Back