first grow - Trans Siberian

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngfella

Reaction score
Hey MP
I like to think Ive done my home work but any advice would be helpful. I'm totally lost of feeding schedule tho
I have big bud and overdrive I'm building a DWC system housing 6 plants and SOG method as well.
idk if this is even recommended but I'm looking to maximizing my yield
the area I'm growing is 3ft. deep 3ft. wide and 6ft tall with a 1080 lumen clf grow light

oh and has anyone grown Trans Siberian before?
:peace:

First, welcome to MP.

To maximize your yield, you need your grow space dialed in right. You need a minimum of 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging and a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering A space that is 3 x 3 is going to require a minimum of 27,000 lumens for vegging and 45,000 lumens for flowering. A CFL that is emitting 1080 lumens will be good for starting seedlings and clones, but you are going to need a whole lot more light really soon or you will get nothing. I personally prefer T5 fluorescent tubes for vegging and HPS for flowering. You can use CFLs, but they are the most expensive to operate of all the lights we use to grow with and when you get as many as you need, it gets really hot. You would need 25 bulbs the size you have now for vegging and 42 for flowering. And remember that these are minimums I run 90,000 lumens in a space that is 32" x 32. You also need good ventilation--a large fan to extract heat and exchange the air and an oscillating fan to move the air around. Your ventilation is almost as important as your lighting. Your plants need a continual supply of fresh air for proper photosynthesis.

When running hydro, you are going to need something to check the ppms and the pH of your nutrient solution. A solution that is too strong can kill the plants in a mater of hours in hydro and if the proper pH is not maintained, nutrients are locked out and your plant cannot utilize them.

Both Big Bud and Overdrive are bud enhancers, neither one of them can be used as a stand alone fertilizer or used while vegging. I run DWC and really like General Hydroponics Flora series, which uses a grow, a micro, and a bloom mixed in different ratios depending on whether you are vegging or flowering. With DWC you mix up nutrients and the plants are continually fed. The strength of the solution depends on both the age of the plant and the strain. The bottles give you guidelines for how much of each to use. Your ppm meter will make sure that your solution is the strength you need it. You will also need pH up and down and calibrations fluids. During flowering you will probably need to add cal-mag.

Tell us more about the DWC unit you are building. I have been running DWC for many many years and DIY everything I can. Many others here also run DWC. We can probably give you some pointers.

This is not an inexpensive hobby to embark on. How much money do you have to spend on this project? Your first priority is going to be a lot more light. Let us know your budget and we can help steer you in the right direction so you buy what you need and don't end up with equipment that you cannot use.

thank you and I'm glad to be part of such a great source of knowledge wow... okay than ahahaa
I have about 200 left. I bought a 22 gal tub with 6 holes in it and small fans
I got 4 disk diffusers, air pump with submersible water pump and 25ft of tubing havent got the wood,grid,light, or fert.
ill get the flora series and see how it does
what do you suggest for cheap lights

The tote will probably work just fine. Make sure that your water looks like it is boiling. I would forget using the submersible pump--you don't need it with DWC, just a good air pump and the air stones. You should probably do SOG though as that is not much room for 6 plants. You mention wood and grid....are are they for?

You might want to check Amazon for a HPS light. While a 400W will work, if you can spring for a 600W, it would be better. You are also going to need a fan though, so you cannot spend all your money on a light. Look around and see what you can find. Run it by the people here first to make sure you are actually getting what you need. Or if you are going to be able to get more money down the road, you might want to get a T5 fluorescent for vegging and get a HPS for flowering 6-8 weeks down the road when you put them into flowering.

The wood is for building the box to house the plants i also got wheels to mount so i can move it if needed. the grid is for SOG

you think chicken wire will work as the grid?

I cant get the T5 right now.
I need a light for Veg so if i get two 400HPS and keep one off during veg, you think ill be cool? or should i get a 600HPs and keep it on the hole cycle

My first recommendation is to read the two threads at the bottom of Hemp Godess post. They will give you ideas if you don't out right copy them. As for your lights,if your going to buy 2 buy one hps and one sodium imo. Otherwise hps for flowering. I also think that Trans Siberian is an autoflowering strain so I think building a screen is pointless, read as much as you can about auto's, lighting, light spectrums and ventilation. Once you feel you know those read about DWC and your first run will have a much better chance of making it to harvest.

A SOG does not use a grid--that is a SCROG. A SOG is when you grow a large number of small single cola plants. If the Trans Siberian is an auto, you will not want to scrog.

I was supposed to do a test grow, last summer, of the Trans Siberian, but when I got busted, they took the seeds. From some of the other test runs, on another forum, they grew pretty big, for autos. I haven't seen a smoke report yet.

HomieHogleg

you could also purchase a digital dimmable 600w mh/hps and veg with the mh, then swithch to the hps for the 12/12 flower. saving you from having to buy two lights right now. dimmables are nice cuz when starting sedlings the intensity can be adjusted down to 50% til strong enough for full lumens! ebay has light kits that contain the ballast hood the bulbs hangers and timer for around 200. then later buy a T5. they are sweet but not necessary. after your first harvest you can invest in one perhaps! you will also need a fan and filter for exchanging air!(approx $150)

Latest posts

Back