White Widow and 1 Purps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuggles

I was there...he inhaled
Reaction score
Ok I started this grow about 2 weeks ago but I will start a grow journal anyway. OK heres the scoop:

6 WW and 1 Purps (not sure if I can name what bank I got from)
I will be using a coco mix for medium.
So far for veg. I'm using a 600 watt MH conversion
I'm going to be trying some new nutes..House and Garden Coco formula.
Temps. 75 in day and cold at night (high 50's low 60's)
And humidity is not a problem.

Please feel free to ask questions or help me out...I'm kinda new to coco so anyone who is an old pro should pipe up if I'm messing it up...whew lots a work these journals.

OK lets get started by saying I did not take pics of my seeds germing but I used the distilled water soak in shot glasses, all seeds cracked in under 24 hours so they never even made it to the paper towels.

OK I decided to use Coco and see what I could learn about it. I will show how I mixed. I used some additives too and I will explain why as we go along. OK now for some pics of the Coco and a brief explanation.

First things first we decide how much Coco we need, it should say on the package what size it will "grow" too. Next we read the directions and follow them closely. It says to soak in pHed solution at 5.8. For the solution I added some Liquid Karma ( I love this stuff seems to kick start seedlings), some hydroguard (beneficial microbes in the coco) and some Vegan Compost Tea ( healthy root system and gentle feed) by GH. Ok it says to use a 25 gallon container and 7 gallons of water/soultion to hydrate. So we do that and find that the 30 gallon tote is a little more than half full so we got a nice amount of coco. Next we add some perlite and I also added a small amout of hydroton to increase O2 to the roots. I also added a whole small bag of worm castings, and some bat guano. Lastly I top it off with some Light Warrior to make it even fluffier and to help develop the young root system. Ok since I added some food in the mix I do not have to feed my babies right away...they will eat guano and worm castings and like it. Also remember to keep the mixing in a crappy area it will get dirty and wet where you are working I picked my utility room.

Ok I didn't really cover how much of what but I would guess I did about 60% Coco, 30 % perlite and the remaining 10% was the guanos, castings and Light Warrior.

S7300753.jpg

S7300756.jpg

S7300757.jpg

S7300755.jpg

S7300762.jpg

S7300758.jpg

S7300759.jpg

Hey That sounds like a great grow fixin to happen. Hats off to ya.

I am really diggin that coco mix ya got there. I want to do coco next. Good luck and lets see some green grow!:aok:

Welcome to MP also. Glad to have ya aboard.

PB:)

OK I was lucky enough to be gifted the House and Gardens Coco mix so that is my main nutrient for now. I'm also using Cal-Mag I don't care what they say it seems that no matter what nutes you use you need a Calcium supplement for Coco. OK her's a link to the nutes, they seem pricey but they are highly concetrated, hell the rooting formula is 72 USD for 250 ML, here's the catch though it's only 1ml per gallon, that's 250 gallons of water.

Ok here are the nutes
http://www.humboldtwholesale.com/products/house_garden.php

Also if anyone has any experience with these nutes please chime in and let us know what you thought, it's my first time using them....yikes.

about using the worm castings... u gotta watch out for that... it's pretty concentrated - can burn your babies easily... u wanna go light on using that.

just my opinion

WOW Those girls have such a nice home, I`m sure they`ll return the favour. By the way great choice of foods, i bookmarked that page.

Thanks guys, also Vancouver thanks this is what I'm asking about...so far no burns I did go with the smaller bag for that reason but I probably still overdid I'll keep an eye out.

here's some pics of the WW right after they poked through

S7300849.jpg

S7300855.jpg

and a week later I named the WW A-F and my purps is marked with the purple square...whew done for tonight.

S7300911.jpg

Whats up snuggles. Looks like your off to a great start. Here's some GREEN MOJO to give them babies a boost. ;)

looks like ww is the strain around this sight. hope they are dankyy!

good set up snuggles ,,ill be watchin this grow,,i hope they are all females for u

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM
AND HAPPY SMOKIN

lookin good, will be also watching. i grew purps from bc seeds last year. this year should do a bit better.

Yep looks like WW is the big one here...this is my first experience with it. Thanks for the well wishing guys. Tom Tom thanks but I want at least one male...I have the hardest time getting males in the winter, I'm starting to believe the whole lower temps lead to females. But all girls isn't bad either...LOL. Have a good weekend everyone:D

Here are the White Widow 17 days later, in coco and loving the House and Garden nutes TONS. I gifted my purps to a new grower...yay. I'm a firm believer of spreading the plant and giving more power to the people...LOL.

I have noticed slight differences in all the plants but they seem pretty much the same. I have one I might have to kill, it's stem is weak and had to be staked.

They stretched a little so I buried them in the transplant, I also have been foliar feeding with House and Garden Magic Green twice a week and they seem to like it. I am not sure of sex yet, I should check but you know how it goes. Also I must say I am really liking the coco immensely, screw soil I'm done with it...too pricey and not the same results as a nice coco mix.

Enjoy

whitewidow1.jpg

whitewidow2.jpg

I gifted my purps to a new grower...yay. I'm a firm believer of spreading the plant and giving more power to the people...LOL.

Kudos to you! That's awesome. That is how I received my first plant. You bet I plan on returning the favor to the person that gave me that first plant when I can. Hopefully by this spring. :cool:

Yes coco is a great growing edge. I love the texture and the way it holds water. Right befor i went to hydro i bought a bag and loved it. Great looks WW's i have some coming in the mail right now. Cant wait

BenDover said:
Kudos to you! That's awesome. That is how I received my first plant. You bet I plan on returning the favor to the person that gave me that first plant when I can. Hopefully by this spring. :cool:

Good to hear, pay him back and return the favor by helping someone you trust start also. Power in numbers my friend, plus it's a fun hobby, eh?

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

alright man, lemme see how it's done :cool:

Latest posts

Back