Arjans Haze#2 Strawberrycough A New Hydro Set Up Need All The Help I Can Get!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Silly....Crazy asked me to look in on your grow...I am a soil grower but do use Hydro stuff...I use the 1x1 rockwool..I remove the paper around the cube..and soak them in some Clonex solution befor putting seedling in...I also Germ mine in paper towel until Tap root shows then transfer to rockwool...2-3 weeks roots show threw the sides of rockwool is when i transfer to a 3gallon container...This is the only transfer I will make..I would say not good to transfer into another rockwool..it is rich in acid not good for weak roots..IMO..I dont use any nutes accept root stimulator a week after transfer..then after 4 weeks I start Fox farm nutes useing the soil schedule...I am not sure with your set up but I have learned that seedlings and cuttings like flours light better....in your dome it looks like you have vent holes in top? Not sure why....I go into my Grow room twice a day and remove dome and mist with root stimulater check flower room and Veg room put dome back on( its off maybe 15-20min)..I do this in morning7am...and again 7pm..I use Disstilled water when useing Nutes every other water and Rain water on days not Nuteing..Sorry for the Novel..Hope everything works out 4U

sillysara said:
im gonna get seeds tomowrow and start over..i hear u about the arm chair coach its hard to see whats actully going on..im going to use spring water and anything i think iwas at fault with ..even though i dont know what iv done wrong..im going to keep them in the small cubes longer instead of transplanting into the bigger rockwool cubes becoz thats when things kinda went wrong..anything to do with germination and rockwool that u think i shud know about let me know;) 1
the pics below u can see one off the seedlings that died on me..and the rockwool cubes..question how long shud the seedling be in the smaller rockwool before i transplant?

You say you are going to start over? why?what happen? Your srouts looked good so far and as for transplanting the ones you have in the round containers they could go for a few weeks in those.I have some in 16 oz cups @ about 4 weeks now...I may take them through flower in these cups..but they still have room for root grwth..Keep it Green Sara..never give up on them and they will be as lovely as your avitar..:hubba:

im not to good being a avitar but i have not given up on them im just short some i have 10 pod system..i hpe to get 7 or 8 females(fem seeds) i think i can get a few strong ones if i can give it another go and with ur help its possible..i put some mylar over the rockwool to stop it from heating up,i also watered 'them with ph 5.6 so i hope in the morning things look up..all advice wellcome

the one on the rt is 6 days and the other 4 days

SDC10310.JPG

Sounds like you're on the right track sara.
I also use paper towel till the tap root is maybe 1/4-1/2 inch long, then transfer to the-
1x1 inchers i take off the wrapper, soak in ph adjusted solution preferably distilled water.
Once transfer is complete I leave in dark warm place, warm temperatures encourage root growth, so maybe on top of your fridge is a good place something to that effect, I sometimes wrap in bath towels inside of an upside down dish (to keep moisture in), the towels help insulate and keep temps up.

Soon as the bean starts to breach surface throw it under the light and transplant to the next medium within the next day or two. I say this because if your roots show through the 1x1 you can damage the plant if the light is on, so if you have it under the light you want to transfer BEFORE the roots come out the cube, they aren't big fans of light :p.

I really think it was the PH but truthfully it is rarely one thing but more likely a combination of things.

I would say Keep the ph right, keep up the temp, keep up the moisture, and keep up the darkness until you put it under the light.

Most of this has been said but it's nice to have it all together.

sorry sillysara i didnt reply to your timer post,been busy working away from home.there is a (7 day digital LCD timer) on ebay,to buy it plus post and packaging would work out at about 12 euro which is pretty good value.with this timer you can set it to come on any day you want plus for any amount of time you want it on.if you dont use ebay then i am not sure where to buy one in a shop over here,i have been to alot of the main garden suppliers and they just stock the standard 15 minute ones.there is a new company after setting up over here called (branching out) which supplies almost everything to do with growing marijuana,soil,ferts,hydro,lights etc,but they are very expensive,but if you can afford it and dont have an ebay account you should check them out as they supply most things you will need,hope this helps,peace out.

hey guys
i got the seeds today and they r germinate'n now..i presoaked the rockwool in ph adjusted water..this time around i will leave them in the 1 inch cubes untill they grow a good root system..i guess a week..
my mishap was transplanting to soon in to the 4 inch rockwool cubes..and then when they were in the propogater they let of alot of heat..another problem i had was use'n a 250 hps light which probley was another factor..this time around im going to use floro's..anything anybody wants to add feel free,,round 2

SDC10328.JPG

SDC10329.JPG

SDC10330.JPG

ok back to my soil grows:eek: heres a couple of pictures of the mixed seeds from sensi they are 15 days into flower they were kinda slow to show sex at firstr and only there a week ago i pulled the males..i hope they are ok:eek:
and they seedlings in the small pots are 11 days old..any advice wellcome,.

SDC10332.JPG

SDC10333.JPG

SDC10334.JPG

SDC10335.JPG

sillysara said:
ok back to my soil grows:eek: heres a couple of pictures of the mixed seeds from sensi they are 15 days into flower they were kinda slow to show sex at firstr and only there a week ago i pulled the males..i hope they are ok:eek:
and they seedlings in the small pots are 11 days old..any advice wellcome,.

You're doing a nice job with those in soil. I didn't ask before but just thought of it, did you pre-soak your larger rockwool cubes in adjusted ph solution? You can use Superthrive, just 1 drop a gallon for the new babies. It's vitamin B1 and it helps them develope roots, etc. Good luck this time around, do you still have them though, are they still alive? Wandering minds want to know. :D Take care...

i presoaked the rockwool in prepared ph adjusted water..i soaked them for a minute or 2 and now their sitting out in the open probley do it one more time in the morning
..here is a picture of the seedlings that are shocked in some sort of way..they are 6 days old..i hope they come around!!just in case i got more seeds..:eek: god have mercy

SDC10337.JPG

SDC10338.JPG

k, sara?... here's what u wanna do... get rid of the mylar under the plant. use a brown terricloth material - like a towel - over the rockwool.

and what size light and type r u using?... at what distance?

lax4wm said:
Nice Shoe.

is that what is relected???... I couldn't figure out what the Hell I was looking at right at first... then I realized it was mylar underneath... then I thought... what the hell is being reflected?....

That crazy vancouver guy said:
k, sara?... here's what u wanna do... get rid of the mylar under the plant. use a brown terricloth material - like a towel - over the rockwool.

and what size light and type r u using?... at what distance?
hey
im use'n a 250 hps at the moment but gonna get a enviro or floros tomowrow the height is 1 ft.. i dont have a towl like that, the mylar brought the heat down..ill try to fix it

the reason I suggested that is cuz u want it dark under the plant. it's fine to have light to the sides and up above (prefereably), but u don't want light underneath... how much light does dirt give off?... you just want darkness below the stem... as if the roots were burried in dirt. just use cardboard then... cut a slot out half way thru a large circle or square going into the center of the covering.

and if you can, get floro's over the seedling... that 250W hps is too strong... or at least raise to like 2-3' above the little girl.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
is that what is relected???... I couldn't figure out what the Hell I was looking at right at first... then I realized it was mylar underneath... then I thought... what the hell is being reflected?....

lol, her shoe is to the left but it is being partially reflected. The actual shoe is there though.

She keeps'em clean.

im not to sure how much heat it gives off:eek:
1 of the strawberrycough seedings seems to have some sort of sickness..
they are 11 days old and have grown nicely untill i noticed the leafs check em out:eek:

SDC10339.JPG

SDC10340.JPG

Latest posts

Back