First Grow-Hydroponics-Closet Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so decided i wanted to be greedy and only throw one seed in for germination. If it dose not crack than ill just try another and so on and so forth, i only have 5, but they are feminised so all i need for them to do is crack! Well i decided to do the old seed in the distilled water technique. Iv never had a problem with this technique. And i came up with a good way to keep the water warm. i just set the container on-top of my external hard drive. Wala, heat pad...

SANY0075-1.JPG

SANY0077-1.JPG

OK, so Nancy looks like "Shes" doing really well... I see some small little white specs on her, what are these? Trichomes? And also her steam is kinda spochy brown where it comes out of the rock-wool. Is this normal? She looks really green every where else.

SANY0079-1.JPG

Timmyjg6 said:
OK so i ordered 5 feminised strawberry cough seeds, i was kinda skeptical but i went ahead and dished the money out for them. and they came but will they grow? I will know in time..

hey timmy,

where did you get your seeds at and how did u pay for them and also how long did it take from order to actually getting em in ur hands.. ??

anotha ? how much u pay for em?? just wondering cuz im very interested in that strain.. but couldnt really find ne at a good price.. let alone real strawberry cough...

bout the heat pad,, lol that works.. just keep an eye on it and make sure it dont dry out.. at all.. or else.. lol

and ya it is a good idea to do one at a time in ur case.. what if u got all females and u dont have the room for em.. then u out that many females..

but if u did one at a time and ur first one is a female you can use that as ur mama.. and clone her for her baby females.. grow em bout foot maybe foot and a half and put em into flower.. u should em up bout 3- 5 footers.. ahh lol.. just do the right stuff and ull be happy..

white spots ... hmm trichomes not necessarily.. that comes when ur flowering... could it be dust.. or sumthing else..?

i got a lil one that is bout ur size and i accendentlly got perlite dust on mine,, not that that is what is wrong with yours... are they big time noticable white spots??

ok so im thinking bout it more and more.. and im looking at ur setep and noticed that ur watering thing looks like a sprayer...?

that could be ur white spots.. the nuted water got on the leaves.. which is sorta bad.. could burn em and what not..

also when u get ur leaves wet with nething.. nuted or plain water.. u create a maginification (if u will) and from the light, it does the same thing if u use a magnify glass to burn ants.. using the sun.. same deal with wetness(water) and ur grow lights.. so u end up burning ur lil nancy..

try and wipe em off.. carefully and when the light goes out.. maybe take a wet clean soft rag and carefully wipe the leaves.. do this when the light is off.. so u prevent burns..

u might want to move ur sprayer and sorta move it in a way that it sprays down ward towards the roots. instead of spraying across it if im correct on from what im looking at..

Whats up BushyKush420, Lets see. I ordered my seeds at Dr.Chronic. They have lots of strains from a lot of different seed company's, also you can get reg 10 packs, 5 packs, and feminised. I paid, £36.22, and £5 pounds for shipping. , or all together $83 American by via credit card but you can pay with money order. And lets see, i typed the order into the site on Feb 28 and received them in my hands in Mar 07. So 8 days. And about your quote.... I ordered feminised seeds, they are guaranteed to be female.. so no males, guaranteed. And the white on my leaves is barley noticeable and its in the leaf not on it.. Just little specs.
[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]

Timmyjg6 said:
Whats up BushyKush420, Lets see. I ordered my seeds at Dr.Chronic. They have lots of strains from alot of difrent seed companys, also you can get reg 10 packs, 5 packs, and feminized. I paid, £36.22, and £5 pounds for shipping. , or alltogether $83 American by via credit card but you can pay with money order. And lets see, i typed the order into the site on Feb 28 and revieved them in my hands in Mar 07. So 8 days. And about your quote.... I ordered feminized seeds, they are garentied to be female.. so no males, garentied. And the white on my leaves is barlley noticable and its in the leafe not on it.. Just little specs.​

so u got em from Dr Chronc? or through anota bank that is through the DR?? and i wouldnt recommend using cc to buy stuff like that.. along with not sending it to ur own grow house.. (safehouse) (good friend) or (gf house) is good.. and fem'd seeds i dont think are 100% guaranteed.. but have a great chance rather.. you'll see what u get.. u could get all girls. maybe not..

not saying ull get males... but there is the next worst thing.. Hermies.. (half girl half male)..

and the specs might be cuz its spraying on the plant, rather than on the rockwool cube..

BushyKush420 said:
so u got em from Dr Chronc? or through anota bank that is through the DR?? and i wouldnt recommend using cc to buy stuff like that.. along with not sending it to ur own grow house.. (safehouse) (good friend) or (gf house) is good.. and fem'd seeds i dont think are 100% guaranteed.. but have a great chance rather.. you'll see what u get.. u could get all girls. maybe not..

not saying ull get males... but there is the next worst thing.. Hermies.. (half girl half male)..

and the specs might be cuz its spraying on the plant, rather than on the rockwool cube..

hermies are worse than males, a male can be spotted real easy!!

the widowmaker said:
hermies are worse than males, a male can be spotted real easy!!

yes very true.. i wasnt thinking bout the (telling the difference)

but hey widow maker u heard that same stuff too right?
bout fem's seeds have a chance of going hermie?

I've grown various female strains personally, i have to say i have got more hermies from reg seeds than fems although i have grown many more reg seeds so percentage wise the fems probably are worse.

I will say that some breeders are better at feminizing than others. Although if you can its always better to go with reg seeds, but if the strain is only available in fems then you have no choice, you just have to watch em, I had some dutch passion feminized blueberry, all 5 popped but only 1 plant was safe to keep.

Timmyjg6 said:
Im sorry, just stating what i have bin told.

??? what u talking about?? lol no need for apoligies.. i dont think. lol unless i missed sumthing.. :D

Guess what :eek: i just bought me a 250Watt MetIal holied bulb :hubba: and put in my 250Watt HPS ballace. Wait one sec...........:bong1: ............ Ok im good. And then Placed Nancy underneath. Shes loving it, she said it reminds her about Hawaii..... Man the stories she tells me :eek:, im gana hate cuttin her up:cry:. So what exacley do you tell your little girls, "Im going to kill you and smoke you:huh:?" I just dont know.......:holysheep: im baked......

Hey guys, i am kinda having a problem with my temp. getting too high. When i put that Metal Halide bulb in it raised my temp. in my closet like crazy. I have a couple fans pulling the heat of Nancy but i need to find something better. Any suggestions. After trial and error of where to place my fans i have the temp at 83. But its averaging 88. How bad is this?

Timmyjg6 said:
Hey guys, i am kinda having a problem with my temp. getting too high. When i put that Metal Halide bulb in it raised my temp. in my closet like crazy. I have a couple fans pulling the heat of Nancy but i need to find something better. Any suggestions. After trial and error of where to place my fans i have the temp at 83. But its averaging 88. How bad is this?

what up timmy??

lol i knew that using an Metal Halide would do that.. thats why i recommended flouros... they work. they dont get to hot..

and 88 is a lil high,

as u know heat rises.. so ud most likely want ur exaust fan at the top of ur closet blowing it out..

prime temp.. is bouts. 70 - 85, just a guesstimate... but id say go back to the cfl's, u'll save money..

BushyKush420 said:
what up timmy??

lol i knew that using an Metal Halide would do that.. thats why i recommended flouros... they work. they dont get to hot..

and 88 is a lil high,

as u know heat rises.. so ud most likely want ur exaust fan at the top of ur closet blowing it out..

prime temp.. is bouts. 70 - 85, just a guesstimate... but id say go back to the cfl's, u'll save money..

Well i finally got the temp at 83. But i am taking your advise and switching back to cfl's on my next grow. I am thinking about getting 2 4' 2 bulb florescent shop lights. But when i am looking around at bulbs all i can find is cool white, iv looked all around. Most don't say eather... so confused, what else would they be called?.............. Thanks

Timmyjg6 said:
Well i finally got the temp at 83. But i am taking your advise and switching back to cfl's on my next grow. I am thinking about getting 2 4' 2 bulb florescent shop lights. But when i am looking around at bulbs all i can find is cool white, iv looked all around. Most don't say eather... so confused, what else would they be called?.............. Thanks

all cool white is ok too.. i just like mixing it up a little.. if u have a home depot or walmart... they should have em..

one kind is cool white.. and other is Warm White..

i bought my shop lights at menards, for 10 bucks a piece.. bulbs i got at home depot.. 4 bucks for a 2 pack of each, total of 9 bucks or so..

MH is good for veg, dont get me wrong... as long as u can control the temp.. and for ur closet the biggest i think id use would be 250's watters..

as there small closets, let me find my charts.. for lighting per sq ft.. thing ill find out..

just keep the light from burning ur plant, and or overheating ur room..

Sorry i haven't uploaded any pic's yet, my camera fell and now it wont turn on... So now im just taking pic's with my Phone, The Helio-ocean-2mp. Well Nancy looks like she is doing very very well. And guess what! One of my Strawberry cough Seeds have just cracked. After going threw 3 seeds only one has cracked..... What a bummer. O well. You can see the Strawberry in her 1" rock-wool cube right before i pinch the hole closed.... Look close you can see tap root.... Ooooo, Me excited.

babby kush.jpg

fans.jpg

rockwool.jpg

Timmyjg6 said:
Sorry i haven't uploaded any pic's yet, my camera fell and now it wont turn on... So now im just taking pic's with my Phone, The Helio-ocean-2mp. Well Nancy looks like she is doing very very well. And guess what! One of my Strawberry cough Seeds have just cracked. After going threw 3 seeds only one has cracked..... What a bummer. O well. You can see the Strawberry in her 1" rock-wool cube right before i pinch the hole closed.... Look close you can see tap root.... Ooooo, Me excited.

hey timmy.. u in ur own apartment?? or ??? and do u have doors on ur closets??

and id suggest u take that fan thats on the box and turn it towards the wall and up towards to the ceiling.. and that lil fan on the tub is just fine but dont blow it directly on the plant.. as for the biggest fan is that one blowing out (away from the plant)???

Hay BushyKush420, Yes i have an apartment with my girl friend. And yes there is a door to my closet. And with the fans. The oscillating fan dose not usually sit like it looks in the pic. I have it faced towards the wall, and the little fan on the tub blows just over Nancy and blows the hot air towards the biggest fan, which is facing the door to the closet. I also placed the balice outside the closet, and after all this it still gets to 85.

Timmyjg6 said:
Hay BushyKush420, Yes i have an apartment with my girl friend. And yes there is a door to my closet. And with the fans. The oscillating fan dose not usually sit like it looks in the pic. I have it faced towards the wall, and the little fan on the tub blows just over Nancy and blows the hot air towards the biggest fan, which is facing the door to the closet. I also placed the balice outside the closet, and after all this it still gets to 85.

k thats good.. anotha thing.. ur gonna want doors on ur actual room, not just to the walk in closet. cuz if ur lights are on in ur veg. and ur lights in the flower part... it could get the photosynthesis mixd up .. or whateve word it is.. lol

cheap easy way to do it. is to use black plastic.. and sticky velcro..

stick the velcro to the top of ur lil closets in ur walk in, and the plastic at the top.. well ill just send u a link to a closet setup video.. and its easy..

its good if u watch all 9 of those videos.. its all good info.. trust me..

Latest posts

Back