Liermam's first grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liermam

Reaction score
Alright! Here it is guys, I've finally done it! Got my growroom fully setup, seeds germed and planted. Heres what I'm working with:

400W HPS - 55,000 Lumens. 24/0 for veg. 12/12 for flowering.

Closet space: 2' x 3' x 5'. Total of 5.8 sq ft, 9,800 Lumens/sq ft.

Ventilation: 2 31.5CFM 80mm fans. One intake, one exhaust. I also have an oscillating fan inside.

Seeds: Mixed bagseed. I'd say anywhere between 3 and 4 different strains.

Nutes: 20-20-20 generic flowerland mix. Shoot me, I know. I'll get some better ones later.

So last week i started germinating seeds. I germinated them in two batches. I put 10 seeds in a paper towel, and 7 in a cottonball method i've come to use. Surprisingly, all of them germinated fully within 2 days.

I planted the plastic cup and clay pot plants a day earlier than the rest, because i didn't have time to pick up 4" pots. Every single seed sprouted. You'll notice one cup has two seeds in it. :doh:. Thats the last time I plant seeds right after smoking ;).

Hmmm... I feel as though i'm forgetting something. Oh well. Lets move on to pics:

Pic 1: Day one. A few still have not sprouted yet. Just got the ventilation system up and running. :cool:

Pic 2: The setup. Light, fan, plants. Simple, clean, effective :hubba:.

Pic 3: My exhaust and intake fans.

Pic 4: Day two. All have sprouted. We're off and running! Drink, feed, and wait. :D.

Alright guys. I think thats it. I'll update later if I think of anything else!

S5030470.JPG

S5030471.JPG

S5030472.JPG

S5030473.JPG

Looking good so far. I wish you the best of luck with them. Make sure to keep us posted my friend. Take care and be safe. I will be pulling up a chair to watch.

Well, I figured I'd give you guys a treat and give you a pic of my outdoor plant. I started it indoors under my old CFL setup, but after a very long and rocky life, i decided to just move it outside.

If this thing follows the natural pattern, it will be vegging for 3 months :holysheep:.

On the note of my indoor grow, things are getting just a bit warm. I'm sure this will correct itself as i move the light closer to the exhaust fan, but for now i'm leaving the door cracked. I will even try to add another fan soon.

Anyways, here you go guys! Happy monday!

Peace!

S5030475.JPG

S5030474.JPG

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates. Life has thrown me some curveballs as of recent, so for right now, lets say this grow is "on the rocks" and could come down at any time. :fid:.

Anyways. Moving on!

First up, a little look at my outdoor grow. Not much to say. I'm really just letting nature take its course. This baby is nearly 2 months old.

Second, the closet grow. Lots of changes here.

As you can see, I removed some plants. One of the babies refused to root, and another was simply not growing anymore. So I pulled them. I pulled 2 more plants that were a little runty, because I only have 6 pots to replant in. I was going to repot all of my plants yesterday, on their 11th day, but OOPS! i ran out of soil :eek:. So I replanted the best looking one and another.

I'll hopefully be getting more soil within the next 2 days, and I'll have all of them repotted by day 14.

You'll notice they're all a little burned on their lower nodes. They had a really rough weekend, and life prevented me from giving them the tender loving care they need. They all seem to be making a steady recovery.

They're also kind of droopy. I'm not sure if its over or underwartering for the ones in the smaller cup, but it will correct itself after some repotting.

Wish I had some more impressive pics to offer, but hey! I'm a first time grower!

Enjoy guys!

S5030477.JPG

S5030480.JPG

S5030481.JPG

S5030484.JPG

S5030485.JPG

S5030486.JPG

S5030487.JPG

S5030488.JPG

Well when it comes time to flower you need to make the door to your grow room light proof. You want pitch black in there.

Hey lier, your ladies do look a little sick. Have you been feeding them any ferts? How often do you water? What kind of soil are you using?

This may help us narrow down your problems.

FLA Funk said:
Did you top that one outside?

Indeed I did! Don't ask me how! Beginners luck I guess! I mean I pinched tops, but I didn't expect her to respond so perfectly!

Timmyjg6 said:
Well when it comes time to flower you need to make the door to your grow room light proof. You want pitch black in there.

Yea. Thats my next problem. I really have now idea how i'm going to go about that. I guess i could just hurl a blanket over the door, hopefully my ventilation won't suffer...

bigbudsbruddah said:
Hey lier, your ladies do look a little sick. Have you been feeding them any ferts? How often do you water? What kind of soil are you using?

This may help us narrow down your problems.

Sick? Naah. Just a little overwatered, and some heat stress about a week ago.

I haven't ferted yet, don't plan on it for maybe another week. My babies will let me know when they're starving. I'm pretty sure its overwatering, but this soil dries out quickly. I'm using FoxFarm's Premium Mix, which i'm pretty sure is a more outdoor garden mixture, but my hydro store had no ocean forest so hey =\.

I come bearing great news!

My outdoor plant has showed her true colors. Thats right! Her.

I went outside to check on her today, and she's taken some stress recently from some bugs and other things. Her stem is cracked a little at the bottom, i'm hoping she doesn't get infected. But i looked at the upper nodes, and notice 2 groups of 2 tiny tiny white pistils poking out of her nodes. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
I tried to get a pic so you all could share in my excitement. The green blob in photo #1's spot is a testament to my renowned photography skills. As you can all CLEARLY see, shes going into flowering way early! yay!

On to my indoor grow. I picked up some ocean forest soil and repotted all of my plants on friday. They are slowly recovering, but recovering none the less. All of them were extremely root bound. But all new growth is as green as can be, and the two i repotted earlier look as good as ever!

I've been having more heat issues recently, temps creeping up into the mid 90's when i'm not paying close attention. I guess i didn't realize how much ventilation I would need, but i've come prepared!

In the second and thirds pics you can see a nice fan that i've picked up. Its 200/240CFM. I'm thinking of just screwing this in right below my other exaust fan. What do you guys think? Would that be suffecient to cool my room? Would i need to duct my lamp to keep it actively air cooled at all times? The sooner I get the temperature under control, the sooner i can start adding even more goodies to the grow room! So all advice is needed!

The rest of the pics are of the indoor plants. Pic 4 is a group shot, pic 5 and 6 are individual shots of some of the runtier plants. The plants in pictures 7 and 8 are the ones that were repotted earlier. Look at them just take off! Pics 9 and 10 are again, the plants I just repotted.

I'm hoping also to move my lamp over about 6-12 inches. You'll notice that my 6 pots are off-centered to make room for the oscillating fan. So i'm hoping moving it over will adjust for this, at least somewhat.

Anyways, all is good over here for now! I'll hopefully have better cooling installed by mid-week this week. Enjoy guys! Happy toking!

S5030489.JPG

S5030505.JPG

S5030504.JPG

S5030490.JPG

S5030497.JPG

S5030498.JPG

S5030499.JPG

S5030500.JPG

S5030501.JPG

S5030502.JPG

Yeah that outdoor plant is a beauty. I'm def going to try that now that I see yours. Very cool liermam.

Nice setup on the indoors grow. The plant outside looks good. Make sure you check on it all the time for bugs/infection/disease and anything else that could happen. Good luck. I will be watchin.

420MrStoner420 said:
Nice setup on the indoors grow. The plant outside looks good. Make sure you check on it all the time for bugs/infection/disease and anything else that could happen. Good luck. I will be watchin.

Ha its far beyond that point already =\.

Shes got a few leaves bitten on, and i constantly find bugs out there. I try my best to keep them under control, i check on it about every day.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

I know how ya feel about the bugs. I've had these tiny creatures that could hop like some sort of mini grass hopper type of thing that would munch out on the leaves creating mini little holes on the leaf and would eat the edges as of the leaves as well.

Everything's looking good to me. I'd water the pots a bit more. Keep it up!

Some time during the night last night, my fan fell on to one of my plants (the best looking one :( ) and completely smothered it. Its still standing up, but the leaves are bent in every direction and its not looking so hot.

But! Its time to turn disaster into a miracle! I'm going to LST this puppy, see if I can't pull off a big fat bush for my first time.

Everything is looking good so far my friend. I'm sure your plant will pull through. I do crazy lst and they do just fine. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

liermam said:
But! Its time to turn disaster into a miracle! I'm going to LST this puppy, see if I can't pull off a big fat bush for my first time.

Thats the way to do it!!! My first plant i grew in my micro box was an LST easy sativa on 12/12 from seed and it grew so well, I started the lst when it was only a few weeks old! Unfortunately at 6 weeks it revealed it was male so had to go...shame though as that would have been a MASSIVE bush of bud!

So yea I highly recommend LST to anyone!!!

Latest posts

Back