auto germing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunakard2000

Reaction score
which method for germinating autos would be best, water soak till root pops then into final home or just prep pots and drop the seed right into the pots? iv grown using both methods just not sure if a water soak till root pops then planting would add to the plants stress.

I soak till it sinks (typically 24 hours) then sow into mgss.

If it's an old seed, i'll soak till I see the white tail starting to protrude then sow into the medium.

no just ordered some seeds, i really wanted some purple and found some purple kush autos and got a free purple bud auto too... so they should be new-ish seeds, not more then a few months old id imagine, so just soak till sink then pop in pots... thanks XD ooh also would having them in 24/0 veg till they show sex hurt them or would 20/4 be better in veg? ill be moving them from my veg space to my flower space set up for 20/4 and not sure if ill need to dig out a timer for my veg lights

The only auto I ran, I ran it 24/7 but the peeps over at autoflower.net suggest the 20/4 on/off. I just didn't wanna have to go hunt down a timer at the time...lol...

thanks, dug out my older timer that still works like a charm for my veg lights, better keep it all 20/4 if thats the recommended

If they are new seeds, I would sow them directly into some seed starter soil or a starting cube like rapid rooters or rock wool. The purpose of soaking is to hydrate old seeds whose shells may have hardened over time.

well my seeds are typically a year or older before i get to the new strains. Does that constitute old? lol..

I don't understand, You make it sound like these seeds are fragile and need special attention compared too any other seed in nature. This soaking thing is overkill. Just put them is a pot and let it grow. Seeds will always pop if they are viable. I have many strains of seeds seeds over ten years old that still grow just fine. No stupid soaking required in my opinion!:)

Latest posts

Back