Tips and tricks with PJ using LED tech, It's not just the lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MR1 showed me a neat light that seemed like a "better bang for the buck" in my grow journal, what are your thoughts on this light PJ? Directly comparable to the one you linked or stronger / weaker?

http://www.mars-hydro.com/led-grow-light-100-3w.html

If you want a light that is basically set up to bloom with no bloom/veg switch go with MR1's light. If you want a light designed to veg go with the one I posted.

My recommendations are based on years of experience, not opinions based on 1 or 2 grows with the tech.

Both lights will grow plants, but the one I linked you to is for what you asked.

Personally, I use 2 lights over a 4x2 and use about 180 watts total and use 2 bands only.

Oh hey thanks.. this is why I came here, PJ. For direct thoughts from you about it. I am looking to veg only with them, cover as much space as I can with it and have very healthy (no stretching) veg setup.

Thanks PJ :aok:

Saw a couple people talking LED's only flower down about 12", so thought I'd bump this thread since I flowered out a 6 foot plant top to bottom and have instructions here on how to.

If LED's only flowered down 12" I would have stopped using them after the first time i used them. It's just not true with good LED's.

Don't believe the hype.

View attachment user61_pic2472_1383957706.jpg
5 foot plant as an example.

Lucas on Pruning

I have been using these techniques for years, and find they work really well on plants from seed, and I still remove most of the lower branches on cuts. Figured I'd share this info for anyone who does not practice pruning, or understand why it is we do it.

PJ

> How do you feel about pruning

I am strongly in favor of pruning, and think PistilWhipt deserves great respect for popularizing the concept with our community.

5-6oz from 250w is excellent, and would probably be of lower quality and lower quantity without pruning.

My rules of thumb on pruning are as follows.

snipped for clarity

Boy, did I pick the wrong guy to poke.
THIS is exactly what I was looking for, thanks kindly P Jammers

That was me that said that, I thought you told me that PJ. So sorry I am spreading falsehoods.

Saw a couple people talking LED's only flower down about 12", so thought I'd bump this thread since I flowered out a 6 foot plant top to bottom and have instructions here on how to.

If LED's only flowered down 12" I would have stopped using them after the first time i used them. It's just not true with good LED's.

Don't believe the hype.

View attachment 223448
5 foot plant as an example.

This is what i was talking about, sorry about that.

This is what i was talking about, sorry about that.
2275378_orig.jpg

I saw it posted like three times, but not by you. Tisk Tisk

cool, so how tall of a canopy does a LED grower need to aim for? I don't think it is 6 ft right? i would need to build a new ceiling :laugh:

cool, so how tall of a canopy does a LED grower need to aim for? I don't think it is 6 ft right? i would need to build a new ceiling :laugh:

That's going to totally depend on ones style of growing. I see people doing anywhere from 2 to 4 foot plants. I also see people screen out large areas with low plant numbers and do well.

The key is knowing how far down said LED fixture will get in to the plant. Taller the plant, less dense the canopy can be so plant will need to be opened up.

Hello all. Saw your thread and figured I'd chime in. I've been growing outdoors for years and now I'm on my first grow inside. I do take alot of foliage off my plants and train them the way I want them to grow . It's working so far insode,just don't have more than a couple months for veg and then bloom. I'm bout through the veg stage now. And I'm using leds and one 400 watt hps . Here's a couple pics. First ones an outside grow . My style of growing I named ground pounding
bae63e02870dcd4137e7919bc5d95351.jpg
679fc4441757e8ab21225c81291909b1.jpg
32207b3ae610730224bc2454f79351b8.jpg
b8bf76d2cababe69a177005e8e456230.jpg
d386c17d3dd58658fec757c2aa2bc3c6.jpg
a3a5c522cfb5234c2beda33fda822c64.jpg
7d65bda336aba92c055e44a8ce4ed74a.jpg

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back