horrible news from canada (HC gonna rat you out)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaotik

MrInvisible
Reaction score
disgusting news for medical marijuana users in canada i wanted to pass along.

background if you don't know; our system set up by health canada allowed carded medical users to grow for themselves, or have someone do it for them.
that's all coming to an end this month (in what i see as the canadian governments attempt to take over a marijuana monopoly.. as i think it'll be legal shortly after they have control)
they now will only allow a few select warehouses to grow all of canada's medical supply (mailed to you in the post) *there's currently 11 (was 9 just last week)

..yeah, if that wasn't bad enough..

so now they're sending out letters to all who grew under the old rules; threatening them that if they don't sign saying that they wont grow anymore, health canada will turn over all their information to the authorities :angrywife:

Health Canada:
Recently, the Government of Canada amended the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations to require participants of the Marihuana Medical Access Program to provide written notice to Health Canada by April 30, 2014, stating that they no longer possess marijuana (dried marijuana, plants or seeds) obtained under the old program. Those that were authorized to grow marijuana must also attest that they have discontinued production. Participants are also required to confirm the amount of marijuana and number of plants destroyed, if any.

If participants do not comply with the requirement to notify Health Canada, the Department will notify law enforcement. The Department will also continue to cooperate with police and provide information needed to protect public safety, as appropriate.

they know these people are sick, and are ready and wanting to sick the cops on em.
doesn't that sound pretty criminal? they say organized crime is bad.. they aint got nothing on health canada.

still seems pretty grey area to me too, as those are medical records are they not? or came from medical reasons.
- i'm sure it's not illegal or they wouldn't do it, but it must be right on the edge.

so this is Canada eh? wow :(

yet another example of greed

disgusting they'd victimize the sick and dying like that.

It is the same in the state of WA... I am so sorry Kaotik. It is all about money and that is horrible.

..for now anyway

looks like a judge has issued an injunction, for now. for current medical homegrowers

A Federal Court judge in Vancouver has granted a last-minute reprieve for medical marijuana users who say they need to be able to grow their own pot at home.

On Friday morning, the judge granted an injunction allowing those who have a personal production licence to grow medical marijuana to continue for now, pending the outcome of a trial to be held at a later date.

Those with an authorization to possess medical marijuana will also be allowed to continue to do so under the injunction, though they will only be permitted to hold up to 150 grams.

medical marijuana
Under Health Canada's new rules, patients growing cannabis at home must send notification to Health Canada by April 30 stating that they've stopped production and destroyed their plants, or law enforcement will be notified. (CBC)

Without the injunction, Health Canada's new laws, which go into effect April 1, would end the home production of medical marijuana.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...uana-users-can-grow-at-home-for-now-1.2581742

phew *even though i'm not one, i know the harm this was going to do to some who would obey the new system/law.

this just broke, so much to sift through still.
but it looks like we'll get a reprieve (for a little bit anyway)
i hope this sticks.. this is the most common sensical system; they can grow it on large scale.. but people can chose to grow their own small amount.

considering how the week started. this is a huge sigh of relief for many canadians i'm sure
:)

we will be prob grandfathered in, none of the NEW patients will NOT be allowed.
the new L.P system wont change a tonne, imo. its set up for those who can afford it and a rec user system or to be legalized.

Latest posts

Back